“Fabulous Experience!”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Ciao a tutti! Me, my husband, my parents in law and my sister in law were in Istanbul in April 2014 and stayed in Sirkeci Mansion. This was not our first time in Istanbul but I can say that we all had an amazing experience in Sirkeci Mansion.The staff is amazing, friendly, well prepared, well organized and super professional as well! They always have a smile on their faces, which it is hard to find nowadays. My husband and I reached the hotel around 8 o'clock in the morning and not only they offered us a complementary breakfast but they also upgraded our room to the best room of the entire hotel (Hagia Sofia, park and Blu mosque view) and allowed us to enter the room around 1 in the afternoon. After our delicious breakfast we had a walk, the weather was very good and then we saw our room. It was such a beautiful and big room that we didn't leave it until the evening. We also had a very big (almost terrace) balcony with tables and chairs: heaven! We didn't have to pay anything extra for the beautiful room they kindly gave us.
My parents in law and my sister in law also had 2 good rooms. My parents in law had also a balcony and the same view we had but from a different corner. The breakfast was rich and various. Some of the stuff were there everyday (different bread, pastries, milk, jams, cereals, eggs, juices, milk, tea, coffee, honey, nuts, fruit, yogurt etc) but some cooked meals changed day after day and they were all delicious and made with fresh ingredients. The staff that served us during the breakfast time, even though there were many guests, they took care of everything and always made sure our cups were full with tea or coffee. The hotel was very clean and very peaceful at night, so we slept really well and we woke up in the morning with the sound of the birds that lived in the park in front of us. The location couldn't be a better one. 3 minutes walk from Hagia Sofia and all the historical things around it. One day I called the reception and I asked for some floss, they finished it and they apologized so many times saying they would bought it for us the next day. I thought they would forget but they surprised me and the next day I found in my bathroom 2 boxes of floss. Whenever I needed something, they would bring it to me in maximum 2 minutes! Very quick and very attentive! The bathroom we had was big and had a shower and a big bath tub with massage. Also the standard rooms that my relatives were in, had medium size, comfortable and clean bathrooms. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The decoration of the hotel was very nice and the environment and the reception area very welcoming. Thank you to all the Sirkeci Mansions' stuff!!! S. Boschetti

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sofia B
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Owner of the Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,051)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

A lovely hotel! Exellent location, helpful staff, I really love that place! Thank you, you make my holiday perfect!
Istanbul is so beautiful and interesting city.
I travelled alone... so when I realise that I don`t have to by every mat and every lamp :) ... I love that city.
I really recomment that hotel. You have to see that city and if you want to stay very lovely palce, go to Sirkeci mansion!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights, my children slept in a 3 bed room on the second floor, but we also had large fantastic suite on the 4th floor with a large balcony (with a couch and two single chairs) directly overlooking Gulhane Park, whilst all the tulips and poppies were in bloom. The location excellent, it is about 50 meters to the nearest tram stop, very close to the old town, so a 5 to 10 minute stroll to the Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Underground Cistern, or take the tram directly to the Grand Bazaar, Galata Tower or Dolmabahce Palace. On arrival from the airport at around 9 am the front desk informed us that they were cleaning our room and if we wanted to have breakfast it would be ready afterwards, I really appreciated this after long haul flights. We also ate every night at the attached restaurant, great gluten free food. All I can say is this hotel was faultless.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank djaggar

