“Superb location”

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
“Superb location”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

A very attractive building in which the staff are pleasant and helpful. We had a lovely welcome with a drink and information. The owner even provides his personal phone number and guarantees to solve any problems ( not that it has been necessary). The rooms are on the small side but are well equipped. The beds are large. Our shower worked really well and the bath towels are big. ( that's a big gripe for me when they are too small to wrap around you). Breakfast is tasty with plenty of choices both international and local. Free tea and cakes are provided every afternoon. We had a meal in the restaurant too. That was very good. I would happily return here. Location wise it is so near to the Blue Mosque, Topkapi
and Hagia Sofia yet relatively quiet for such a vibrant, busy city.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jooles2
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I think I have never encountered a more helpful hotel staff. Really, I am quite astonished at the effort to which everyone was willing to go to ensure that our visit was perfect. If I give it less than the top rating, it is only because --being an architect-- I wish the renovation of the building had been more beautiful; in particular, the exterior is a terrible color and looks completely different from the photos.

Room Tip: We were given an upgrade to a 5th floor front room with a fabulous terrace overlooking the park.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth M
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again for you feedback. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel is perfectly situated for the old town and many of the sights. Staff were very kind and friendly. We were looked after very well. We had a nice room with a small balcony overlooking a quiet shopping street. Everything was perfect and we would love to stay again. Thank you to everyone.

Room Tip: Good to have a shopping street view to sit and watch shopkeepers and customers.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonesram

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Back at Sirkeci Mansion after 14 months, and equally VERY satisfied. The best part was that I saw many staff members still there, being gracious and hospitable. There is nothing they won't at least try to do for you, at least in my experience. Room good -sized, v good bed, bathroom nice and stocked well. Good linens---definitely a step up from usual hotel quality. The restaurant remains excellent, pool, spa, and Turkish bath most welcome. Love the lokum provided often. V good breakfast included, and airport pick-up (with 3-night stay) was easy. Great location on traffic-controled street with good shops, 2 minute walk to Gulhane Park and 10 minute walk to Aya Sophia. The only thing keeping me from giving S M a 5 overall is that i wish the room had a bigger, more comfortable chair instead of the small one there. And a second rug so one would be on both sides of the bed. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the street. Not 10000% silent but immune to the call to prayer from the smal...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RANDALL D
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Came back to hotel after staying here in 2011. I never considered any other hotel based on my previous experience. The service and hospitality at Sirkeci Masion are just outstanding and lead to my overall Excellent recommendation. The attention starts as soon as you arrive and does not end until you leave. The staff is absolutely amazing and could find no fault. Location wise, the hotel is almost ideal. The hotel is within 10 minutes walking of the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and the Golden Horn waterfront. In addition the hotel is located adjacent to the Gulhane tram stop, so getting to Taksim/Beyoglu square is easy and takes about 15 minutes on the tram. If you want to be near the major sights in the old city, this hotel is perfect. The highlights of my stay are below:

Service: Service is top notch. You are invited to have seat while you are being checked-in. After a quick check-in, you are invited to a welcome drink in the lobby lounge while a member of the concierge staff comes over and gives you the necessary highlights of what to see and do in the area with many helpful recommendations. The staff is all friendly and warm and treat you as a true guest and not as a customer. When I arrived into my room, there was a welcome treat and a letter from the owner of the hotel with his contact information stating to call him for any reason if there is an issue during my stay (never needed it). I ended up staying for 3 nights in Istanbul and left for Antalya. Unfortunately, the weather in Antalya didn't cooperate and I decided to head back to Istanbul for one night and returned to the Sirekeci Mansion. Araz made my reservation over the phone and remembered me from a few days earlier. He arranged for my airport transfer and mentioned that he would be on duty during my expected arrival time and would be happy to check me in personally. Again - an awesome personal touch. Returned for one night and again everything was flawless.

Hospitality: The hospitality at the hotel is just great. As I mention, upon check-in I was greeted by the concierge who allowed me to enjoy a welcome drink while she went over the local information - recommendations on Bosphorus cruise, Dervis ceremony, etc.. After a miserable experience at IST passport control, I needed that Efes beer. The hotel provided for a gift of turkish delight upon departure and the staff comes outside to wish you goodbye.

Room / Accommodations: The room was great. It was clean and up to date. The bed was absolutely wonderful with great pillows and I slept well. Most importantly - WIFI was fast and air conditioner worked really well. The breakfast offered a nice variety of hot and cold choices as well as Turkish and traditional European selections.

Great hotel. I would return in a heartbeat and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Sirkeci Mansion Is not a cheap hotel but I would recommend It if it is within your budget. The hotel has a great location in a quiet street alongside Gulhane Park in the old city, with a tram stop a few minutes from the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped, with air-con and free wi-fi, and traditional decor. There is a spa in the basement and a wonderful roof terrace on top of the hotel. The hotel restaurant is reliable, though the food not particularly memorable. It is possible to obtain discounts for cash payments, and to get free airport transfers and a welcome dinner for longer stays. Service is very attentive and friendly. There is currently some daytime construction noise from a neighbouring site, but it is not seriously troubling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank beijingduck
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Mansion Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Mansion Family

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

There are just 52 rooms. They are small, but luxuriously appointed. The staff is incredible and make it a point to sit with you at your convenience after check in and discuss possible itineraries and activities, which they will book for you. The restaurant is fabulous and the prices are fair, so you really look no further. Breakfast comes with your room, and it is delicious. The spa is also great. I had a Sultan's Massage my first day there, and was so glad I did. It really set the tone for my short stay there. The cooking class is a must do, in my opinion. It is free and you get to eat what you've made with your classmates. It is located on a short pedestrian street lined with shops that are upscale, but the merchants are friendly and fair and the prices aren't inflated in comparison to the Grand Bazaar. I bought almost all of my souvenirs steps from the inn. Also, it is on the main tramline for Old Istanbul .... within walking distance to everything. In summary, every time we visit Istanbul, we will book here. There is no reason to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: I heard the rooms on the top have nice views. Otherwise, don't expect a view and if you want one...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank robinstojanov
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 15 August 2014