“Hotel for Business Stay only”

Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul
Ranked #176 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Hotel located in Business area of Istanbul far from City center and Touristic Area.If you are in a Business trip to visit Company this is the best hotel from location point of view.
Hotel Has large Room and comfortable for Work wise but need re-design for lighting system (You need to switch on all lamps on the room to get normal light!!).Internet was available for free in my Room but no WiFi that something strange for a Business hotel.
Hotel has normal facility ( One Restaurant Only and Lobby) Meeting Room was normal.
Staff friendly.As the hotel is far from city Center most of the customer will use the Restaurant frequently but the hotel has one Restaurant that limit the choice of location and Menu.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

Sheraton Istanbul Maslak is located in a business area which is all global company offices located around. We receive mostly business travelers. Our location is very convenient and the metro is 5 minutes by walking for them. On the other hand our location is near by Bosphorus indeed business plazas with access to city by metro and shopping centers around the hotel.

I was sorry to hear that you were not satisfied internet access, our IT and Technical Service team have taken this feedback on board and will ensure that they try to their best our guests request and room comfort.

We appreciate your patronage and through the guidance of your feedbacks we are able to see and eliminate the mistakes in our control mechanism which is the first step towards improvement of our services.

There are newer reviews for Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Main area for development is employee attitude which creates the atmosphere in the hotel.

Employees not seeking eye contact with guests, nor saying hello unless directly adressed (then a professional smile). Receptionists moving around in front of guests in receptionist area without paying attention to guests, manager approaching in the area doing the same. Guest receptionist situated between reception and lifts not paying attention to guests passing by, more focussing on mobile phone texting. Concierge ("info@...") did not reply to email before or during stay.

When we ordered espresso, double espresso and cappuccino after dinner in hotel restaurant we were all served filter coffe (though the single "espresso" was served in a small cup). We had to argue that filter coffe is different from espresso etc before we had it replaced (!). No morning papers before 8am when having breakfast (too late for weekdays I say).

Scrambled eggs more of soup first day. Second day the opposite, like a cake. Third morning almost "average standard".

No information in the room about shoe polish service and no bag for such service, so I dialled "0" to guest service and was told to bring my pair of shoes to the reception when I was leaving the hotel at 8 am in the morning. Receptionist did not understand why I brought my shoes to the reception and asked me to come back after 9am, pointing at the entrance where a shoe polisher had his place. Even though I referred to my call with Guest Service (her colleagues), she still argued. She made a few more calls and then asked me to wait by the shoe polishers place and he should come. 10 min later I put my shoes there with a note as I had to leave (with the risk of someone just picking up my shoes and go away). Luckily, I found my shoes polished in my room in the evening. Pity that I had to argue for a basic service instead of having a smile in the morning "give them to me and I'll make sure they get polished".

Room in Preferred Guest area (11th floor) dark and worn, though spacious. Not quiet (you hear your neighbours talking). At the moment a new sky scrape is under construction, facing the room I had. Drilling in concrete was loud and annoying as windows was not closing tight. (You hear wind blowing through the closed (!) window at night). Tv picture with lousy quality (like in the old days when you had a physical antenna with bad connection, "ants war"). I called guest service for help adjusting the picture. First they would send someone up, but a few minutes later they called back and told me it was a general problem they could not fix). Air condition very noisy so it had to be switched off during sleep.

No ashtrays outside entrance so guests just dropped cigarettes on the ground (not very nice impression when arriving).

I stayed for three nights, impression did not improve during the stay. I do not recommend this hotel. Someone said Sheraton bought this hotel not long ago, and there is obviously still a lot to do to convert to Sheraton standard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the entrance. Disturbing construction ongoing on the opposite side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for choosing Sheraton Maslak Istanbul for your accommodation need in Istanbul.

Regarding your comments we were sorry for the problems that you faced in our Hotel during your accommodation. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.We would like to kindly inform you that we have shared the issue with the related department also your complaint has been discussed by the hotel’s management.

Sheraton Istanbul Maslak is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

We look forward to provide you as a guest the level of service they expect from Sheraton Hotels.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is an average-to-good hotel in the Maslas/Sisli area of Istanbul. I have stayed here 7-8 times in the past 6 months. I work in rtte local area so the location is good however it is outside of the centre so may not be so good for tourists given the famous Istanbul traffic. There is a metro station nearby so all is not lost!

