“Fantastic Location; Warm welcome to Istanbul and Turkish Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #6 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic Location; Warm welcome to Istanbul and Turkish Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Large rooms, excellent location, terrace view of the Bosphorus and incredibly nice staff - what more could one ask. Let's break this down:

Accommodations: Fairly large rooms with all the amenities and bathrooms with lots of space for toiletries, etc. Despite its central location, the rooms are quiet enough to get a good night's sleep*...Love the little touches of detail like the fresh flowers placed in niches over the nightlamps. (see photos)

*Small Note: At the time I was there, the hotel next door was undergoing major renovation so lots of construction noise during the day...not a problem for sleeping at night so don't let this put you off.

Location: Faces Gulhane Park - which is the park of the Topkapi Palace. Topkapi entrance about 5-10 min walk; Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque 10-20 min walk. Located 1/2 block from tram stop that easily gets you to Beyoglu or Eminou. Also, since along the tramline, you can easily walk along the tramway to avoid getting lost exploring...Lots of shops and restaurants within a couple of blocks of the area...

Service: This is my first trip to Turkey and the staff at Sirkeci REALLY made me feel welcome and at home. Nothing was too much for them to accommodate. I wanted to buy a 2nd hand cell. On my 2nd day there, Okay, took me to a shop to buy the cell, then buy and activate a SIM card so I could be connected. Another evening, I was working on the lovely rooftop terrace and decided I wanted to have dinner...there was one table facing the sea and even though this was b/w their seating, the host seated me anyway. Nothing was ever too much for any of the staff. Particular kudos and thanks to Okay, Enver, Araz, Ceyda and the woman who took such care cleaning my room.

Breakfast: Large selection of Turkish and Western food...sometimes breakfast room got a bit stuffy (as this was the middle of June)...just need to ask them to either open a door or A/C.

Tips:
Check out Ibn-i Kemal Caddesi - a street just around the corner from the hotel...there are lots of nice little restaurants along this street...One that was worth checking out is Pasa Zade.

The hotel put together a map with list of restaurants around Sultanamet that got good responses from their own guests -- sort of a local Trip Advisor...ask the front desk if you are interested.

If you can, sign up for one of the Culinary Backstreets walking tours...They're phenomenal! I did the Old City tour with Benoit. It was one of the highlights of my trip. (See my review)

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator if you want more space. Rooms right next to elevator are smaller th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary Jean C
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Best Wishes from Sirkeci Mansion Family in Istanbul,

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel (having checked out for a night in between) on arrival we were met at the door by a delightful young lady who gave us all the information we needed regarding the hotel facilities and other tourist attractions - the room was very comfortable with a pillow menu which was very impressive - a lovely touch was the little gift left in our room the night before our departure thanking us for our stay - would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindy K
My Dear Guest,

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

In all my travels we have never come across a hotel like Sirkeci. Our stay was absolutely amazing and I have never felt such personal attention given to us as guests.
The hotel facility, staff, location, cleanliness, food and rooms are fantastic and it is a pity that your hotel is not found in any other destinations across the world as it would be my first choice of stay. I will highly recommend to anyone travelling to Istanbul to stay at your hotel, as the experience of it is second to none. Thank you so much for making our stay memorable and hopefully we can visit again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
My Dearest Guest;

I cannot tell how exciting it is to read your review. Thank you very much for honoring us with your kind comments and becoming a part of our success.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Mansion Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Mansion Family

Owner of the Hotel
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our first visit to Turkey and Sirkeci Mansion was our first stop throughout the country. After checking in we had a great reception in the lobby with where we were given a glass of wine and a gracious overview of their great city. I was first expecting this to be a "sell" for tours (as I have experienced in Mexico and other places), but it was just a warm expression of their hospitality to give us their advice about getting around the city.

The service and staff at every point (reception, breakfast, cleaning, making tour reservations, etc.) was the very best of any hotel I have been in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 768Dave
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

The Owner of Sirkeci Mansion
South Pasadena, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent three nights in the Sirkeci Mansion in Istanbul's old quarter at the end of May. Service was exceptional. Upon check in we received a briefing from a staff member about the hotel, the neighborhood, and Istanbul generally. One bag had been lost on our lfight to Turkey, and another staff member called Turkish airlines repeatedly the next day and did secure the return of the bag. The staff cheerfully made our dinner reservations; one of our best meals was in the hotel restaurant. The (free) cooking class was fun and interesting.

One of the real strengths of this hotel is that it is on a quiet street with virtually no traffic. However, the tram is only half a block away. The tram will take you to most places you want to go in Istanbul (including Taksim) for only 3 TL, and you can walk to most of the rest. Even if you find the metro intimidating, the tram is EASY. If you're visiting in the summer don't miss a walk through Gulhane Park across the street with thousands of flowers in beautifully-laid-out beds.

Many thanks to everyone at the hotel, especially Ceyda Sahin and, in the restaurant, Turker.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a view on the street side of Gulhane Park, formerly the Sultan's private gard...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
My Dearest Guest,

I hope to see you again in Istanbul with us.

Kind Regards
The Owner of Sirkeci Mansion
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

When one talks about Istanbul, most people would shortlist Sultanahmet and Taksim as the places to stay in. But after our stay in Sirkeci, i can assure you that Sirkeci is an equally good location, may be even better if one wants to be in the center but yet be away from the noise and the over the top tourism. Cobblestone streets, a 7 minute walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagya Sophia, Topkapi Palace, 2 minutes away from the beautiful Gulhane Park and the tram station, i don't think it can get any better than this.

Now to the hotel itself, the hotel was one of my most wonderful hotel finds. The ever smiling faces; the pleasant online booking experience; the warmth as soon as one enters the place; the extensive map walk through and guidance about what to do, the evening tea with Turkish cay, coffee, and simit; the complimentary cooking class; the hamam and massage, the Turkish Delights and welcome letter, the welcome dinner with the server patiently explaining each dish and providing vegetarian recommendations, and the list can go on and on. Every special touch made our first family vacation memorable.

The rooms are prettily done, the windows with flowers made them very petite and charming, and so did the small bouquet of flowers right above the bedside. The terrace overlooking the Gulhane Park was our peaceful spot for reading or just sitting in the sun with a cup of tea.

A big thank you to Ceyda, Damla, Araz, and Enver at the front desk; Muhammet in the Neyzada restaurant, Cemal Kutluturk for the complimentary cooking class, and Oktay Uncu for the massage and the Hamam. And thank you to all the others we interacted with but didn't get to know their names.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nams20
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Owner of the Hotel
Sirkeci Group Hotels
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent hotel in the perfect location to visit all the sights of Istanbul. The staff at the hotel go out of their way to make your stay with them memorable and we cannot thank them enough. The information and drink on arrival and gift on departure are a lovely gesture. We recommend the walking tours and a Turkish massage.

We highly recommend this hotel, it was an amazing. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sirkecigroup, Sahibi at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Sirkeci Mansion and recommending us to other reviewers!

I appreciate your plesant comments and am very happy to hear that you have had a nice stay and found the services, activities and location of our hotel enjoyable.

We would love to hear back from you if you need any assistance or advice on possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

We hope to see you at Sirkeci Mansion again.

Best Wishes from Sirkeci Mansion Family in Istanbul,