“Really nice place to stay, great location”
Review of Med Cezir Hotel

Med Cezir Hotel
Ranked #14 of 1,039 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Really nice place to stay, great location”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I saw a few negative reviews right after I booked, but glad that I didn't change my mind! The location is just perfect- close to the major sights in Sultanahmet but quiet and safe (beside the Four Seasons). Breakfast is great, many options to choose from. Staff are very friendly and helpful, nice to chat to etc. I had flowers and the cleaning staff brought me a vase for them, and kept an eye out for a necklace that I misplaced (it was lost in my luggage). Definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MadaleineB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is quite dated in decor but the service and location makes up for what it lacks. The rooms are very functional and rather large which was great for all our luggage, all rooms are upstairs, no lift, but no worries for us. The bed was on the hard side, but I really like a soft bed which is hard to find when you travel. They also have a coffee shop at the bottom of their hotel - kind of next door, apparently it used to be a restaurant, but they changed it to a coffee shop with cakes and sweets etc.. The location is brilliant just a short walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and tram. The service was great, very friendly owner and staff. Breakfast was typically Turkish buffet, we enjoyed it. The streets behind the hotel have a great bar and restaurant scene we really enjoyed our time at the restaurants in this area. We also went to a Turkish Bath just around the corner called Ayasofya Meydanı, it is expensive by Turkish standards, but will worth treating yourself and very convenient to the hotel. We would definitely stay here again unless we could afford to stay at the Four Seasons which is directly across the road :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellersBrisbane
Shizuoka
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel about three days at the beginning of May. It was a little bit cool during the night,
but the room I stayed in had an oilheater. That made me feel comfortable.
One of the best reasons that I love this hotel is good location. It is located just between Ayasofya
and Sultanahmet Camii. It takes only five minutes to go there. Also, It has a roof where you can see
breathtaking view of Ayasofya and Sultanahmet Camii. In my case, I took many pictures whenever I wanted.
And the boss and staff are very kind and friendly, so I could get useful infomation.
I am from Japan. I did not know much about Turkey. But we had a good conversation with the staff about culture,
politics, people in Turkey and so on. I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tomacante
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stayed 4 nights in this wonderful boutique hotel in the Old City. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful. Was much like staying with friends. Cem and the entire staff do everything possible to help you get the most out of your visit. Book confidently!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie K
Mechelen
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is arguably one of the best places to stay in Istanbul. It is literally next door to the Aya Sofya and Blue Mosque but somehow doesn't feel like being in the tourist epicentre, which for us was a very big plus. Also, Samet and Orhan, the guys working the reception, were ridiculously nice and helpful. Stay here!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank RafNjo
Cordoba, Argentina
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The location is unique
The room we had (N*3) has a view to the Hagia Sofía
And from the terrace you see also the Blue Mosque
And you are within walking distance of all the places in sultanamed
The atention is amazing
I Will be back again and I do recomend it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Agustin2
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 15 June 2014

perfect location, just in between aya sofya and blue mosque. within one minute walk you can enter the core area of the city! you can also enjoy the two amazing buildings on the terrace of this hotel. very helpful staff that provides us with all kinds of help. nice breakfast that every morning we enjoyed a lot with it. the coffee bar is also great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple