“Shining staff”

Ranked #4 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago, Illinois
“Shining staff”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I arrived early and they had a room ready. I was given a choice between two rooms! That was a nice touch. Unfortunately, my luggage did not arrive with me and the staff did their best to try to help. They made calls, erased phone charges, allowed me to use their phone, etc. they helped me find a pharmacy to get basic toiletries. They truly went above and beyond.
Pickup from the airport was arranged by them and went well. My husband had a slight issue, but they corrected the error in an acceptable manner. The room was quiet and clean! No strong perfume odor like so many hotels. Breakfast was ok. My husband enjoyed it. It was a very European spread. The restaurant on the roof was pleasant with good food. Don't try to use your American credit card as their bank can't process it. Charge it to your room or use cash. The chef came around and greeted each customer. It was a truly relaxing dinner overlooking the city with marvelous views.
Across the street is a park. Go for a walk day or night. It was just what a stressed out traveller needed. As you leave, they stand in the door waving goodbye. So sweet! (Ask for a charge converter if needed. They will loan you one). Don't hesitate to stay here. Great location!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tweex
Sirkecigroup, Sahibi at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments. It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Owner of the Hotel

Sirkeci Group Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
sydney
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Spent a week in hot, steamy August with the wonderful staff at Sirkeci Mansion. Hotel facilities were explained on arrival, free daily afternoon tea was being served in lounge area. I booked a couple of the walks offered by Sirkeci, led by Agah, and they where informative and leisurely, highly recommended. Service in the rooftop restaurant was prompt, polite and so friendly! also the menu and wines were delicious. A swim in the small, deep pool was refreshing after a day out. I also spent sometime in the gym and hamman. A five minute walk to the Gulhame gardens in the warm evenings was enjoyable to watch the locals relaxing and a late tea overlooking the Bosphorus. Also only five minutes to trams and significant mosques, Galata bridge, Topkapi and Cistern. Absolutely the best hotel for convenience and hospitality on the Asian side of Istabul.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank pat_wasson
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Overton, Hampshire
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is a gem of a hotel with a true sense of hospitality. On arrival we received a detailed introduction to the surrounding area, which always helps when landing in a strange city. The hotel is ideally placed for most major attractions and helpfully only metres from the tram stop. Our teenage daughters were very happy in their adjoining room and loved the pool, which is clean and a real haven in a busy hot city. The breakfast is varied and plentiful and the rooftop terrace a beautiful place to end the day. We loved it so much, we are already booked to return with our parents and parents-in-law next year!

Room Tip: We had the adjoining family room - smaller probably then the usual rooms, but plenty of space for ou...
2 Thank AEllingham
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Mansion Family again.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Such a memorable experience. Apart from the excellent facility, cleanliness and great food, what really makes this hotel above all competitors are the employees. I am talking here all positions top to bottom, from the interns and cleaning lady to the managers on the reception. We do travel a lot and stay in many upper class hotels, but we have instantly agreed that this was our best hotel stay ever.

Make sure to try the roof top restaurant. It is above and beyond what you expect from a Hotel.

3 Thank PBE B

Riverton NZ
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed at this property after a Fez tour. The greeting at reception was both welcoming and helpful. Nasar and his female colleague went out of there way to help us, as my husband was unwell. Our room faced the park, at the front of the hotel, it was quiet, clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was enjoyable, food we are use to eating and the restaurant on the roof top of the hotel also palatable. My only complaint was, clients could smoke. This made the experience
Less enjoyable. The view however was delightful on a balmy night.Excellent location, it is in a quiet street. All you need to see in the Old City very easy to access. The standard rooms are small.
If you intend to visit this hotel book early as it is popular.

Room Tip: Book early if you intend to use this property. Check your room before accepting it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BethRivertonNZ
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Great location, great hospitality, great service - I could not have imagined a better Istanbul experience. This hotel is centrally located within walking distance to all attractions, seconds away from the metro tram line and surrounded by cute boutique shops. We were greeted by super friendly staff who made us feel at home throughout our entire stay. The breakfast was generous and delicious every morning. The room we stayed in was spotless and the bathrooms luxurious. There is a dedicated person on duty who will help with planning your sight seeing and recommend the best places to go to and how. There is even a tour organised by the hotel for a small fee to explore the culinary tastes of Istanbul and a cooking class from the hotel chef! We loved the experience so much we came back for the second leg of our trip when we returned to Istanbul and highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Yasemin Y

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 August 2014

A group of 5 of us from India chose this boutique hotel based on the good reviews - but it far exceeded our expectations!
It has an excellent location (on a quiet walking street) very close to all the top sights of Istanbul. The rooms are very comfortable, clean & well appointed, the breakfast buffet is excellent. We were given a complimentary 7th night's stay, a free dinner at the charming rooftop restaurant, free airport transfers, welcome & farewell gifts - also a cake & flowers on my neice's 40th birthday!
Other nice touches include free wifi throughout the hotel, complimentary tea every afternoon in the 'living room', tours to experience Turkish culture and of course the very useful introduction to the area & Istanbul on arrival (including maps, recommended restaurants, tips re the travel card, museum pass.
The best feature of the hotel, however, is the very warm, helpful and charming staff - smilingly answering all our questions, booking cars & restaurants & wanting to know regularly how our day's experience had been.
It is like one big happy family! I particularly want to thank Okay, Damla, Cihan & Araz for making our trip so special.
Special compliments also to Mr. Omer Faruk Boyaci for the great job he & his team is doing!
We will be back!