“Perfection!”

Ranked #4 of 1,140 Hotels in Istanbul
Redding, California
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent accommodations, an amazing staff, convenient location, free tours ... our stay at Sirkeci Mansion could not have been better! Araz, front-desk person/customer is the best in the hospitality business that I've ever encountered, and Okay's tours are great: informative and entertaining; plus, he is so well informed that no question went unanswered. Any needs expressed were immediately dealt with - and with a smile. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone contemplating a visit to Istanbul!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

So I’m a little late with this hotel review but it would be neglectful to not review my 5 night stay at the Hotel Sirkeci Mansion.
The trip from Ataturk airport was quite lengthy (1 ½ hours) which involved the driver navigating a warren of one way streets at rush hour. A lot of that time we were stationary as cross junctions were blocked. Try to time your arrival (if possible) outside of the early evening period when locals will be heading home from work. By way of a comparison the return trip to Ataturk Airport took 45mins.
On arrival at the hotel the staff were very attentive and collected our bags from the car. We were booked in efficiently with the minimum of fuss and offered tea. While your bags are being delivered to your room a member of staff then talks you through trips and activities on offer and all the time I’m thinking to myself “I’m being set up to part with some money and get signed up for a costly tour of some description” however this was just my neurosis and I was much obliged for the helpful friendly advice and guide to local sights given by the member of staff. As a side thought…. I wish I had packed bathers so that I could use the hotel pool & sauna but my loss as I didn’t, also I would have liked to attend the free cookery lesson offered by the hotel chef but once again sadly my loss.
I am annoyed with myself that I didn’t somehow obtain some small denomination TL notes prior to my arrival to tip the bell boy that showed us to our room as that felt like an awkward moment which was amended the next day when I had broken some larger denomination notes.
The room was really well presented & appointed. Our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the Topkapi Palace gardens and whilst the street below was quite noisy with the balcony door or window open the noise was reduced to almost inaudible when they were closed and a peacefully quiet night’s sleep can be expected. I believe the rooms at the front of the hotel also offer the best aspect so try requesting one of these rooms if possible. Seasonally for our stay it was early spring and the evenings & mornings were cold but the room was a comfy temperature and the doona/quilt/duvet whatever you want to call it felt warm & substantial and the heated bathroom floor was most welcoming on bare feet.
I booked my stay direct with the Sirkeci via the internet and for that reason the hotel gave us a free meal for two voucher for use in the hotels own restaurant. We used the voucher on our first night to save wandering around trying to find a good place to dine without previously getting our bearings with the local area. This proved to be good choice for us and whilst I thought the voucher would be restrictive it covers ALL courses with the exception of any alcohol which I thought was very generous of the hotel and unexpected. The meal was beautiful and I would highly recommend using the hotel restaurant even if you are not lucky enough to get a voucher. Breakfast was a buffet type arrangement with a great choice of cerials, fruit & nuts to cold meats, eggs & pastries.
You cannot go wrong staying at the Sirkeci, the location is great for all the sights of Istanbul, the rooms are quiet and comfy, the staff helpful friendly & accommodating and the meals excellent. This hotel would be my number one choice if I return to Istanbul or if recommending to friends a place to stay in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Room at front of hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob P

Groebenzell, Germany
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Sirkeci Mansion very much and we recomend the hotel to every friend, wishing to visit Istanbul The whole team was so supportive and friendly. Breakfast was great and we enjoyed a couple of meals in the restaurant and on the roof as well. The location of the hotel next to Gulhayne Park ist marvellous and we could reach most historic sites by foot or tram. We hadn’t any problem the whole week.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The nicest reception when I arrived from a late evening flight, the reception guy was so welcoming, offered me a beer on arrival and a warm welcome. I have stayed here 4 times and very time the service was great, breakfast very nice and a nice touch is the Sirkeci times paper which updates you on local interesting places to go, nice Haman with pool but don't expect to swim many lengths as it's tiny but a very nice spa, also best position for visiting the old city and overlooking the palace gardens, do your best to get a suite or an upgrade as the the top rooms have a fabulous terrace, highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Onchan, Isle of Man
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Booked after seeing all the reviews, and it certainly came up to expectations and then exceeded them. The welcome is lovely, our room was so comfy- never had such a gorgeous and huge bed! The staff are without exception not just courteous but friendly, we felt really at home. They do everything to help you enjoy your visit, booking us a trip on the Bosphorus, we also joined one of the free walking tours- described as life on the golden horn, real life in Istanbul. Okay, who is Guest relations Attendant, lead us and couldn't have been nicer or more fun (even when my husband wandered off to find an ATM!) he showed us amazing places, really special and all laid on for free- even the pastries straight from a wood fired oven. The whole hotel is immaculate and well equipped, the swimming pool is small but so welcome after sight seeing, the rooftop restaurant has amazing views and food and isn't overpriced. I could go on and on, but essentially it's the best hotel we've ever stayed in and the location is perfect (it really is only a 10 min stroll to the major sights!) our only problem was we only had 4 nights, it will be longer next time! Thank you! Nic & Clive

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OnchanIOM

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Sirkeci Mansion is a must if you want the best in local hospitality, well appointed accommodations, great service, excellent food and location. The hotel within walking distance of major attractions such as the Grand Bazar and Blue Mosque.

Room Tip: Look at on line room photos.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BSBH
My Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for honoring us with your kind comments and becoming a part of our global family. It is very important to hear that you had a pleasing stay at our hotel.

I hope to see you again in Istanbul with us in the Sirkeci Mansion Family.

Kind Regards

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 June 2014

If one wants a hotel near the attractions, it is highly recommended -Hagia Sophia ,grand bazaar,basilica cistern,topkapi palace, blue mosque, this all is at walking distance from the hotel.Trams and Taxis easily available to other points. With helpful staff our stay was comfortable at Sirkeci Mansion.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family