“Great Hotel”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent Hotel - Impeccable service. The staff really helped us plan our events and based on the time we were there and what we wanted to do - they gave us a great trip!

They even gave us directions to the hotel using the public transport (worth it because it helped us know the where we were going during our trip)

Definitely worth visiting again - great hotel, great service.

Room Tip: We booked two adjoining rooms (4 people)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed 22 July 2014

What a wonderful family run hotel in the best part of Istanbul. As first time travellers to Turkey we were guided by our travel agent to stay in this delightful small hotel in the heart of the old town - terrific location meant we could walk to all the major sites and feel that we were part of history. The family who run the hotel are hands on and nothing was too much trouble - informal but efficient. We loved sharing in the cooking class where we prepared our dinner under the watchful eye of the head chef and the wine tasting was also popular! Certainly worth considering if you want an authentic hotel experience - not the usual non descript high street variety!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights as a family. The hotel staff is probably the most courteous, helpful and hospitable I have ever experienced in my 20 years of travel and stay in many parts of the world. Fantastic location for a first time visitor to Istanbul. Rooms are clean, fresh and warm. Excellent value. I stayed at the ostentatious Four Seasons-Bosphorous last year and this hotel beats that hands down.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank pchucky

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We reserved this hotel based on recommendation on turkeytravelplanner.com website. It was a great hotel for us - two couples in our 50s and 60s. Rooms were lovely and fairly spacious, high quality linens and small balcony overlooking park. Ate at the hotel's fine dining restaurant on our first night and it was excellent. Breakfast is ample, staff service excellent. Don't miss the pool in basement and schedule a bath/massage. Good location for walking to many of the popular tourist sites and close to a tram stop as well. So glad we picked this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wlweis

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for my 50th birthday with husband and children and it was a superb experience. From the warm welcome at arrival until the goodbye when leaving, it was one warm bath of Turkish hospitality. It was like staying with good friends. Compliments to the whole staff and we definitely will come back!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Kim2705

Reviewed 18 July 2014

From the minute you walk into the lobby, you feel at home. Welcome drinks and snacks while the wonders of Istanbul are explained to you over city maps. Rooms are clean and bathrooms well equipped. A dish of Turkish delight waiting for you. The breakfast is plentiful and dinner in the restaurant was great and very affordable.
Had a Turkish bath in the hammam downstairs - what an experience - although my elderly mother was not prepared for a male attendant!
We would definitely stay here again and enjoyed the proximity to everything Istanbul has to offer on foot.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank C0nnie13

Reviewed 17 July 2014

It is challenging to write a review, which others will find believable, about this outstanding hotel. It is the best hotel in which we have ever stayed. The physical property is lovely. The public areas are attractive and instantly introduce a sense of calm when you come in from a busy day in the city. The rooms also reflect a charming decor, with enough Turkish accents so you know exactly where you are when you wake up each morning. The bathrooms are opulent, with thick towels, quality amenities and lots and lots of hot water.

These are qualities we appreciate in a hotel, but they are not the things that make us return. This hotel has a staff that elevates service to a level we have never experienced anywhere else in the world. From the lady who cleans your room, to the lady who makes sure you do not get lost in the city, every single person is dedicated to insuring that your experience in Istanbul and in the hotel itself is perfect.

We have experienced so many amazing events at this hotel, that I cannot begin to illustrate all of them. I am focusing on only a few that demonstrate the quality of care provided for guests. One day I had a bit of a cough. After breakfast I approached the front desk to ask about the location of the nearest drug store. When I said I needed a cough remedy I was told to return to my room and it would be delivered shortly. Within five minutes a young man came with a bag from the drug store and some excellent cough drops.

My husband loves the standard Turkish bread served in every restaurant in the city. The restaurant in the Sirkeci Mansion serves a lovely multi-grain bread with dinner. I love it, and my husband does not. On the several evenings when we went downstairs to just have a bowl of soup and bread for a late supper, the waiter, upon seeing us, would dash across the street to purchase my husband's preferred bread.

I love to take advantage of the daily social event offered by the hotel. We have done wine and cheese tasting. We have learned to play backgammon, and we have had a fantastic cooking lesson from the head chef. I had, however, never taken the free tour of the Wednesday market in Fatih because I feared I could not keep up with the group.

I decided to go and participate as long as I could, and then take a taxi back to the hotel. I explained this to the lovely man who conducts the tour. He said they would go slowly and if I needed help I should just let him know. We spent a lovely morning walking slowly among the vendors, where our guide knew every person, and we sampled everything being sold. Eventually we came to a simit bakery at the bottom of a long hill. Our guide quickly told me to enjoy a simit and not worry because when we finished, the owner of the shop would drive me to our next destination. Of course, this is exactly what happened. The entire morning was one of those magical moments in Istanbul.

Since the first time I entered this hotel I have always felt special, as if everyone was only concerned for my welfare. I am not just the occupant of room 206. Everyone knows my name. Everyone is cheerful and pleasant. At the same time, the staff is not fussy and pretentious. When I leave for the day in my orthopedic walking shoes and well worn carry-all no one looks down his nose with a slight air of contempt, as I sometimes experience in the more famous five star resorts.

The philosophy of this hotel can be summed up when you walk into your guest room for the first time. There is candy in the candy dish, and fresh flowers in a vase. On the bed is a personal letter from the owner of the hotel with his personal cell phone, inviting you to call, any time, if you have a problem. While I cannot imagine a problem that the hotel's highly competent and inventive staff could not handle, I remain amazed that the owner of the hotel gives his phone number to every guest. I am quite sure that this happens in no other hotel in the world.

The Sirkeci Mansion is perfect. The rooms are perfect. The meals are perfect. The location, 1/2 block from the tram on a quaint and charming street next to Gulhane Park, is perfect. The staff is perfect. I am positive that such perfection comes from a perfect business plan that begins with the assumption that every guest is family. We always feel that we are held in the embrace of the Sirkeci Mansion from the minute we arrive until we depart.

Room Tip: Indulge yourself in the hotel spa, and be sure not to miss the bubble massage.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple