Sirkeci Mansion
US$206
US$154
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
Trip.com
US$402
US$295
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$414
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$192
US$177
3,088 results
All reviewsgulhane parktopkapi palaceturkish delightculinary tourtram stopturkish bathblue mosquefree dinnerold cityturkeywithin walking distancethe hotel staffquiet streetguest relationsdeluxe roommajor sitesspice market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were lucky to find this hotel in 2010 and stayed for a few days. When we visited Istanbul again, we stayed at the Sirkeci Mansion again. We were not disappointed - it was even better than our first visit. Our room was lovely, great view over the park, very clean and had everything we could want. The staff are all very warm and friendly, and nothing is too much trouble. Location is perfect for visiting the Old City and is a tram ride from the New city. The afternoon tea is a nice touch - sightseeing then return to this oasis and have they complimentary tea. We would not stay anywhere else when we visit Istanbul.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for non smoking if that is what you want. All rooms seem to be quite private, not a noisy location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Sirkeci Mansion again for your return stay in Istanbul after four years and also taking your time to share feedback here!

It makes me really happy and proud to read that we were able to impress you once more with our facilities and services. It is a great relief to see that our sincere effort to keep up the good work is fruitful.

We hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion again and again.

Best Wishes from Sirkeci Mansion Family in Istanbul,

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed five nights here and arrived approx. midnight so didn't have time for the introductory chat. I was told I would have it the following day but this didn't happen. The stay at the hotel was good with a varied selection for breakfast and attentive staff. Ate one night at the restaurant and this was very good. Room was good size as was the bathroom and cleaned well every day. Hotel provide two bottles of water everyday which was a nice touch. Tram station 100 yards away and the main sights are easy to get to and close by. I would stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Mansion Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Mansion Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Large rooms, excellent location, terrace view of the Bosphorus and incredibly nice staff - what more could one ask. Let's break this down:

Accommodations: Fairly large rooms with all the amenities and bathrooms with lots of space for toiletries, etc. Despite its central location, the rooms are quiet enough to get a good night's sleep*...Love the little touches of detail like the fresh flowers placed in niches over the nightlamps. (see photos)

*Small Note: At the time I was there, the hotel next door was undergoing major renovation so lots of construction noise during the day...not a problem for sleeping at night so don't let this put you off.

Location: Faces Gulhane Park - which is the park of the Topkapi Palace. Topkapi entrance about 5-10 min walk; Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque 10-20 min walk. Located 1/2 block from tram stop that easily gets you to Beyoglu or Eminou. Also, since along the tramline, you can easily walk along the tramway to avoid getting lost exploring...Lots of shops and restaurants within a couple of blocks of the area...

Service: This is my first trip to Turkey and the staff at Sirkeci REALLY made me feel welcome and at home. Nothing was too much for them to accommodate. I wanted to buy a 2nd hand cell. On my 2nd day there, Okay, took me to a shop to buy the cell, then buy and activate a SIM card so I could be connected. Another evening, I was working on the lovely rooftop terrace and decided I wanted to have dinner...there was one table facing the sea and even though this was b/w their seating, the host seated me anyway. Nothing was ever too much for any of the staff. Particular kudos and thanks to Okay, Enver, Araz, Ceyda and the woman who took such care cleaning my room.

Breakfast: Large selection of Turkish and Western food...sometimes breakfast room got a bit stuffy (as this was the middle of June)...just need to ask them to either open a door or A/C.

Tips:
Check out Ibn-i Kemal Caddesi - a street just around the corner from the hotel...there are lots of nice little restaurants along this street...One that was worth checking out is Pasa Zade.

The hotel put together a map with list of restaurants around Sultanamet that got good responses from their own guests -- sort of a local Trip Advisor...ask the front desk if you are interested.

If you can, sign up for one of the Culinary Backstreets walking tours...They're phenomenal! I did the Old City tour with Benoit. It was one of the highlights of my trip. (See my review)

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator if you want more space. Rooms right next to elevator are smaller than other standard double rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary Jean C

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Best Wishes from Sirkeci Mansion Family in Istanbul,

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel (having checked out for a night in between) on arrival we were met at the door by a delightful young lady who gave us all the information we needed regarding the hotel facilities and other tourist attractions - the room was very comfortable with a pillow menu which was very impressive - a lovely touch was the little gift left in our room the night before our departure thanking us for our stay - would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindy K

My Dear Guest,

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed 19 June 2014

In all my travels we have never come across a hotel like Sirkeci. Our stay was absolutely amazing and I have never felt such personal attention given to us as guests.
The hotel facility, staff, location, cleanliness, food and rooms are fantastic and it is a pity that your hotel is not found in any other destinations across the world as it would be my first choice of stay. I will highly recommend to anyone travelling to Istanbul to stay at your hotel, as the experience of it is second to none. Thank you so much for making our stay memorable and hopefully we can visit again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

My Dearest Guest;

I cannot tell how exciting it is to read your review. Thank you very much for honoring us with your kind comments and becoming a part of our success.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Mansion Family