“Good all-rounder”

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here for NYE 2013. The good stuff:

- friendly, informative staff
- AMAZINGLY comfortable beds
- good location to visit the old city
- great place to relax

Other stuff:
The price seems pretty high compared to an American hotel of the same type but that's probably due to the location. The breakfast was okay and had everything you need.

Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

If you may have any further suggestions to make our service even better, please feel free to contact me directly via faruk@istanbul.com

Owner of the Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Good location, away from bustle but walking distance from all Sultanahmet sights, we had a quality room on top floor facing the park, with impressive balcony. Attentive but discreet service from all staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east (towards the park) are quieter due to tram route on west side. Taxi drivers and lo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Rockport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I found this hotel based on reviews and I thank you, fellow travelers! The Sirkeci Mansion has the best staff I've ever met in my travels, great location, beautiful rooms, the most delicious breakfast, and a fabulous atmosphere. I only regret not staying longer! I am writing this review months after my visit, now that I realize I'm comparing all other hotels to the Sirkeci Mansion and nowhere else lives up to it. Off season, I booked a single room and was upgraded to Deluxe at no charge. I felt welcomed from the moment I stepped in. All staff were polite and helpful, but not intrusive. My room was gorgeous, a perfect mixture of Turkish traditional fabrics and design with modern comfort and amenities. In peak season, it would be worth paying full price to stay in Deluxe and I suspect the rest of the rooms are just as nice. The breakfast buffet was worth of a sultan's table. And the location is unbeatable - my terrace overlooked Topkapi! I can go on and on. But let me say once again: the BEST hotel staff ever. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. I'll be back again for sure.

Room Tip: Visit outside the peak season and you may get an upgrade at no charge, if the hotel is not full. Pay...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Violeta I
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 26 December 2013

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Sirkeci Mansion exceeded the high praise of my friends who stayed in September and redefines the meaning of boutique hotel. From arrival to departure after a four night stay I only encountered genuine enthusiasm and excellent service from the staff.

My room was spacious and clean with a view over the park. The breakfast choices were extensive and tasty with a wide selection of Turkish and other choices along with a few variations each morning. I didn't bother eating dinner elsewhere as the menu provided many options to taste dishes from across Turkey.

This hotel is in a quiet street close to all the major tourist sites, Sirkeci train station and the ferry terminals. The tram stop is only 50 metres away. The trams come frequently and are a good option If you don't want to walk far or it's the end of a long day.

The walking tours offered by the hotel gave great insights into Turkish culture and living in Instanbul which can't be found in the guide books.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Bakewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

A lovely hotel in the old area of Istanbul, close to many of the tourist sights. We had a complementary upgrade to a delux room overlooking the place cardens.
The staff could not have been more attentive.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David_Thornhill

Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Picked this hotel based on the reviews from TripAdvisor and its location. Worked out perfectly. You can walk to Blue Mosque, Haghie Sophia, TopKapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaar. Nice quiet street, tasty reasonably priced restaurant, clean rooms, nice little pool in the spa for the kids, and extremely helpful staff. Highly recommendable hotel, no regrets. Debated staying at the more expensive hotel and glad we did not spend the extra money because this hotel was wonderful.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My family and I had a chance to visit Istanbul and we reached out to friends and colleagues and several recommended Sirkeci Mansion. Excellent staff, management, & location. Could not have asked for anything more. The front desk was very helpful in planning and assisting us in our every need.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family