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We arrived in Istanbul not in the best of spirits. My wife was feeling ill and soon she was hospitalised with pneumonia. The hotel staff were excellent in helping with taxis, directions, translating, sending documents etc. Their help made a huge difference. In a very difficult situation, it was a home away from home. In the bits of time my son and I had available to look around the city, hotel staff gave us great advice on places to see. The hotel is very close to many main attractions and well-appointed. It was useful to have a restaurant associated with the hotel, and the food and service were almost always good. It was a welcome surprise to go up to the roof garden and look out over the city. When my wife was able to leave hospital, she was greeted back in the hotel by a bunch of flowers and caring staff. I have to say the staff really make the hotel special.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you look on trip advisor for Istanbul hotels, many have rave reviews so it is difficult to know how to select a quiet, comfortable hotel with nice rooms and good service - I chose the Sirkeci Mansion hotel from both the Trip Advisor reviews as well as consistently good reviews in Lonely Planet and Frommers guides to istanbul.
Most hotels in the old city are on very busy streets with trams, traffic and lots of back to back tourist restaurants - so the fact that the Sirkeci Mansion is on a quiet, small street with no trams in front was also important, but it is within easy reach of most sights.
So if you do choose to stay in the old city, like calm ( as much as is possible in Istanbul) and your budget does not run to the Four seasons - this is definitely the place to stay.

The rooms at the back of the hotel are away from street noise and the higher the better - rooms at the front are bigger and to be honest, the street is quiet at night, so if you are not too bothered by noise they are certainly large and airy. Our room at the back passed my yoga test ( have to have enough space to be able to do full floor exorcises, so this was large enough). The rooms have lots of small, details that make them special - fresh flowers in to room, nice locally made bath robes, good towels and toiletries, welcoming Turkish delight and a tray for tea/coffee.
The beds were comfortable - check on the pillows though as they are quite hard and you can ask for different kinds. Good quality bed linen - quiet A/C ( we used it at night as it was quite warm and ended up shutting the window to avoid being woken by the 5 am prayer call.
The staff really make this hotel - the welcome on arrival with their " teatime" ( every day there is tea, coffee, cookies available from 4.30-6 pm in the lounge area - very welcome after a hard day sightseeing), the advice from the customer relation ladies about sightseeing, maps, and more.information etc,
Breakfast is copious, varied and the fresh juices a real plus. I am surprised by a recent review complaining about the breakfast as there really was a big choice, fresh bread and pastries were excellent, the fresh fruit was better than most places and the range of hot and cold choices should suit any tastes. Not usually a fan of hotel restaurants, I have to say that the Sirkeci has a very good restaurant with unusual Anatolian dishes and again, in contrast to the recent review, we found the service very good, and the waiters knowledgeable about food and wine.
The hamam, small pool and sauna are very nice - again very welcome at the end of the day and I can also recommend the hamam massage.
There is construction work going on in a building next door during the day - we were out most of the day so it was not too bothersome for us as work stopped by 6pm but it looked as if as work has only just started there, best check with the hotel on the status.
Do take one of the hotel tours of the area - you will learn a lot more than you think and come away with a new appreciation of the city and its people.
Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel - as clearly a lot of other people have done already.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter ( but don not expect a pretty view) ask for the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rafiki99

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for an hotel in the old town, have a look at the sirkeci mansion.
The hotel is mostly just 5 minutes from all the main attractions, the rooms are super cute and provided of all the necessary amenities.
The staff is wonderful and goes the extra mile to help customers have a great time.
The spa is quite nice as well, especially the hammam.
The prize is in line with the hotels of the area.
I would definitely recommend!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lup13_13
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your trip to Istanbul and recommending Sirkeci Mansion to potential guests looking for guidance and tips on TA for future trip to our beautiful city!

I am very happy to see through your kind comments on my staff, our location, in-room facilities and common facilities such as the hammam that we have been able to live up to your expectations with our services.

We would love to provide assistance and host you again any return trips to Istanbul.

Best Wishes from Sirkeci Mansion Family in Istanbul,

Faruk Boyacı
Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Reviewed 12 April 2014

As we were going to Istanbul for a weekend, what we looked for was a nice, cosy and personable hotel. Something close to the key attractions such as the grand bazar, blue mosque, aghia sofia etc. Friendly service, and well kept high standards. And we found it all in Sirkeci Mansion.

It's a great little place - big enough to be private, small enough to be personal. And incredibly friendly staff that are a wealth of information and willingness to assist with anything and everything.

I've spent hundreds of days and nights in hotels, and this one I'm happy to recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RikardS

My Dear Guest,

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Kindest Regards,