“Business trip 4 days”

Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul
Ranked #178 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Just finished a business trip in Istanbul. Had to work in the Maslak area so the hotel is conveniently located but basically that's about it. Had a room on the club floor and had club access. Room was large (upgrade to junior suite) but was a bit outdated and looked dirty. Getting the room temperature down is an issue. The lounge was extremely poor had some food options but most of it was not hot enough or cold. Poor selection of drinks during cocktail hours and there is no permanent staff available to top up wine/beer/coke/water and so on. Definitely not worth the money ! Breakfast in the morning is ok but could be a lot better.
Best thing is the gym. Good equipment and convenient. Opening hours are poor though, no 24 hours access which should be standard in my opinion.

Have to return about 6 times this year to Istanbul but unfortunately will not chose this hotel again.

Room Tip: different hotel maybe?
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Busy_Traveller_1972
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback that you have shared in TripAdvisor following your stay in Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

Again we appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in effort to provide you the level of service you expect from our hotel.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for around 10 days on a business trip.

Overall, a nice hotel. Lots of positives - spacious bar and foyer, good sized rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Would be happy to stay again.
Negatives - well the location is a commercial district with all the charm of a broken leg. I like to get out of the hotel and wander around, but the surrounding area is just awful - not unsafe, but bloody horrible.
I wasn't particularly impressed with bar pices either - 15 Turkish Lire for a small beer that is 5 outside. So not a place to drink beer. (20 in the rooftop bar...)
I was also disappointed with the restaurant. The food was of the 'we are posh so serve very small portions' category. The quality was ok, but I may have starved if I had eaten only in the hotel. There seemed to be very little Turkish food on the menu which is a shame as this is excellent. Actually the menu was rather limited - seemed to be a lot of pasta.
Overall I guess that I wouldnt recommend this hotel unless you are doing business in Maslak - which it so happens that I was....in this case its fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience.

Sheraton Istanbul Maslak is located in a business area which is all global company offices located around. We receive mostly business travelers. Our location is very convenient and the metro is 5 minutes by walking for them. On the other hand our location is near by Bosphorus indeed business plazas with access to city by metro and shopping centers around the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I visited the business area of Maslak for 2 days, and so chose this hotel for its location to our meeting. The hotel is situated opposite the Metro and 10 minutes walk from one of the best shopping malls in town (istinye park), so visiting the beautiful old town is entirely possible. I was really surprised by both the quality of the rooms and I have to say that the gym and spa area is one of the best I have ever seen in a hotel. My only minor gripe is that the Internet would only work with one device and needed constant reregistering. I would stay again, recommended.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear “Best gym”,

We are delighted to receive your positive comments as nothing can be more gratifying than favorable comments from our guests. Your constructive feedback is also much appreciated as your satisfaction and comfort are our first priority and highest mission.
We take great pride in the presentation of our guest rooms and I was glad that you able to enjoy that. I was sorry to hear about the issue you encountered with internet services our IT Manager has taken this feedback on board and will ensure follow up. Please do accept our apologies for this.

I hope to welcome you back on many more occasions and provide you with the finest Turkish hospitality at the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel.

Ulku Kizilkaya
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 6 February 2014

On a short business trip to Istanbul, with the offices in Maslak Mah, so stayed at the Sheraton as only 5 minutes walk. I found the staff very friendly, the room comfortable, and the service in both the restaurant and bar good. The extra cost for wifi I thought was a little steep, bearing in mind how much the room already was, but I did make use of the free internet access in the lobby, which was a nice touch. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the magical city of Istanbul!

We are delighted to receive your positive comments as nothing can be more gratifying than favorable comments from our guests. Your satisfaction and comfort are our first priority.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak in the near future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family 2 nights in that hotel during my trip to Turkey. They upgraded the room becaus they were available. They gave us a very big room with a nice view. Everything was clean and nice. It was new year time and Christmas decorations were still everywhere. We felt like home. Parking was around 20 liras a night. I recommend that place to everyone. Reasonable price.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the magical city of Istanbul.

We hope to welcome you back on many more occasions and provide you with the finest Turkish hospitality at the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Istanbul.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I visit Istanbul quite often and decided to stay at this property due to the proximity to a client. I would rate this hotel around 2-2.5 stars, which is fine, but not worth the 125EUR for the night.

Upon arrival, there was no staff to be found at the front entrance, had to leave my luggage in the taxi and go to the front desk to ask for a bell boy to help with the suit cases. The check-in clerk was efficient but blasé and was perturbed when I asked about my SPG Platinum benefits at the hotel! They have a separate SPG check-in counter which was unmanned.

The rooms are dated, and are in serious need of a renovation. Here is my whine list:)

- The elevators are slow especially during morning and lunch time. Plan ahead as you maybe waiting for a while.

- Not all the rooms have an electronic safe, ask at the front desk what kind of safe is installed in your room, you will need a traditional key if it is not electronic, but they never tell you this upon check-in.

- The thermostat in my room was broken and it was like a sauna!. The guest services solution to the issue was to open the window; which was a big problem as this is smoking hotel, a steady stream of cigarette smoke started wafting through the window. If you're allergic make sure you get a room with a working thermostat.

- Stained linen and towels; The bedsheets and towels were clean (I hope!), but had unsightly stains.

- The mini-bar refrigerator in my room was also broken.

- The daily buffet breakfast is mediocre at best.

- Power would go out almost every night for a few minutes until the generators kick-in

- The Club lounge is located in the basement and quite decent. My only complaint is that the staff starts clearing out the food around 10pm even though the lounge is supposed to remain open until 11pm. Interestingly, it seems like they don't really close it, I was in the lounge until 12:30am one night and no one came around to evict me :)

- The spa and gym get super busy in the early evening

The hotel is located in a business area and has easy access from the highway and is very close to the Metro which is a big plus during rush hour. Other than that this hotel is best avoided; for a little bit more you can stay at the Le Meridien in Etiler or the W, both are beautiful properties and excellent examples of Turkish hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the smoking section if you intend to open your windows. It would probably h...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciates you taking the time to share your feedback form your recent stay.

We were very disappointed to read that you were disappointed with standard of your room. Our guests in room experience are a top priority for us and we would like to apologies that your room did not meet the standard you expected.
We would like to inform you that we have shared the issue with the related department also your complaint has been discussed by the hotel’s management and appropriate action has been taken.
It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer service. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have been staying at the Sheraton Maslak on and off for the last 18 months. The service is always decent and the rooms are are ok. Sometimes they can seem a little dark on the inside but on the whole I am able to put up with it. Why? As my office is a 2min walk away and that is better than the hours in a taxi if the traffic plays up in Istanbul.

Sure there are better hotels but for my needs I have little to complain about.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room away from the nearby construction for a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in effort to provide you the level of service you expect from our hotel.

Kind regards,