Sirkeci Mansion
US$118
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$119
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$147
US$96
Agoda.com
US$393
3,115 results
All reviewsgulhane parktopkapi palaceturkish delightculinary tourtram stopturkish bathblue mosquefree dinnerold cityturkeywithin walking distancethe hotel staffquiet streetguest relationsdeluxe roommajor sitesspice market
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

As a seasoned traveler, I think it's important to realize that the experience of a hotel is not just about the rooms or the food, but as much about the staff as anything else.

We just returned from a fantastic trip to Istanbul. With so many places to choose from, I cannot tell you how pleased we are to have ended up staying at Sirkeci Konak.

From the moment we arrived and sat in the beautifully decorated and comfortable lobby and had tea and a wonderful introduction to the hotel and Istanbul with Agah Okay Alkan (his friends call him Okay) the general manager of the hotel, to leaving yesterday while Okay and several other staff members waved goodbye; we just had a great experience!!

The hotel is in a great, convenient location for seeing the Old City and is mere blocks from the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, etc. The rooms may not be huge, but in a city like Istanbul, you need to sacrifice that to be in such a great location. Plus, while they are not huge, they are beautiful, comfortable and fully equipped.

The hotel has a fantastic Wellness Center two levels below the ground floor. There's a Sauna, a Hammam (traditonal Turkish Bath) and a small pool. Plus a massage service, always available. I've stayed in luxury hotels in New York City that didn't have the warmth and comfort that is offered here.

But back to the staff. People are the center of the success of any business. The owner of the Sirkeci group has seen to it that he has the most courteous, friendly and helpful staff I've come across. And he should consider himself lucky to have Okay.

Okay is an ever present, super friendly and incredibly helpful person. He was always ready with recommendations for restaurants, tips on things to do and NOT to do.

I could go on and on, but I will finish by saying that while we were there we stopped by the Four Seasons and several other hotels, and while they are nice from a physical standpoint, I do not believe they could hold a candle to the homey, family sort of feeling you get at the Sirkeci Konak. We miss it already and we will be back.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Beauryan
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is the third time in 2013 that I stayed at the Sirkeci Mansion. The hotel staff is wonderful...what makes them so? They remember you and treat you better than family. When you walk into the lobby, the feeling is comfortable and warm, not cold. They do everything within their power to make you comfortable and help. Breakfast is plentiful. The location is a bit difficult for taxis to reach to deliver you at the front door however you are 50 meters if that much (don't know measurement very well) from the tram station that will take you all the way to Dolmabache palace or the other way to the Grand Bazaar. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The top rooms overlook the gardens located next door. I highly recommend this hotel. Will stay again many times when visiting Sultanahmet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank whereisliz

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I had booked two nights at the nearby Hotel Erboy, but we were offered an upgrade to the Sirkeci Mansion at no extra charge. The hotel is located on a charming street directly across from some old city walls. It is within easy walking distance of the tram way and all of the main sights in Sultanahmet. The rooms are wonderful - immaculately clean and tastefully decorated with Ottoman-style furnishings. The staff was very helpful and attentive, providing useful information regarding the tram lines, purchasing advance tickets for Aya Sofya (which I highly recommend as you are able to avoid the long lines to buy tickets to this prime Istanbul attraction), and holding our luggage for us while we took a one day side trip to Ephesus. The free breakfast is wonderful and includes something for everyone (my partner is vegan, so complimentary meals can sometimes be rather unsatisfying for him). The hotel is surrounded by very nice shops, including a great rug shop directly across the street. Overall, I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John N

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The rooms had very comfortable beds, even the extra ones, good wifi, and nice bathrooms. The lobby had a large and pleasant sitting area where my family could play cards. The service was great. The staff seemed to wait on our every need, and took incredible care of my family. The hotel was also very flexible with the activities it offered, and had a large car that took us to and from the airport. The hotel was walking distance from all the "must see" sights and good restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We concur with the other posts reviewing this hotel. Our travel agent selected the Sirkeci Mansion for our first visit to Istanbul and we were absolutely delighted with the choice. From the moment we entered the hotel after a long-haul flight from Sydney we were warmly greeted by the professional and friendly staff, who provided a cool drink, maps and other useful information regarding the hotel and its amenities as well as the nearby attractions.

The room was spacious, well appointed and overlooked Gülhane Park and the Bosphorus with the additional touch of a bowl of delicious Turkish Delight! One of the most generous free-of-charge hospitality gestures from this hotel is the daily activities arranged by the Front Desk/Guest Relations team for guests to opt-in on a variety of walking tours that explore historical and local Istanbul life or in-house events preparing Turkish cuisine in the kitchen with the head chef or tasting local wines and Turkish cheeses. A definite "must-do"!

The hotel is located in a wonderful part of Istanbul within an easy walk to the Hagia Sophia Museum, Sultan Ahmed (Blue) Mosque, Roman Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, Tokapi Palace and Museum. Catching the tram system from the Gülhane Tram Station, a minute’s walk from the hotel’s front door, can easily access these attractions and many more, including the Spice Bazaar, Galata Tower, Taksim, Dolmabahçe Palace and Museum.

A great hotel in a wonderful location, enhanced by professional and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B2B1994
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments. It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family