“Perfect Hotel in a GREAT Location”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My family and I had a chance to visit Istanbul and we reached out to friends and colleagues and several recommended Sirkeci Mansion. Excellent staff, management, & location. Could not have asked for anything more. The front desk was very helpful in planning and assisting us in our every need.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric J
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Perhaps the best part of my recent trip to Istanbul was coming home to the Sirkeci. It had been a long two years since my last visit, but, I was greeted warmly by familiar staff. I had asked for a room with a walk-in shower, and got Room 1102, a handicapped accessible room, which met my needs perfectly.

The bed was wonderful...firm, but not hard. A choice of pillows, and the lightest comforter imaginable. And, the ability to turn the heating controls on or off, to your preference. The windows also open letting in fresh air. Not always the case in some hotels. Over time, the toiletries have been upgraded, now the hotel offers herbal-scented soaps.

The staff is friendly, but not hovering, even though they knew me from previous visits. They now can obtain Istanbulcarts - transit passes - and museum tickets for you on short notice. (No more standing in line at Aya Sofya!)
The breakfast buffet was fresh, with varied dishes, with both Turkish and other dishes available. I don't know the name of the bread, but, it looks like a Cinnabon roll, with olive paste inside. Admittedly, I ate two each time it was offered.
The hotel is small, but, meets all my needs, including that of a convenient location. The street is now full of inviting shops, each offering the visitor a very different product than the spare car parts of five years ago.

It wouldn't be a trip to Istanbul for me without staying here. I overheard a woman at a nearby table at breakfast one morning say to her companion..."I really don't want to leave this hotel."

I completely understood.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank catwoman6

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by a good friend. Good rooms,warm welcome, efficient staff and great food. The location is fairly quiet too.

For most competitive rates 1st week in December is pretty good though weather is a little on the cold side with the expectation of snow.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris G

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was traveling with a coworker who turned out to be so negative that it was hard to enjoy anything. When we arrived in Istanbul at midnight, I explained the situation to the staff at this hotel group & asked to get a room alone at their sister hotel (a budget hotel). They said they understood & would help me have an enjoyable stay in Istanbul. The booked me into this hotel which is thier best hotel & gave me the rate for the budget hotel. The stay was to be for 3-days. I enjoyed the hotel & staff so much, I stayed for 8-days!! I loved the location for it's atmosphere (the old part of the city) & 1 block from the tram that takes you everywhere a tourist would want to go. The second day here was my birthday. They had a birthday cake ready for me when I came in from sightseeing & celebrated my birthday with the other guests at the afternoon tea service. Additionally, the staff takes the guests on walking tours to show you the history and culture of their city. I went on a food tour throught the spice market & ate an assortment of traditional turkish food. We finished the walk up with a stop at a pastry shop for dessert & tea. If you ever travel to Istanbul, this should be your home.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Craig707

Reviewed 5 December 2013

warm welcome and nice stay with nice location with enjoyable staff. really it was perfect stay in Istanbul the hotel was very clean also the reception and the welcome drink and the tea time rest
and the breakfast very delicious there is a turkish bath with sona a swimming pool you can see from the balcony of your room gulhane park after all we got a nice present turkish delight (loukoum) . the hotel location is next to gulhane station and gulhane park very close to topkapi palace and also a 5 minutes walk to aya sofia and blue mosque and cictern basilica and 15 minutes walk to grand bazaar .if you want you can walk to egyptian bazaar and sirkeci station to take ferry or go to princess island or bosphore tour

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank aboushim

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here last year and it was as good, if not even better. We were greeted like old friends and remembered by many of the staff. I mentioned that they were not serving the little bagel sandwiches as they had done before, so Agah (the General Manager, although he calls himself something less) made sure they were during our entire stay. He apologized as we could not be upgraded for the first 4 of our 9 night stay, but we were for the last part (our upgraded room was incredible!). The normal room, a bit small, is very clean and comfortable. We did hear some tram noise but put on the fan and that was mitigated. Agah led several of the free non- touristy walking tours- you must take them. They are marvelous and Agah is a great "tour leader."
Last year I mentioned the eggs were runny at breakfast but that was not true this year. In addition to so much to eat for breakfast, they always had four different hot dishes and all of them, especially the stuffed mushrooms and tomatoes were delicious. The breads and sweets, the sliced meat, the fresh oranges, etc., were outstanding!
This hotel is located 50 feet from the tram but we walked virtually everywhere. This city is great for walking and the people are great! Service at this hotel is off the chart. Don't even bother to look at any place else to stay while in this great city, stay here. I even met the owner and thanked him for his outstanding staff and the impeccable service. Everyone here was helpful, friendly and efficient. One night I needed to thread a needle and the young lady on the staff did this for me. Ice and more bottled water were always available. Anything you want (within reason), they will provide to you. Staying at the Sirkeci Konak Hotel is a truly outstandging expereince in itself! Thanks to everyone, all the staff, and especially to Samet and Agah! We will be returning to say here, no question about it, plus we absolutely love Istanbul!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markjoe

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a boutique hotel right next to the Gulhane park. In addition to having a prime location (we could look into the park from the balcony of our room), the hotel offers great tourist activities. We enjoyed the Turkish cooking lesson offered in the restaurant, and were impressed by the walking tour of Istanbul that was offered by one of the staff members (without additional charge). In a city where one can feel constantly being ripped-off, we felt we got our money's worth (and more) here. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family