“A different Sheraton experience”

Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul
Ranked #178 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

To be honest, my experience at Sheraton Maslak was lower than other Sheraton experiences. Service experience was lower (comparatively), though staff were friendly. Being in a business and tourist location, my expectation from staff to converse in an international language took a hit, as very few of them could understand English. Most of the time I had to resort to the Tarzanian (sign) language to make myself understood, but then this is very common in the whole of Istanbul. The food was good, although limited choice for veggies. Overall a good experience, but with Sheraton brand, the benchmark set at other location was higher than my experience here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rajesh C
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Rajesh C,

Greetings from the magical city of Istanbul!

Thank you very much for your feedback that you have shared in TripAdvisor following your stay in Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

We are delighted to receive your positive comments as nothing can be more gratifying than favorable comments from our guests. Your satisfaction and comfort are our first priority.

I hope to welcome you back on many more occasions and provide you with the finest Turkish hospitality at the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Istanbul.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It's overall ok, but location is far from Hagia Sophia and far from Taksim square. Food is nice , but I have cleanliness 3 as people who work here smell like sweat , so you will be unlucky of you found one in the elevator. And the room wasn't upto my expectations

Cheers
T!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Ttimos,

Thank you very much for your feedback that you have shared in Trip Advisor following your stay in Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

Sheraton Istanbul Maslak is located in a business area which is all global company offices located around. We receive mostly business travelers. Our location is very convenient and the metro is 5 minutes by walking for them. On the other hand our location is near by Bosphorus indeed

We would like to kindly inform you that we have shared the issue with the related department.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel is the worst place despite the beauty of Istanbul
The fridge is not working, breakfast is very minimum variety, Internet SLOW and keeps disconnected, no service at all and food from outside is not allowed !!
So vacation from hell

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear "Khalidgh32",

First of all we would like to thank you for staying at Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

Regarding your review about your stay i would like to kindly inform you that all your review details shared with hotel management and I answered that we do not allow any guest to bring out side cooked food for health safety which is in our policy. And also I would like to share that one of our guest poisoned cause of she had out side food. We all were very upset during her spending night in hospital.

Of course, We thank you for mentioning our Health Club, we are always dedicated to provided enriching experiences to our guests and I am pleased to hear that this has been the case.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

One of the things I like about this hotel, although a bit old is its location. Placed just in front of an underground Metro, it totally eliminated any need for Taxi or car rental.
Another thing I appreciate about this specific Sheraton is the massive GYM they have. I was totally satisfied with the GYM equipments and space.

Room Tip: I cannot remember really well, but my room was on the 20 something floor. It was a great view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Maslak Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Asem A,

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

At first we felt we had 77.000 m2 to ourselves? Later on the hotel came more alive, but still...
Very spacious luxury rooms, great gym and a really nice lobby bar, with good service. We almost didn't eat there, because we didn't want to sit by ourselves.
This is a business hotel in a business area.
However, the metro is very close by. Nice and cool underground system, far more relaxing than a taxi. You can get to downtown Istanbul in about 20 minutes.
Sights by Bosphorus Beach are just 10 minutes away in a taxi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Eilif N ,

Your constructive feedback is also much appreciated as your satisfaction and comfort are our first priority and highest mission.

We hope to welcome you back on many more occasions and provide you with the finest Turkish hospitality at the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Istanbul.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Beware Istanbul Maslak Sheraton is not in a touristy place so if you are a tourist first time in Istanbul and would hardly like to pay to taxis, omit this option. However, as a Turkish resident I know no other place in Istanbul that I can call home other than this. It is peaceful, calm and kind. Extremely helpful staff, large rooms well equipped with free teas&coffee. Great breakfast. Fabulous gym. It's conveniently located near a metro station that will take you to Taksim area within minutes effortlessly. I do recommend this hotel to everyone who knows their whereabouts in Istanbul and are on business trip or leisure with family&friends.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Ebru Taskin ,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in effort to provide you the level of service you expect from our hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The title sums it up. Stay away from the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak. This the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The reception staff and management discriminate against non-Turkish guests. And other issues were:

• The room was not cleaned properly. No towels were in the rooms. I had to call the reception 3 times before they were brought.

• That evening, I tried to order food to the room. I spent half an hour on the phone because the menus in the rooms were wrong and the catering staff had no clue. Each time I spoke to someone at catering on the phone I was told something different. It was appalling service. It was ridiculous.

• Because of this I tried to go to the restaurant, but it was now closed. But the restaurant staff just waved me out and told me to leave the restaurant before I could even speak when I went in there. I can't recollect seen such rudeness to a paying guest. It was highly embarrassing for me in front of other guests.

• When I checked out, I could not believe that the male receptionist left me stood at that reception for 40 minutes, and THEN waved through 5 local people in front of me whilst I stood there. When I raised this with this receptionist he blatantly ignored me. I saw this happening to other gets as well by other staff so this was not an isolated incident. Discrimination. Sheer ignorance.

• to crown it all is the attitude of their utterly useless 'Customer Relations Manager' A manager who prefers to take the easy option and cover up for poor staff behaviour, whilst she sits there at her foyer desk texting on her phone whilst problems (like at the reception) are happening in front of her but who did absolutely nothing.

A complaint was made and al that was received was am email, ' once again we are very sorry',. That was it!

Stay Away from this hotel!

Room Tip: here is a tip to choose a room - stay away and book a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business