“Perfect location, cool rooms and nice staff”
Review of BVS Lush Hotel

BVS Lush Hotel
Ranked #432 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Me and 8 other girl friends chose Lush for a milestone holiday in Istanbul and it paid off on all counts! The hotel is in a fantastic location, just a few minutes walk from Istiklal Avenue, a very happening street for shopping and Turkish food. each room was different and had a character, The breakfast was ample and the staff very helpful too. The hotel gave us a feel of modern Istanbul while being right alongside traditional aspects of the city. We loved it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Chiara C, Guest Relations Manager at BVS Lush Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear AnuGummaraju,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for your kind words about Lush Hotel. As Lush team, we are extremely happy that you had a pleasant stay.

We would love to host you back on your next trip to İstanbul.

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Not good value for money. We stayed the night before at an amazing value for money hotel in Sultanahmet district in Istanbul (Golden Horn) where the room and food were much higher quality for less money. Climbing a steep flight of stairs to reach a shabby lobby, we were not impressed afterwards with the room or the view. The split AC wasn't very strong, and the room was small even though we upgraded. The whole experience is claustrophobic. The breakfast was less than average, with terrible coffee. I personally wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sam H,

First of all, thank you for your comment about our hotel, your feedback is extremely important for us. We expected that you had better experiences at Lush Hotel, we are sorry about it. Our hotel is a boutique hotel which has 44 rooms that they are totally different from each other. If you inform us about your desires, we could arrange your room with pleasure as you wish. Moreover, we are training and developing ourselves day by day. Therefore, we would like to host you again for your next vacation to Istanbul and you will feel the difference yourself.

Thank you for your comment again, we would like to see you again as Lush Family in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

The hotel is very hip and modern located ideally next to Istiklal kai Taksim square. It has a nice courtyard for breakfast and drinks. The staff was very friendly and willing to assist us with everything. We had booked a luxury double room that had a beautiful balcony (narrow but with a nice view). However, the noise is unbearable especially on Saturday night when all the nearby bars and clubs had loud music. On weekdays, the noise is also heavy due to police cars. The other major difficulty is that the bathroom had no door and was connected with the bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Renalba,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. We are sorry about the noise however our hotel located on the most active part of Istanbul (Istiklal Street), nevertheless we have some other silent rooms, next time when you inform us about noise issue, we would arrange your room according to your desires.

Moreover,I would like to inform you about bathroom door; Lush Hotel is a boutique hotel which has 44 rooms that they are totally different from each other. Your room’s style was a without door one, however if you inform us about it, we would arrange you a different room with pleasure as well.

Thank you for staying at Lush Hotel and we would like to host you again with better memories.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

first time in Istanbul, only 4 nights to spend. luckely I choise the Lush hotel. the hotel is charming,in the perfect spot in Istanbul,the staff very service minded,rooms are great with the extra twist of design,could`nt been better!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annkii p

Dear Annkii P,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment about your stay. You made our day. It is so nice to see that you went back home with good memories.

I would like to thank you once again for your thoughtful feedback.

Warm Regards to Denmark.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

For the last 6 years, I have been staying at various hotels throughout Istanbul. This has been my 4th trip to Istanbul in the last 12 months, and each time, I have stayed at a different hotel in the Taksim area. I chose Lush Hotel, since I was looking for a hotel with a good location that was close to a mini super market and offered in room dining service due to the fact that I had undergone surgery at a major hospital in Turkey. After 4 days at the hospital, I checked into Lush for 5 nites, and was delighted with my little room with wooden floors and a comfortable bed. The decor was all in black and white, good air conditioning, free internet and English TV movies. Bathroom was very clean (that is #1 priority for me is clean sparkling bathrooms), and I was so happy that I could order breakfast, lunch and dinner while I recovered from my surgery - I was ordered to bed rest. The staff was very friendly, and I could just walk across the street to the mini market that sold just about everything including all the types of fruits and juice that I needed to have for my recovery. Room service was excellent, and a variety of food to choose from that I did not really need to leave the room. Breakfast to order was fit for a king - I was impressed. I normally stay across the street on the quiet side of Taksim Square, but this time even though you could hear music and people having a good time in the wee hours of the morning, the noise did not bother me. I really got more bang for my buck due to the inexpensive meals, ideal location, comfortable and clean rooms, and taxi-cabs with running meters that took me back and forth to my various doctor appointments throughout my stay. I plan to go back in 3 months to bring my co-workers, and I definitely will not hesitate to make arrangements at this hotel. Thank you to the staff of Lush Hotel for making my stay a very comfortable, and delightful experience in a unique and trendy hotel! Note: I plan to use their massage spa services on my next trip....

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 4th Floor away from the disco and karaoke music.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DeeAnn18
Chiara C, Guest Relations Manager at BVS Lush Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear DeeAnn18,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback regarding your stay. We were delighted to read it.
It's been always a pleasure for us seeing guests leaving with pleasant memories.
On your next trip to İstanbul; we are more than ready to welcome you back.

Kindest Regards from Lush Hotel Team.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

The staff are friendly and work hard to make sure you are taken care of. The hotel is clean and the rooms are beautiful. The location is excellent. The only problem I faced is tat I arrived early and no room was available before 2 pm. Breakfast is etensive. Dont miss the Turkish yugurt, it is the best in the world. I used the Spa and it was excellent too. They checked me in and stored my luggage for me until a room was available.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I had picked this hotel because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and I can say with confidence that it met my expectations.

I did have a problem with my original room the first day because of a leak in the bathroom, however the staff was quick to accomodate me and they upgraded me to a Deluxe room. The new room was beyond spacious and spotless. The bathroom was also spotless and huge. If you can splurge for the Deluxe room, you will not be disappointed. The decor is contemporary with a trendy shabby chic twist that I really liked.

I prefer staying in Beyonglu when I visit Istanbul since its less touristy, yet very convenient for travellers. The location is great because you are a 2 minute walk to Taksim Square and all of the metro lines that you need. If you hate being taking taxis and being stuck in traffic (like me), this is a MAJOR PLUS. You can get to all of the major sites in under 20 minutes. Also, you are less than 5 minutes walking distance to Iskital Street which has great shopping, restaurants and just about any other store you would need. The location isn't the quietiest, but I didn't have any problems sleeping which is most important.

There is free breakfast included in the restaurant/lounge downstairs and they serve fresh products and great coffee. No complaints.

Lastly, the staff was super nice! Especially one of the concierge, Ergin Akar, who graciously answered my endless questions :).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo