Sirkeci Mansion
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Pool
3,089 results
All reviewsgulhane parktopkapi palaceturkish delightculinary tourtram stopturkish bathblue mosquefree dinnerold cityturkeywithin walking distancethe hotel staffquiet streetguest relationsdeluxe roommajor sitesspice market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Truly, you can't beat the location. Get a top floor room on the park so you can watch the traffic at the shops on the street below and down into the park beyond the ancient walls. Our room was generously enough sized - a comfortable square (though the first room they tried to put us in was not what we had reserved and was quite narrow). The bathroom, though, was tiny and awkward. It was really too small to get dressed in, no where to conveniently store and access toiletries. If we were to stay here again, we would spring for the deluxe room with the balcony, which I would assume has not only a larger room but also a larger bathroom. The staff is the thing here. They're really wonderful. The concierge very useful. They will gladly call a cab and insure that the driver knows exactly where to go (not many cab drivers speak English.), book a side trip, or make restaurant reservations. It's a small hotel and very personable. Also, don't miss visiting the hamam in the basement. It's co-ed and you must wear a bathing suit or pestemal, but its a godsend after a day of tromping the city streets. (We didn't use the spa services, just went self-serve.) It's refreshing to go in the pool after the hamam or sauna. Also, the rooftop restaurant is fantastic. We had one of the best meals of our visit there.The breakfast, however, is below average. The same selection every day. The breads seemed stale. The scrambled eggs like any steam table eggs. The other hot offerings, ditto. There is cereal, meats, cheeses, olives, halva, etc. The thing we enjoyed most was the fruit since it was watermelon season and Turkish watermelon is amazing. We like this hotel, but didn't love it so much that we'd stay again next visit.

Room Tip: Book via the Web site for free transportation from the airport (depending on length of visit) and a free meal at the restaurant. Get a top floor room overlooking the park.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DawnousAtl
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

My Dear Guest;

I am Faruk Boyacı, the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. We definitely take any comments into consideration and take immediate action for better.

Thank you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) ,if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

The Owner of Sirkeci Group

Reviewed 13 August 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel very welcome. A personalised concierge service is one of the main attractions which makes you feel very well looked after and helps ease your trip, especially if time is tight, which it was for us. I heard breakfast was good (heard because I was fasting for Ramadhan for which the kitchen prepared me a Sahur plate with no fuss) and there was also an afternoon tea which my family welcomed as a pit stop.
Room was beautiful, well appointed with comfortable beds.
Location is very convenient.
Overall, a great stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tafster

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Very user friendly; even to the point of providing tram tokens in reception. The location was awesome, ten mins walk to 4 of Istanbul's major attractions. Great rooftop bar and basement Turkish bath rounded out the experience . Personalised service and great breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank WKoopmans
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak/Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Sirkeci Konak has got hospitality right in every way, they were certainly there to make our holiday the best in every way. The staff, at all times, were friendly, helpful and knowledgable, welcoming us into the culture, history and activities that make up this wonderful city. Our holiday began in this wonderful hotel, for 5 nights, if I could only be jettisoned back. Sirkeci Konak was perfect in every way from the clean rooms, varied breakfasts, ideal location, extremely helpful and informative staff, added guided walks and cooking class. We are so glad we involved ourselves in their informative walks, expertly guided by Okay, what a treasure. This hotel works hard to make a tourists life excellent in every way, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in every way at Sirkeci Konak. Thank you so much for the gift of Turkish Delight, a lovely surprise departure gift.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SueJamesLily
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Sirkeci Konak Hotel multiple times recently as we traveled in and out of Istanbul. The hotel is very nice, the rooms and bathrooms are clean and tastefully decorated. The staff is very helpful and gracious to a person. We had reserved a triple room but asked if instead we could have connecting rooms and were immediately accomodated. The pool in the basement is very small but quite refreshing as is the Turkish bath. The location is excellent, close to the Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque but on a quiet street away from the crowds. When we left for the last time several staff members stood out on the door step and waved us off. I am a frequent international traveler and can recommend the Sirkeci Konak without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important to me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. Reading your review is a great motivator and lead us to continue with desire and passion.

Hope to see you again! Anything from Istanbul, just let me know.

Faruk Boyaci