“Nice small hotel in Istanbul. Clean, good...”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Hershey, PA
“Nice small hotel in Istanbul. Clean, good...”
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Nice small hotel in Istanbul. Clean, good service, good breakfast. Large rooms. 5 mins from Topkapi Palace, 10 mins from hagia Sofia. 1 min from gelhanne train stop.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I will be succinct.

Hotel Staff: Exceptional
I had an issue with a local bank's ATM machine and Ezgi was on the J-O-B, assisting me to rectify this problem, daily for 3 days. Ezgi exceeded my expectations. Agah was top-notch as well. He always had a smile, was personable, professional and busy!

Location: Second to None

Dining: Excellent
I ate dinner twice at the Sirkeci. Both times the food quality impressed me (it takes a lot to impress me). They were flexible as well, as I combined the menus from both restaurants at the hotel because I saw items from both menus that appealed to me. You cannot go wrong with a lovely dinner here.

Cleanliness: Wow
I am hard pressed to think of another hotel that I have stayed at where the housekeeping staff paid that much attention to detail.

Rooftop Terrace: What a great place to have a cold beer in the afternoon after a long day of sightseeing! The view is superb.

Secret Tidbit: The towels are sublime. I have sensitive skin and these towels had the right softness/firmness ratio in my opinion. I liked them so much, I called the front desk and purchased 4. I did have a hell of a time packing everything in my suitcase when it was time for me to depart!

The Bottom Line: As an informed consumer you cannot go wrong with the Sirkeci Konak Hotel in Istanbul.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Bousval, Belgium
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We are just back from Istanbul after a 4 night stay at the Sirkeci Konak Hotel and I can confirm this is an excellent choice for a short term stay in Istanbul. This small hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from all the “must see” and close to the tram station (the blue line), which can take you to the modern part of the city (we enjoyed the Museum of Modern Art which is an Oasis of calm away from the busy old town). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Dilhan, from the guest relations team was always willing to direct us to places to visit and to new restaurants. We tried different restaurants owned by the same family; Anatolian, Turk and Mediterranean, the three of them on roof top, in the neighborhood of the hotel and enjoyed the combination of a nice view and a great food. The room for the children was a standard room on the 1st floor with a back / no view, rather small but nice and clean. My wife and I indulge a Deluxe room (1406) on the 4th (and last) floor, with a terrace overlooking the Gulhane Park (the park surrounding Topkaki). It is worth I and I strongly recommend it!
I was also impressed by the Turkish bath inside the hotel. It is a large room with the walls and the floor entirely covered with white marble and decorated with some elegant tiles. