Sirkeci Mansion
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Pool
3,088 results
All reviewsgulhane parktopkapi palaceturkish delightculinary tourtram stopturkish bathblue mosquefree dinnerold cityturkeywithin walking distancethe hotel staffquiet streetguest relationsdeluxe roommajor sitesspice market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2013

From the minute that you check in they staff could not have been more helpful. Very nice hotel, in a great location for visiting the major sites and close to the tram line. Wonderful breakfasts. Decent size room with good plumbing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Our guests reviews are quite important to us. Thank you for the comments that will make us serve better and in the future meet more expectations of our guests.

If you may make your way to Istanbul or Turkey one day, we would be glad to assist you in anyway.

If there is anything you would like to share with me, you may contact me via faruk@istanbul.com

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I agree with previous reviews to the extent this hotel is well-located, clean and a good value. And it's a great choice as long as you don't expect or want a fancy, world-class hotel or anything close to the style and comfort of, say, the Four Seasons or Sumahan on the Water. The lobby is small and a tad worn. Only the few rooms on the top floor have a view to speak of. That said, I'm glad we picked this hotel for our first two nights in Istanbul--it's close walking distance to the major sites; the staff is exceptionally helpful in giving tips on where to go; and if you prefer to eat dinner across the Golden Horn as we did, many good places (like Lokanta Maya) are no more than 15-20 minutes easy walk. For these reasons, I'd stay there again in similar circumstances.

Room Tip: top floor has views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bouchee

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

If you may mke your way to Istanbul or Turkey, we would be glad to assist you in anyway.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Definetelly worth to book this hotel: starting from the front desk service, to room, breakfast and roof restaurant. Service is exceptional. Location is very close to the tram station. From airport is very easy and cheap to reach using public transportation: take the metro from the airport and transfer to tram in zeytinburnu than gett off gulhane. From here is 1 minute walking. Very close to the main atraction: Blue Mosque, Hagia sofia, Topkapi palace, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar, Spicy bazaar, Galata Bridge and even galata Tower. All of those can be visited just walking.
I do recommend Istanbul card: can be used just one card by many people, discounts starting the second person using it. Can be used to the ferry also- visit Asia. Ferry station: Kabatas, Eminonu (near Galata bridge).
Close to the hotel many restaurants, but I recommend the roof restaurant, some of the prices are better than in the city and the service is exceptional. Also close to the hotel heading Galata Bridge on the right side you should try a special pie with ayran. Under galata bridge to not hesitate to try a balik elmek- fish inside bread a turkish speciality and definetelly try a turkish coffee.
Credit cards can be used in many places, even at Topkapi, Hagia Sofia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Sirkeci Konak and this hotel is exceptional. Everything from the comfortable bed to the friendly staff at the lobby restaurant were very impressive. They seemed to know in advance of everything I would need before I knew myself. The breakfast buffet was extensive and tasty. Being a frequent traveller I can confidently say that this is the best hotel that I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. Thank you Sirkeci Konak.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Location, Service, Attitude: all that we required and got. We shall recommend it to our friends and, if we return to Istanbul, will most certainly stay here. A BIG thank you to every one who made this such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Our allocated room was not what we expected. We advised the management who gave us a few choices without any fuss and we found exactly what we wanted.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple