Sura Hagia Sophia Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nomade Hotel(Istanbul)
Kybele Hotel(Istanbul)
1,665 results
All reviewshagia sophiablue mosquegrand bazaarguest relationsstar hotelperfect locationspecial thankssteam roomold citythe hotel staffwalking distanceturkeyhouse keepingturkish bathfamily roomamazing hotelhotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had a very nice suprise finding such an oasis in the middle of such a
crowded city as Istanbul. The garden of the hotel is absolutely lovely,
the view from the room was fantastic. Very close to the touristic
attractions. The receptionis very nice and helful, all the staff
welcomed us smiling and helped us with everything we needed. For sure we
will come back at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lavinia G
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Paying a lot to stay here for six nights after reading amazing review. Unfortunately don't think it's worth the 5 star rating.

Minuses
*Service is non-existent. Asked for my room to be cleaned 10 times yesterday and it wasn't. Asked for a robe, to fix my broken hotel phone and some basic necessities today and not sure if it will arrive.
*The walls are really thin and for some reason my room seems to adjoin with a door to next room, you can hear EVERYTHING in next rooms.
*Also the hamam and steam room facilities are under construction so that's out too.
*Breakfast is ok but not spectacular.
*Asked for some rooms for better views but the windows were tiny with not much light so stuck to my adjoining door room which at least has a decent window with light. Corridors a bit dark for my liking and service terrible.
*Rooms numbers/lifts confusing. Had to write my number down as it didn't follow level/room number system ie level (4)02. Had fellow confused travellers barge into my room once.

Pluses
*Hotel itself is beautiful and location brilliant and some fun lolly jars in lobby.
*Mirrors/bathtub are highlight and give a sense of space.
*Really modern funky decor and everything is new and clean.

They do have 4 nights to improve service! Here's hoping they do! I'm room 2304 if you're reading Mr Manager !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank globalnomadsbm
Sura Hotel Y, Guest Relations Manager at Sura Hagia Sophia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to describe your impressions.
We apologize for not having met your expectations and we are constantly working on the highest quality of service.
All those negative points you mentioned about your comments are carefully analysed and confirmed by our management.
We are looking forward to perfectly taking care of you again.
Best wishes from Istanbul,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I spend a two week in this beautiful and cozy hotel. The hotel is located just 1 step behind the Blue Mosque. Great locations with amazing view of the city. Food was delicious and room was very clean and comfortable.
I highly recommend it! The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Great location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located just 1 step behind the Blue Mosque.
The enterance was so nice.
I can see the Aya sophia in the pool.
Very nice room condition.
Nice breakfast.
All 'male' staffs are very kind but every female staff were not so good. The female staffs were never greeting never smile at all. :( that was the only minus thing but anything else, I love here

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelloKH
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We spent a week is this beautiful and cozy hotel. Food was delicious and the room was very clean and comfortable. Great location with amazing view of the city. We highly recommend it. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family