The rooms are fine, spacious, modern and clean The hotel has an attached gym, swimming pool and spa/Turkish Bath. The facilities are free for hotel guests although you have to pay to reserve the squash court (we always argue and get it for free but it takes 10 minutes of showdown every time).

The open areas are reasonable, the bar is in the main lobby. The restaurant I would rate as average, breakfast is a buffet and is ok. I did eat one night and it was average at best. There is a large shopping centre with restaurants in Istinye park 5 minutes away via taxi.

The reception staff have been generally friendly and I have had no issues with them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back in effort to provide you the level of service you expect from our hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

No free wifi in rooms! Wifi for a room is 18 euro/day! Should be some kind of joke but it is not!
Check the wife accsess before you book. They are trying take the advantage of being close to business center. They know that companies are going to pay it anyway, so why bother to provide free wifi in rooms!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed here for five nights at the end of October for business and found it to be a good hotel. It's difficult to get enthusiastic about a place like the Sheraton Maslak because it's pretty much devoid of personality. The exterior of the hotel is pretty awful but don't be too put off because the inside has clearly had a bit of a refurb. There's a very large lobby with bar and a business area. This business area is the only part of the hotel with free wifi. If you want to have wifi in your room you have to pay extra and the charges are per device, per night. As I had a work laptop, work phone and personal phone this would have cost me an extra 54 Euros per night just for the priviledge of wifi in the room. This kind of thing really annoys me and got me off to a bad start with the hotel!

Reception offered that for 50 Euros a night, I could upgrade to a Club room, which would include all the wifi I wanted, access to the club lounge, 15% off in the restaurant and 3 free items of laundry. I went for this as it was cheaper than getting the wifi. But this made the cheap rate I'd booked turn very comparable with other hotels I could have booked for.

I had a club room on level 22 (room 14) which had a nice-ish view west over the city. It became clear that the hotel was not where I thought it was. Take care when looking at the hotel on google maps, because there is a mistake and it's much further north that it appears. It made the difference between me being able to walk to the office in 5 minutes and having to take a 30min taxi ride. However, as others have mentioned, it's about a 5 minute walk from the Metro and you can get into Taksim from there in 20 mins or so.

Room itself was spacious and quite nicely decorated. The beds are very comfortable, though I know this is completely a matter of taste. Bathrooms are fine, nothing special, with a shower over the bath. I did find the room extremely hot, the windows do open though, so you can get a bit of air.

The club lounge is located in the basement and offers snacks and soft drinks all day. There is also a happy hour between 6pm and 8pm where wine and beer are also available. There is a huge tv down there and dvds to watch if you fancy it. There's also a computer with games on for kids (or big kids) and books, magazines etc. The lounge itself is ok but it's location in the hotel is just awful. It's tucked down by the conference rooms; no windows and you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere. There is a phone down there so you can call for more wine when it runs out!

The only service problem I've had is that I left my phone charger behind at the hotel and despite me getting in contact and my Turkish colleague, they have made no attempt to contact me regarding it. As I phoned an hour after I checked out and have since emailed, I don't think it's too difficult to look for the charger!

Overall, it's an ok hotel. Not the best for tourists, as there's nothing to do in the evening but fine if you're working in Maslak.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for your accommodation need in Istanbul and taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a thoughtful comments.

Through the guidance of your feedbacks we are able to see and eliminate the mistakes in our control mechanism which is the first step towards improvement of our services.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Visit was business trip to corporate office nearby, having lived in Istanbul previously the hotel location is a compromise that works simply as it cuts down travel time to and from business areas nearby, for tourists the location would probably not be practical. Nice and spacious executive room but the bathroom was run down with loose tap fittings, black mold, towel hanger coming off the wall and a bath rail that had been moved so many times the tiles were marked with multiple drill holes. The tv had very poor picture quality and the image kept rolling, something I have not seen for the past 20 years, the sound quality of CNN was very poor. The gym was very good, breakfast was good but very busy in the public area, the executive lounge is in a bunker-like arrangement in the basement where no one goes.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Per S

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We found this to be a good hotel. It was part of a tour of Turkey, staff were good, rooms good meals were fine. It is a fair way out from the centre of Istanbul, however access via the underground is easy, and inexpensive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
sheratonmaslak, General Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest;
First of all, we were so pleased to welcome you and felt great sense of gratefulness that you chose to stay with us.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

With our deepest regards,