“Always at top level”

Ranked #4 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
Modena
“Always at top level”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

A great position, a great hotel with all the comforst. Breakfast is really high level with great cheese, honey, all you can desire. The spa is small but really professional. You can have an original tuckish bath experience massage there. Also a pool is available (small) and a great sauna. The special thing that makes your stay unforgettable in this hotel is the staff. Everyone is really kind, gentle, always asking if u need something. It's my second time there, and if I will ever return to Istanbul I'll go in this hotel again. Extremely comfortable also the location, like 20mt far from the T1 Tram station Guhlane.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hoolz
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Best Wishes from Sirkeci Mansion Family in Istanbul,

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Clermont-Ferrand, France
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We are just back home after a 5-night stay at Sirkeci. Service was excellent, employees helpful, bedroom clean. We had a dinner at the hotel the first night included in our package and it was a very good surprise as the food was yummy.
The location is perfect, 5 minutes walk from Topkapi palace, the archeology museum, and max 10 minutes away from Sainte-Sophie.
We had a lovely surprise with a box of loukums on our bed with a lovely note on the day before we left. All these things made the stay very enjoyable.

The only minor negative points:
- the room we had was quite small, compared to others. But we did not asked for a bigger room as we did not spend much time in the room, we were too busy to visit Istanbul!
- We could hear the neighbors a lot, especially from the bathroom.
- some works are going on next door, and it makes a lot of noise from 10am to 5 pm. We did not mind as we were away all day long, but I wished I had been told before, just to avoid the surprise. When I mentioned it at reception, they offered us the drive back to the airport, which I think was a nice gesture.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again.

1 Thank Aureliekha
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in our family again.

Kindestt Regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We end up in Sirkeci Mansion after our flight was late and they didn't have rooms in Ilkay hotel. This was very positive because we ended up on better hotel and for same price. What I most liked at hotel was that we were close to main attractions, but street is small and quiet. Best experience was after breakfast go to turkish coffe in Gulhane park just cross the street and enjoy flowers and sun. Food was very nice for breakfast with lot of cheese, fresh fruits. Service was very good, if you pay by cash you also will have additional discount. They kept our stuff on our check out day and arranged good taxi. Near hotel you can find good restaruants, and also you are 10 min walk to ferries, Galata bridge, Hafiz Mustafa, Spice market, Sirkeci train station...in every case I would like to stay again in this hotel.

My Dear Guest,

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Mansion again.

Montigny-le-Bretonneux, France
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is very close to main attractions (Topkapi Palace, St-Sophia, Blue Mosque) and also in a quiet street. The hotel is very good. The staff is very helpful and efficient. The hotel is also very close to a tramway station and to a lot of restaurants.

Kindestt Regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Brussels
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I liked this hotel and would stay here again. I brought my daughter - they have a small pool as part of their Turkish bath/wellness center which was great to revive after a day of sightseeing. Beds were nice.

I didn't eat at the restaurant, but not for any reason in particular.

I would have liked if they had a small dresser, or some shelves in the closet to put some clothes in. There was basically no storage space for clothes in my room. No complaints otherwise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark_from_Brussels
My Dear Guest,

We will definitely work on the wardrobes and the shelfs and dravers.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Placed on a quiet street, adjacent to the walls of the Topkapi palace, this hotel is an oasis, with very friendly and helpful staff, and a great wellness center. This is the hotel you want to be in. Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosk are just a short walk up the hill away. Galata bridge just 10 minutes by foot. Great places to eat, like Pasazade and Imbat are just around the corner. Food at the hotel is not too great however.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheHappyCamper2013

Main Beach, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a great place to stay. If I ever return to Istanbul I will not hesitate to stay at this place again.
On arrival we were offered tea in the lounge area and the front desk manager (Agah Okay Alkan - what a gracious host!) sat with us and suggested an itinerary suitable to our 3 days in the city - what would be open and how to get there. He also provided us with maps and information on local restaurants as well as details on some of the more important sights.
The hotel is easy walking distance to Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque and the cistern. Also the metro is just 2 minutes away. Brilliant location.
The rooms are immaculate and quite spacious, comfortable bed and a pillow selection. The doona I found hot and had to just use just the doona cover. Airconditioning efficient and quiet and you can even open the window.
Breakfast was very very good and the friendly staff, there again, anxious to please.
HInt 1. If you can fit in the Hotel's cullinary tour - do it.
Hint 2. Use the hotel for tranfers to and from the airport - not expensive and it worked very well.
This hotel is exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift - there can be some noise from those returning late at night.