“Amazing Hotel with the Special Touch”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #5 of 1,176 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had a fantastic three-night stay at Sirkeci Konak Hotel -- right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Istanbul's tourist attractions. Aside from being an excellent location, the rooms are immaculately clean, warm and welcoming, and have all the special touches from real flowers to a welcoming tray of delicious Turkish Delights. The staff is amazing -- so nice and always wanting to please. And be sure not toe miss their excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments. It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay at our hotel. Everyone sends you their regards.

Sirkeci Group Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (3,065)

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Small intimate hotel with the most helpful staff I have ever come across. Without a doubt this was a fantastic experience. We were made to feel so welcome, the staffs were exceptional (particular thanks to Agah Okay for his generosity of spirit, knowledge and pride in his culture and heritage) and the accommodation and facilities were wonderful. I will certainly come back and will recommend Sirkeci Konak to my friends and family. There are so many extras included if you want to participate and as we stayed 5 nights we were fortunate to be able to experience this. The standard rooms are a little small but certainly not excessively so. We were fortunate enough to be give an upgrade and I believe this isn’t unusually, just ask, I would think because we stayed 5 nights it would have been a factor in getting an upgrade. Restaurant is lovely and really worth at least one visit. Thank you for making our visit to Istanbul so memorable.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony overlooking the park would be perfect, these are not standard room so would be m...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak/Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was in Istanbul in January with my family. Actually I wanted to stay at Sirkeci Orient Express but because of some technical problems there I stayed at Sirkeci Konak. It is very good hotel with nice restaurant. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed my stay here and I would like to come back next time I am in Istanbul.

Andey Gerasimov

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have been travelling around the world for 20 years and tried hundreds of 4 and 5 star hotels, but this was definitely the best hotel experience I have ever lived.
On top of the excellent service, the amazing food (breakfast and dinner on the terrace), the spotless cleanliness, the ideal localtion, it's a true pleasure to see a hotel staff so passionate about their job in such a joyful atmosphere. This is the first review that I write on TA because this is the first time that I feel that this is a minimum that I should do to thank them for their hospitality.
A special thanks to Sukru who has always exceeded my expectations and has made my family's well being a personal commitment!
Thanks again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank taoufikou

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We tried out this hotel based on the reviews and it proved to be the right decision. It was our first time in Istanbul so we were unfamiliar with the city lay out and the hotel location. I admit that I was under the impression Konak was a bigger busier hotel, so I was surprised when we slipped into a smaller hotel but in the end I found this to be a major plus. The staff get to know you, you have this sense of coming home after long days of walking around the old city. The hamam and the sauna are a treat, the deck on the roof is wonderful, and the food was fantastic! We would love to come back!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The only downside to our stay was the very small "standard" room we had reserved. Though clean, with a comfortable bed, there was no place to store luggage or drawers to keep clothing and other items.

Rooftop dining in the evening was lovely and the buffet breakfast was ample and delicious. The staff was polite, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Far in advance, we reserved a "Standard room", which was probably a mistake. Though very...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a lovey small hotel, with a perfect setting. Most streets in Istanbul resemble Rome or New York; you cannot escape the noise of scooters, trucks, hawkers, etc. This Sirkeci is set on a street of vendors, with literally no traffic, opposite the tranquil Gulhane Gardens, where you can stroll in peace, away from the hectic city. The reception is warm, efficient, knowledgeable, and gracious. They will do anything for you; I booked for, among other reasons, the fitness room, rare in Istanbul, only to arrrive to find it shuttered due to a water leak. When i expressed my unhappiness, they brought in workers nearly full time to get it ready in 24 hours (I was originally told three days). The rooms are comfortable, though not large. There is a bathroom issue, where the people in the next room sound like they are in the tub with you. You can hear them clearling their throat, among other things (if you know what I mean). The breakfast is typically over the top Turkish, and very generous. The hotel is within 15 minutes walking distance of all the major sites, and the Gullhane tram station is two minutes away. The issue is that for a lovely and charming small hotel, you pay $275 for an entry level room. That is not cheap by Turkish standards. If money is an issue, I would shop around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Gulhane Garden side. It overlooks the street, but you hear nothing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nefelokokigia
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013