“Beyond my Expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #6 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
“Beyond my Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have been travelling around the world for 20 years and tried hundreds of 4 and 5 star hotels, but this was definitely the best hotel experience I have ever lived.
On top of the excellent service, the amazing food (breakfast and dinner on the terrace), the spotless cleanliness, the ideal localtion, it's a true pleasure to see a hotel staff so passionate about their job in such a joyful atmosphere. This is the first review that I write on TA because this is the first time that I feel that this is a minimum that I should do to thank them for their hospitality.
A special thanks to Sukru who has always exceeded my expectations and has made my family's well being a personal commitment!
Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank taoufikou
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak/Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Faruk Boyacı
Sirkeci Group Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Maputo, Maputo, Mozambique
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We tried out this hotel based on the reviews and it proved to be the right decision. It was our first time in Istanbul so we were unfamiliar with the city lay out and the hotel location. I admit that I was under the impression Konak was a bigger busier hotel, so I was surprised when we slipped into a smaller hotel but in the end I found this to be a major plus. The staff get to know you, you have this sense of coming home after long days of walking around the old city. The hamam and the sauna are a treat, the deck on the roof is wonderful, and the food was fantastic! We would love to come back!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The only downside to our stay was the very small "standard" room we had reserved. Though clean, with a comfortable bed, there was no place to store luggage or drawers to keep clothing and other items.

Rooftop dining in the evening was lovely and the buffet breakfast was ample and delicious. The staff was polite, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Far in advance, we reserved a "Standard room", which was probably a mistake. Though very...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a lovey small hotel, with a perfect setting. Most streets in Istanbul resemble Rome or New York; you cannot escape the noise of scooters, trucks, hawkers, etc. This Sirkeci is set on a street of vendors, with literally no traffic, opposite the tranquil Gulhane Gardens, where you can stroll in peace, away from the hectic city. The reception is warm, efficient, knowledgeable, and gracious. They will do anything for you; I booked for, among other reasons, the fitness room, rare in Istanbul, only to arrrive to find it shuttered due to a water leak. When i expressed my unhappiness, they brought in workers nearly full time to get it ready in 24 hours (I was originally told three days). The rooms are comfortable, though not large. There is a bathroom issue, where the people in the next room sound like they are in the tub with you. You can hear them clearling their throat, among other things (if you know what I mean). The breakfast is typically over the top Turkish, and very generous. The hotel is within 15 minutes walking distance of all the major sites, and the Gullhane tram station is two minutes away. The issue is that for a lovely and charming small hotel, you pay $275 for an entry level room. That is not cheap by Turkish standards. If money is an issue, I would shop around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Gulhane Garden side. It overlooks the street, but you hear nothing.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nefelokokigia
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Beautiful Hotel tucked away, but very accessible to all local attractions in the Old City. All the staff were very friendly and approachable for anything. Free activities were on offer nearly every day including walking tours, foodie experience with the Chef, wine tasting and also included an airport pickup depending on how many days you stayed. Morning breakfast was excellent and the Rooftop Restaurant view well........ amazing!! Would recommend this place for sure and we'll be back

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a great 3 night stay at the Sirkeci Konak Hotel. It is really well located and just steps from the tram and walking distance to many of the old city highlights. Even though it's so close to the action it was very quiet and peaceful inside.
On of the best things about the hotel are the staff - the service was extremely friendly and helpful. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a great stay at the hotel and a great time in Istanbul. They made some great restaurant recommendations as well.
We did one of the complimentary cooking courses which was fun and didn't have time to do a free tour. Book through the hotel site and you get complimentary transport from the airport to the hotel which was a nice touch.
Our room was very comfortable, with sedate furnishings and with a view across to park grounds. The roof top terrace has a great view.
I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Faruk Boyacı
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My family and I just got back from Turkey and we stayed in the Sirkeci Konak hotel. We had an amazing time. The hotel is very clean; kids friendly and offers great open buffet breakfast.The restaurant on the roof is very romantic. The staff are friendly; helpful and thoughtful. They go above and beyond to help. The location of the hotel is great.. walking distance to most of the famous hestorical places, few steps to shops, restaurants, and tram station. It is worth every penny! Thank you Sirkeci Konak

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family