“not 4* hotel,services low for price payed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lush Hotel Taksim

Lush Hotel Taksim
Ranked #445 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Bucharest, Romania
“not 4* hotel,services low for price payed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

In my country this would have been cathegorized as a 2+ star hotel(the rooms are very small altough there nice furnished,clean and the staff is helpfull;even an amatour that doesn`t know 2 much about renovating can see that the hotel has just been given "a look" and not proper renovated.As you go in the hotel, you are easely hit by a smell of mould combined with parfume....a smell present in all the hotel!!The breakfast buffet is not so impresing either...the food is all cold and meat products don`t taste as they should....they taste as cheap salami full of chemicals.In my last day off sitting in the hotel i whent shopping and i was a bit late to make the rooms reception,but i didn`t think it would be a problem because when i left the hotel in the morning i asked the receptionist to send someone and do it("No problem" he said).At 2 a clock in the afternoon as soon as i stepped in the front office,the same receptionist ,started to shout at me as if i was inferior to him and not the hotel`s client(4 * in Turkey) and to point me to the clock asking"what time is it?Do you know when the reception should have been done?you are not in Romania here!!!......and i was like ...what!??!?!!....(.as far as i know my country is a member of E.U, while Turkey is a loooong wayyy from being received in E.U...look whose talking)."Because you were not here i evacuated your room(me and my sister-2 women) and your baggages are under the stairs,your friend`s room(a man) i could not evacuate because there were things scatered all over the room..."i had to sell the room".I got very mad,because neither he ,nor the hotel personell had any right to touch my things ,yet alone to putt in bags some of the things i specially left on the bed to take with me on the plane.I felt my right to intimacy was brutally violated!!! I whent upstairs with a hotel staff member to check the minibar.We first entered the room were our friend stayed and the receptionist said there were things scatered....Surprise!!...His room was clean and his bag was made ,nothing scatered ...exactly like he told me in the morning when we left to go shopping.Furious i got out of the room and went to the room me and my sister stayed in.I knocked on the door,to see if the room was really occupied by someone else like the receptionist sayd...Surprise again..Behing me quickly came the guy who checked the minibar and opened the door to check my minibar 2.I entered and i was shocked!!Not even the bed sheets were changed,a can of cola opened i left on the table was still there...so he had to throw out of the room my bags because other clients had to stay there,but no sight of new clients,not even the room cleaned...2 houers after my bags were evacuated..hmmmm..It was just the receptionists who felt he was powerfull enaugh to do as he pleases or maybe he was just a [--] misogynist.So we made a scandal he won`t forget any time soon.He wanted to force us to pay another half day for 2 cameras and showed me a invoice(computer writen by him :))))..My country has many defects and services not always good,but this has NEVER happened to me back home and also, invoices are writen on special papers marked by the national government and in 2 copies, not by the emiter in Word =)). All this time he was shouting at us;we tryed to calm him but nothing,he wouldn`t even let us speeck....so i took the invoice and made it pieces in front of him...he HIT me with his hands when he pulled what was left of the invoice out of my heands...I asked the nr of customer protection in Turkey but of course i did not get it....it did not matter that they are force by law to give it to you if you ask for it. All of this was happening at my expence because in one houer my plane was taking off.Extremely mad, because me,nothing else than a woman permited herself to speeck to him like that....offended to his heart,he called the police...that wasn`t a problem,i was glad he did it because i knew he wasn`t wright and would have been no problem for me to press charges for violation of privacy,violent language and behavior and also for them to pay my flight tickets ....when he heard this he calmed....1500Euro comming out of his pocket was not such a bright image for him.So we left! Now i want to contact customer protection in Turkey and i am not going to stop untill my story will be read by everyone.In the end ...this made a beautifull weekend into a terriblle experience and changed my opinion about this country 360 degrees...they like to call themselves europeans that have no prejudices,a free country very far from the near and extreme orient`s sphere.The lack of education and there barbarian history is very present!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank AndraGrosu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2008

Great bed and decor. Room was as nice as the photo on the website. I think the room was the cleanest I've ever stayed in anywhere. Restaurant's food was top-notch. We didn't experience noise problems like other reviewers have mentioned. This may be because our room was on the back side of the hotel. We had some challenges with the front desk staff and lack of follow-through, but overall we were pleased.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)