“Amazing”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #3 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My wife, and I had the absolutely most wonderful stay at this amazing hotel last weekend. We only wish we could have stayed longer!!!

From the moment we arrived, the staff made us feel so special - from the welcome drink we were offered in your lounge area, to the amazing job they did on the special occasion package, to the incredible Turkish baths and massages for the 2 of us, to the delicious dinner with a spectacular view atop your scenic rooftop restaurant, to the staff member greeting us at dinner, to the unexpected anniversary cake for dessert, to the bountiful breakfast buffet, to the 2 hotel doormen smiling and waving goodbye to us as we departed to the airport in a minivan hired by the hotel, absolutely every aspect of our stay at the Sirkeci Konak Hotel was a perfect A+.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jane S
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Mentality of the best hospitality is totally fitting to that hotel !
The location of Sirkeci Konak Hotel is at the best point of the old city. It's just at the Gulhane tram station, you are not walking more than 20 secs. following the tracks down we reach Eminonu, and up, Gulhane Park and Archeology museum, Blue Mosque, Topkapı Palace and Hagia Sophia.
It's amazingly clean hotel and we love the cuisine! At the top of the hotel, Neyzade Restaurant is serving Ottoman Cuisine, delicious!
And the staff comletely helpful about every single thing...
Thank you for Sirkeci Konak Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank syjournals

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very nice hotel. Clean, comfortable, new, and in good location with a tram stop 1 minute walk away. Breakfast was good but nothing out of the ordinary. The staff was welcoming and we were greeted with Turkish apple tea.

The pool, sauna, and Turkish bath located in the hotel basement were really nice and it was ideal for relaxation after a long day walking around town.

Two elevators service the hotel. WiFi is available, althought coverage was spoty in our room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank scompas
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

What a wonderful experience. I want to return to Istanbul just to stay at Sirkeci Konak. We stayed for five days in May and from start to finish everything was perfect. The staff make you feel like an old friend and nothing was too much trouble. A really special experience. We want to thank Okay (Agah Okay Alkan) for the informative and fun few hours we spent with him doing the Taste of Lifestyle on the Golden Horn experience. We also did the Local Wine Tasting with a selection of Turkish Cheese this was a wonderful way to be introduced to Turkish Culture. Make sure to book in for these before you leave home. The hotel is perfectly located to visit all the lovely areas of the old city and the staff are only to happy to answer your questions and advise on what to visit and where to eat. This hotel deserves a six star rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lorray49

My Dear Guest;

I cannot tell how wonderful it is to read your review. Thank you very much for honoring us with your kind comments and becoming a part of our success.

I hope to see you again in Istanbul with us.

Kind Regards
Faruk Boyaci -
The owner of Sirkeci Group

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I visited istanbul for the very first time. We stayed at sirkeci Konak for 3 days. It is situated within the heart of the old town, within walking distance from all the major attractions. The rooms were comfortable and good sized. We asked for a balcony facing the gardens. The breakfast was excellent. The hotel staff were extremely caring and looked after us well. We enjoyed the kind hospitality, the lovely hotel and the beautiful city

Room Tip: High rooms with balcony facing the garden
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Reviewed 29 July 2013

For our stay in Istanbul (after sea cruise) our family choose the Sirkeci Konak hotel. We were choosing a good and well-situated hotel for several days (by internet). And we were right for 200% to stay in Sirkeci Konak! Perfect-situated (10 minutes walk to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque), very clean, stilish, with ideal service, hamam (turkish bath), swiming pool, free Wi-Fi! Thank you, thak you, thank you! We will come back to Istambul! And we wil come back to Sirkeci Konak hotel for sure!

Room Tip: Don't forget to go to Hamam and swiming pool (minus 2 floor)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Reviewed 29 July 2013

From the moment you book, the staff start looking after you, providing a guest website where you can book meals, tours, spa treatments (we didn't use it, hence 3 stars - judging by everything else, I'm sure it will be excellent). Any questions are quickly and fully answered.

Without repeating every other review on this hotel (unbelievable service, clean and comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast buffet (until 11am!), roof terrace and restaurant with lovely views), our stay was summed up by several things:

A member of staff brought us through to the salon upon our arrival, offered a complimentary drink and then went through our trip (in as much detail as we wished) to make sure everything was ready for us - including arranging a guided tour, dinner reservations, etc. We never felt pushed into anything, just presented with options, each of which turned out to be a great idea.

On the desk in the room, we found a note from the hotelier welcoming us and explaining that we should feel like we are guests in his own home and that nothing should be too much trouble - nothing was.

The location is perfect - just 5 minutes from the bustle of the tourist centre around Sultanahmet - peace and quiet in a hectic city.

The hotel offers complimentary cultural experiences. We enjoyed a cooking experience with the head chef and 4 other guests. There was also a tour and wine tasting, among others. It was an added bonus during our stay and really made us feel like valued guests.

We honestly did not want to leave our hosts. The sooner we can arrange another visit, the better. Why anyone would spend more on one of the big hotels, miles from the old city, I don't know.

Make sure you visit Istanbul and make sure you stay at Sirkeci Konak, you will not be disappointed.

Also, if you are visiting Istanbul on the tourist trail make sure you come during Ramadan - the sights, sounds and atmosphere of thousands of people breaking the fast together will stay with us forever.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

My Dear Guest;

I am Faruk Boyacı, the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion.

Thank you again. Everyone sends you their regards Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) ,if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

The Owner of Sirkeci Group