“Best location for a first time tourist to Istanbul and helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Med Cezir Hotel

Med Cezir Hotel
Ranked #15 of 1,029 Istanbul B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best location for a first time tourist to Istanbul and helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked to stay at Med Cezir, a family-run hotel with only about 12 rooms, at the beginning and end of a short solo trip around Turkey. For a first time tourist to Istanbul, Med Cezir is situated in the best possible location, directly between Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque. The private roof terrace with views of these two sights was great. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful and spoke very good English. The hotel was very clean. The bunk bed I had to sleep on was not super comfortable, and there were shared bathrooms, but the small number of guests, good staff and location made up for those minor downsides. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This hostel is located in between hagia Sophia and the blue mosque, so the views from the roof terrace are breathtaking! This has been the only hotel in Turkey that we have stayed in with friendly and fluent English speaking staff. The guys from the hotel bend over backwards to help you with your needs. Rooms are really nice and very clean.
The only reason I didn't give it an excellent review, is because they recommended a travel agency that ripped us off. Don't trust any agencies, book directly with tour companies!
Loved this hostel, I would definitely stay there again! Highly recommended!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Olga D
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for a few days in June as part of my travels. I must say its one of the best places ive stayed at. Location is perfect, staff are great, airport transfer was simple. Staff was very helpful in guiding me around. Was fun chilling with you guys.

-Jesse from Brooklyn

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jesse G
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I saw a few negative reviews right after I booked, but glad that I didn't change my mind! The location is just perfect- close to the major sights in Sultanahmet but quiet and safe (beside the Four Seasons). Breakfast is great, many options to choose from. Staff are very friendly and helpful, nice to chat to etc. I had flowers and the cleaning staff brought me a vase for them, and kept an eye out for a necklace that I misplaced (it was lost in my luggage). Definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MadaleineB
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is quite dated in decor but the service and location makes up for what it lacks. The rooms are very functional and rather large which was great for all our luggage, all rooms are upstairs, no lift, but no worries for us. The bed was on the hard side, but I really like a soft bed which is hard to find when you travel. They also have a coffee shop at the bottom of their hotel - kind of next door, apparently it used to be a restaurant, but they changed it to a coffee shop with cakes and sweets etc.. The location is brilliant just a short walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and tram. The service was great, very friendly owner and staff. Breakfast was typically Turkish buffet, we enjoyed it. The streets behind the hotel have a great bar and restaurant scene we really enjoyed our time at the restaurants in this area. We also went to a Turkish Bath just around the corner called Ayasofya Meydanı, it is expensive by Turkish standards, but will worth treating yourself and very convenient to the hotel. We would definitely stay here again unless we could afford to stay at the Four Seasons which is directly across the road :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellersBrisbane
Shizuoka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel about three days at the beginning of May. It was a little bit cool during the night,
but the room I stayed in had an oilheater. That made me feel comfortable.
One of the best reasons that I love this hotel is good location. It is located just between Ayasofya
and Sultanahmet Camii. It takes only five minutes to go there. Also, It has a roof where you can see
breathtaking view of Ayasofya and Sultanahmet Camii. In my case, I took many pictures whenever I wanted.
And the boss and staff are very kind and friendly, so I could get useful infomation.
I am from Japan. I did not know much about Turkey. But we had a good conversation with the staff about culture,
politics, people in Turkey and so on. I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tomacante
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stayed 4 nights in this wonderful boutique hotel in the Old City. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful. Was much like staying with friends. Cem and the entire staff do everything possible to help you get the most out of your visit. Book confidently!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple