“awesome”
Review of Know Hostel

Know Hostel
Ranked #58 of 1,087 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is in a great location. It is 20 meters from the Gulhane tram station and about 10 minutes walk from the Blue mosque and 5 minutes from Topkapi palace. The rooms are not very big but they are clean and are comfortable. Washroom is very neat and clean and new.
The staff is very helpful, especially Orhan who is the manager of the hotel and Erkan, who is the owner of the hotel. Orhan helped us plan our day trips, guided us about the bus routes and assisted us with everything we needed. One of the staff members even helped us purchase a new bag (they were cheap near his house so he got one for us) and they were kind enough to keep our luggage for 5 days with them too. The breakfast was awesome and there was a lot of variety.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of living in sultanahmet area as the Elite Kasseria staff and the facility offer everything you would want to have.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Orhan Ö, Ön Büro Müdürü at Know Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your nice comment about our Hotel. You made very important points about the location of the hotel and it's quietness. And we are also happy for your comment about the staff, it really motivates us.

Looking forward to hosting you again for your next stay, here in your home in Istanbul!!

King Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed three days at the end of July: the position is awesome, just 5 minutes walk by most important sites of Sultanahmet, our room was very comfortable, the bathroom perfectly clean and newly refurbished. Breakfast is abudant and the blue-eyed lady in the kitchen is very pretty and kind. Orhan, the receptionist, was very kind and helpful to us: he patiently explained to us how to sort bus connections in Istanbul and he made a reservation on behalf of us by personally calling at a restaurant.
Astounding money for value Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014
Orhan Ö, Ön Büro Müdürü at Know Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Greetings from Elite Kasseria Hotel Istanbul.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Elite Kasseria Hotel. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Elite Kasseria Hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us in Elite Kasseria Hotel.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel as I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I spent there only 4 days but they were exellent.The rooms are new and clean with nice interiour (especially I liked the diamonds in the bathroom:))I was pleasantly surprised with the kettle with coffee and tea in the room which came in handy much.
Special hearty thanks to the personnel, they were very kind and caring.On the last day of my stay I was upgraded to the other room category and I got a great view from the window.
Guys thank you very much for making my stay in Istanbul unforgettable!
Best regards
Maria

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Orhan Ö, Ön Büro Müdürü at Know Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I visited the gift shop of this hotel on my recent trip to Istanbul. It had great gifts to take back for family and friends at really reasonable prices. The staff could not have been nicer, they spoke excellent English and we were made to feel so welcome. We were fed snacks cooked by the manager's mother and given a free gift! On my last day in Istanbul, I returned to the shop to purchase some last minute gifts and completely forgot to take the shopping with me when I left. I had a business card from the shop and emailed them the following day from the UK. The store manager, Fatih, packaged up the gifts and posted them to me at home, service totally above and beyond the norm. I would definitely recommend a visit to this shop if you travel to Istanbul.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This small hotel, just eight rooms, is great. Everything is brand new! Yes, it's cozy, but it's also just a short walk from the major tourist attractions. The staff is wonderfully friendly, helping book tours, etc. the breakfast is delicious: a new special item every day. There's even a lending library for books and they'll loan you an umbrella. There's air conditioning if you need it, and always a smile to greet you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MovingRightAloong
Orhan Ö, Ön Büro Müdürü at Know Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Reviewed 2 June 2014

After the horrors of passport control at Ataturk airport and the airline delays we were worried about finding our ride. No worries, the driver sent by the hotel was still waiting despite out 3 hour delay. He even pulled over on the busy road to get us waters after that 13 hour plane ride. The hotel was perfectly friendly upon arrival and took those cumbersome bags from us.

The breakfast was amazing. We were full until dinner. We didn't realize how spoiled we were by that breakfast until we flew to the coast. The eggs and sausage were perfect! I raved about them so much that Mama made them again the next morning. I am missing them for sure. It was a perfect blend of breads, jams, hot items, fruit and cheeses. There were plenty of drinks and the coffee was superb.

Housekeeping was above and beyond. We were so impressed by the cleaning that we we almost ashamed of how messy we were to begin with.

It was perfectly located on the T1 tram line and everything was easy to access from here.

The wifi was reliable and great. We never once turned on the tv during our stay but it was a large one. The a/c worked great. The bathroom was spacious with lots of much appreciated storage under the sink. There were plenty of towels.

I will certainly recommend this place to others and look forward to going back. I legitimately have nothing even mildly negative to say about this place.

Room Tip: We slept with the doors open in room 401 to hear the street noise but once closed you couldn't h...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank amy l
Orhan Ö, Ön Büro Müdürü at Know Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything went well for us in Istanbul. Although our arrival at the airport was beset by atrociously inefficient and ineffective airport staff at managing huge immigration lineups, and trust me I have been through scores of undeveloped airports, everything else was excellent in this wonderful city.

The hotel was perfectly located for sightseeing, and the family-based staff was courteous, knowledgeable and above all, quite willing to help. Food was home cooked and yummy! Room was small, but clean and modern. Chatting with the staff was fun.

I have no complaints other than we did not have longer explore Istanbul: an eccletic mix of new and old. Truly a fabulous city. Pity about some of the political stress.

A special thanks to all at Elite K. Hotel. I would have written this review sooner, but there has been a coup in Bangkok, where I live, so I have been preoccupied. I missed rating this place on Booking,com, but I would have given it 9/10. :)

Room Tip: I saw the suites and they looked quite big. Our room was adequate for a couple. There is a nice cat...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SERKAN K, Ön Büro Müdürü at Know Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014