“Excellent hotel close to Sultanahmet”
Review of Lady Diana Hotel

Lady Diana Hotel
Ranked #415 of 1,147 Hotels in Istanbul
“Excellent hotel close to Sultanahmet”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Centrally located at sultanahmet,close to blue mosque n hagya sophia.Rooms and toilet were very clean and hygenic. Staff was very cordial and helpful and helped us in booking trips locally.Breakfast buffet was good and the terrace restaurant has beautiful view of blue mosque and the bosporous.Very impressed with the staff and strongly recommend this hotel if anyone planning a trip to istanbul.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We have stayed in this hotel for 3 days and I can say its one of the best hotel I have ever stayed in Istanbul. It is newly decorated and the rooms are decent size with the location is just meters away from all the important places. The customer servises was also great . We contact them directly and had a great deal which they also upgrade us to delux room without extra charge. Also the roof top terrace restaurant has amazing view of the Blue mosque and Sulatanahmet Mosque. Will go there again

Room Tip: 4th floor is where we stay and we are very happy with it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I haven't written any review in my whole life, but this time i found myself in such a bad situation that i had to report this to other travelers.

This week was my 5th visit to Turkey in 2014. I love the city and i love coming often for a break.

I came across a hotel during my search called Lady Diana, and went through its website that shows a really nice atmosphere. Great views with a nice terrace, spa and other facilities. The rooms seemed wow.

When i first arrived from the Airport, the least i could say i was chocked. The lobby was empty and the hotel was still under renovation. This was never mentioned by the website, and never mentioned through my communication with the hotel. The duty manager directly withdrew the amount of 3 nights, for my room.

I was supposed to come with a group, and one of my friends got stuck at the airport in Dubai and wasn't able to come with us. I explained it to the front office manager in charge, and he said he will no withdraw my money as i have done my friend a separate reservation for his room.

Next day morning they withdrew the money without informing me. When i asked they said that its normal but they will try to redeem again. It never happened.

We went down to the breakfast, and there was no buffet, someone brought us for each one plate with few pieces of cheese, one egg and bread !

The terrace that we saw in the website, did not exist. The spa does not exist. No water to drink in the room. No tissue papers. No mini bar or at least coffee or tea !!!

My friend from istanbul passed by to see us me and my friends, he stayed for less than half an hour and when he left, he gt humiliated by the staff at the reception !!!!

Bottom line, i would say the worst hotel , the worst staff and a big internet lie.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank zeina b
Москва, Россия
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a short sightseeing tour in Stambul with my daughter during he autumn school break. Great thing is the location and the roof view/bar, not so great - really small room and bathroom. Breakfast was a kind of standard, however with quite a limited number of choices.

Room Tip: Talk to the reception if the room faces the noisy street to change
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Next to the blue mosque offering amazing view from its rooftop restaurant, the food actually is great and the rooms are good. It needs to be refurbished actually but overall it's a good hotel specially with the blue mosque spectacular views from the rooftop restaurant. The staff are friendly and really helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great location near to the Blue Mosque, and within easy reach of the mueseums and port area.
Wonderfull rooftop restaurant serving good food and wine. The views at night from the restaurant are unforgetable.
Very friendly and helpfull staff.
Bedroom slightly dated, could do with a refurb in the next year or so.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Long Neck, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had dinner in the restaurant of this hotel. The restaurant is on the top floor and has window walls to take in the great view. There is also a terrace but it can get chilly at night in Sept. Ask for an inside table in the corner for a view of the Blue Mosque. The food is good and a little pricey but worth it. We had dinner with friends and were never pressured to hurry through our meal. It is a delightful way to spend an evening in Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple