“Great place to stay while exploring Istanbul”
Review of Lush Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lush Hotel
Ranked #451 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at Lush with my friend for 3 nights at the start of Ramadan. Needless to say, we were apprehensive about keeping our reservation here due to all of the protests that had been going on months prior. While we did have a couple situations were we.. you know.. had to outrun crowds fleeing tear gas and water canons... I would not have changed anything about our trip. This hotel is very comfortable, located right by Taksim square and Istiklal street (so much good food.. and buy your souvenirs from street vendors here rather than the Grand Bazaar, I found prices to be much cheaper). The staff was so welcoming and helped us plan our site seeing.

Free breakfast
Free wifi
Located right by the Funicular/Metro, so easy to get to the Sutanahmet

If I ever go back to Istanbul, I would for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top levels!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lush Hotel

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by how close this hotel is to the best pubs/restos, Taksim square, and the metro to take you over to Sultanhamet. Staff is very friendly and the breakfast is better than most buffet style breakfasts. Very cute cafe in back. Rooms are small but designed efficiently and modern.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at Lush Hotel ...the last time I stayed was in May 2012. I have stayed in numerous hotels in Taksim between 2006 and 2013, and this hotel is one that I would recommend to anyone who wants to be near Istiklal and both sides of the Taksim area. It is very close to the speciality shops and restaurants and inexpensive owner owned beauty shops.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, and made me feel welcome. The breakfast was delicious - I was surprised to see how much food they had for breakfast when it is still Ramazan. I prefer not to eat beef or pork, & was very pleased with the variety of fresh fruits, cheese, olives, wheat breads, pancakes, eggs, etc. they served. The maids did a great job in cleaning my room, and giving me fresh towels and clean sheets. I'm grateful that the air conditioner was working well including the WIFI and Television. Keep in mind these are boutique hotels rooms that differ- they had books in the room that were published in 1935 and 1940! Thank you Lush Hotel for a comfortable, safe and wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2013

When we were searching for a good hotel to stay in which would be close to Taxim Square, there were many many offers, and we are glad we chose LUSH HIP HOTEL, Taksim Square, Istanbul, cause it was perfectly placed near a great shopping area, Istikal street, and with some good restaurants and Doner places around it. But the most important reason for me to mention the staff was due their promptness in their services and sometimes even beyond that.....like this incident that would have left a bitter taste with us had they not stepped in and solved it positively for us. My cousin was fooled into entering a bar near the hotel called TORRO BAR, where he was told they had a party area. Since it was his bday and he was looking for a place close by to the hotel (as we had 2 senior citizens with us) to celebrate he went with the person only to be seated on a table when a girl who was introduced as the owners friend, ordered some drink and he was being forced to pay for it. Intimidated by 3-4 men who refused to let him leave without paying the bill and forced him to part with 200 Euros and 100 Liras. He immediately came back to the hotel and complaint to the receptionist Onir, who got the police to come over as this had never happened before to any of their customers before. The police also promptly came over and though they could not speak English like us, they were very helpful, and said my cousin will have to come with them to the station to register a complaint (with the receptionist as only he could speak English). Luckily the security in charge of our hotel went over to Torro and warned them, and informed them that a police compalint will be made if they don't return the money immediately, which they promptly did, and we got the full amount back, which itself was a big big surprise for us!!!
Not only this incident, but Dennis and the other receptionist were always helpful to 1st timers like us who would want bookings or information on any cruise / shows/ car bookings etc. Even when my sister had to be rushed to the hospital, they got the taxi and guided us where to take her.
Thats what one looks for in a good hotel = location / friendly staff/ clean rooms +bathrooms.
Yes, only the breakfast could do with a bit of sprucing up everyday, especially when, like us, one stays for over 7 days.
I would strongly recommend this hotel for its over all performance and placement.

Room Tip: Book rooms on the back of the hotel and on higher floors to avoid traffic sound since its on the roa...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The room was small and not as advertised... really poor. Very dingy and dank.. it was a very uncomfortable experience.

Breakfast was good but the serving staff was not very hospitable.

Location is close to Taksim square but also a bunch of noisy streets and clubs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
lushhip, Guest Relations Manager at Lush Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your feedbacks about our Hotel and services.We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.
We regret to note the problems in your room which are being investigated in detail by related departments and retraining all our staff continiously.
We are aware that attention is one of the the most major points in hotel business. Therefore your valuable comments have been shared with related department heads.
Kind regards,
Aydın Ceylan

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel is diffrent from what i expected .Modern with an artistic touch,cosy . The rooms were so nice ( we had two ) , each of them with a very definit style , they were quite interesting. The staff was wery helpfull , very polite , and they all spoke english very well .the location was all right , and the neighborhoods were great , All i can say is that if i am to come back to Istanbul i would certainlly come to this boutique hotel again and i would recomend it to all my friends willing to visit Istanbul . Great hotel !

Room Tip: Rooms on the south are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Lush Hotel was fantastic, clean, in an amazing location. I advise anyone staying in Istanbul to consider this wonderful hotel.

The breakfast had many choices, from omelettes to a variety of cheeses. The best thing was the freshly squeezed orange juice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple