“A Hotel You Can Trust”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 29 October 2009

My wife and I stayed here for two nights at the end of a 7 day cruise. When we arrived back home, I realized I had misplaced my wedding ring. I do take it off from time to time and usually give to my wife or leave it in the hotel safe. I contacted both the hotel and the cruise line but neither could locate my ring. Well to my very pleasant surprise, the hotel called me a few days later and said they had actually found my ring. It turns out it was nestled in the corner of the safe. The hotel went to great lengths to find the safest way to send me my ring and it arrived two days ago.

They could have easily not contacted me after it was located but they did and for that I will always be grateful and most appreciative! So THANK-YOU to the staff at the Sirkeci Konak!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sirkeci Mansion

Reviewed 29 October 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in October. The location is fantastic being right next to the walls of the Topkapi Palace, right in the middle of all the historic attractions and only 50 metres from a tram stop.
The staff were as friendly as you could ever hope to meet. The rooms were good and breakfast was good. There is also a small pool and spa in the basement.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 October 2009

Everything you will read on this site is true. A truly delightful hotel, and some of the best service and most helpful staff we have encountered anywhere. Superb location and extremely comfortable rooms. A real treasure.

1  Thank Londontraveller01
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Stayed here with my Mum after train travel across Europe and booked on Trip Advisor recommendations. Little bit pricey but you definitely get what you pay for. Small but clean and comfortable rooms with great service from the staff. Basement pool is small but the turkish baths surprisingly spacious. Breakfasts were lovely with a wide selection catering to all tastes. Great location for all the sights in the old quarter and easy access to Sirkeci Station and the ferries to the Golden Horn and Bosphorous. Good mix of nationalities and ages - although no children when we were there. We were given a complimentary evening meal in the hotel restaurant and can definitely recommend eating there. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank LondonSjm
Reviewed 27 October 2009

The hotel had arranged the transfer from Ataturk Airport, which took about 40 minutes and was comfortable and effortless. On arrival, we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff, provided a complimentary drink, free maps and offers of help during our three night stay. Try to get a room on the 5th (top) floor. These have terraces and views of the Bosphorus as well as the gardens. Rule of thumb guide - the lower the floor, the lesser the view.

Dinner in the hotel, provided free on the first night, was really excellent, with no restrictions on what we could select from the menu. Turkish wine is quite expensive (high taxes), but we found the Egea Cabernet & Merlot to be of high quality.

The room and (smallish) bathroom were both clean and very comfortable, with a choice of pillow types. There was free Wi-Fi - ask reception for the Code. The breakfast buffet was plentiful with a good selection on offer.

Most of the attractions are within a 5 - 15 minute walk. We found the Topkapi Palace was the most interesting place to visit (but avoid changing currency at the entrance), followed by the Bazaars. Not much hassling either, but beware the usual 'Carpet traps'! If Marakesh scores 8/10 for hassling, then I would mark Istanbul at 2/10. The people are genuinely friendly for a city with a population of 17 million, and seem to want to practice their English, chatting to you in the street without any ulterior motive other than to be helpful. We found this a pleasant surprise, and one we did not expect. If you complete the sights with time to spare, ask reception to arrange a half day boat trip, which was well worth doing, providing a whole new dimension of interest.

If you can arrange to pay your bill in cash, you can get a considerable discount. Our bill was shaved by 11%, which would be worth making a few trips to the plentiful ATMs.

This was a highly enjoyable - even relaxing - stay at the Sirkeci Konak. Thank you TripAdvisor for the No. 1 ranking, which made our choice so simple, and was confirmed by our experience.

1  Thank Brockles
Reviewed 20 October 2009

A very nice familylike hotel , well located and delivering a high quality service

Reviewed 20 October 2009

We stayed at the Sirkeci Konak for four nights in October and really enjoyed it. It is a lovely hotel, very clean and well kept; the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is excellent with a large choice of food; in the afternoon between 16:30 and 18:30 tea and simit (lovely bread sandwich) is provided in the lobby and is complimentary. There are two restaurants - one dedicated to fish and the other multi choice. The food is very, very good and the service is excellent. The Turkish wines are excellent too. We would recomment this hotel to anybody and would like to stay there again.

1  Thank provatejet