“Go for the location”

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
“Go for the location”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Excellent location at walking distance to the 3 major attractions as detailed by previous reviewers. The room is not as luxurious as a hotel like Sheraton, but you are not in istanbul to stay in a room.
What you need from a tourist hotel in this city, you will get: excellent air conditioning, clean, excellent breakfast, comfy room, a safe place, excellent concierge service (the best I have experienced as a frequent traveller).
Side note: there's a good Irish pub next to the Gulhane station a couple of steps from the hotel that shows all the football matches you can see with an updated list of matches posted at the door.

• Stayed February 2013
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Owner of the Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Breakfast, lovely. Hotel, classy. Prices, reasonable. BUT, the staff makes this hotel a must stay. We were taken in and treated with all the kindness, care, tenderness, friendliness, and attentiveness that you might get at the finest hotels in the word. The difference at Sirkeci Konak is that the service is palpably warm, authentic, and overwhelmingly "real". These folks are not just doing their job, but you get the feeling that they actually do care about you. Example: when my wife needed a haircut, the staff not only made the appointment, they stayed with her at the salon and did all the translating, just to make sure she got exactly what she wanted. Also, a friend was flying in to visit us, and although they were fully booked, they found her a room right around the corner. They invited our friend on all the excursions, and allowed her to use the facilities free of charge. Bottle of wine and a rose on Valentine's Day, a parting gift of Turkish delight. Here's the kicker: 7 of the staff from the front desk, breakfast room, and even the kitchen walked us to the door of the hotel, waving, hugging, and wishing us well. One staff met us on the street coming in for his shift, and took the time to stop and chat and wished us well. Classy joint.

Room Tip: All rooms are fab because the street is closed to vehicles at night.
My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best. Everyone sends you their regards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) for further suggestions,or if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

Croston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed for four nights for a Valentine's Break with my wife. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and willing to help - always with a smile. It's the little things where the hotel goes the extra mile to keep you smiling such as Turkish Delight and bottled water refreshed daily in your room. Bed comfy and bathroom clean and tidy with a great shower too!
The hotel offers a range of free extra's which are great too - cook with the chef, wine & cheese tasting and a walking tour off the tourist beaten-track: all free and done with humour and a smile. Hotel reception staff even helped me with a fiddly booking for the restaurant on Maiden's Tower island plus readily provided directions (via tram and boat) to get there!
All-in-all, this is a place I would heartily recommend to all - great job guys; you thoroughly deserve a five star rating!!!

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Reviewed 16 February 2013

What a pleasure it was to spend 11 nights at the Sirkeci Konak Hotel. We are a family of four and shared two connecting rooms, December 27,2012-January 6,2013. The staff is courteous, friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and well appointed.The beds are very comfortable. A special greeting of a hand written letter from the manager and Turkish Delights await you in your room upon arrival. We took advantage every morning of the delicious breakfast buffet before heading out for the day. The location is perfect, and is an easy walk to all the must-see Sultanahmet historic sites in the district. Public transportation is near-by, as well as many local shops and restaurants. Tea awaits you in the sitting area of the lobby in the afternoons. We had a lovely New Years Eve celebration on the roof top with other guests and the staff served champagne as we watched the fireworks in the distance.As we departed the last morning all of the head staff came out,gave us gifts and said their farewells! Thank you to all at the Sirkeci Konak Hote ! Absolutely no complaints ~ it is a terrific boutique hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Spent 5 nights in Sirkeci Konak Hotel in January and couldn't fault the service. They went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay including free tours, and activities to expose us to Turkish culture.

Unfortunately I picked some kind of flu bug on the flight to Istanbul and spent a few days in bed at the hotel but when they learned I wasn't feeling well they sent up special local herbal teas as well as some cold/flu medicine to my room (no charge) to help make me more comfortable.

There was some building work going on in the hotel during the day and I casually asked the front desk how long it would go on for. They immediately apologised, made a quick phone call and the building noise stopped within a couple of minutes (almost felt guilty for mentioning it!).

I can thoroughly recommend the walking tour by Mr Agah Okay Alkan as this was very interesting and amazingly free of charge. The hotel location is also ideal for all the tourist sites in the old part of town.

I have stayed at bigger and more luxurious hotels in the past, but never one with such genuine good customer service. Well done guys. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Top_Gun_Prague

Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This is the place to experience Turkish hospitality, great friendly and helpful staff with great ambiance.
With help from Agah and his crew you can explore real historic Istanbul along with locals and of course walking distance to explore history. They go above and beyond making sure you enjoy your stay.

4 Thank Mr_M0
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Asia
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We are just finishing up a week stay here and highly recommend this boutique hotel:

- great location 15 minutes walk from all the sites
- very helpful staff who provide personalizes service
- very good breakfast with lots of healthy options
- decent fitness facility considering this is not a big hotel
- rooms are fantastic
- rates are VERY competitive - we compared with other highly recommended properties and Konak beat them all

We are off to Cappadocia and will return to Istanbul for 3 nights next week and will be staying at Konak again.

4 Thank Inukshukasia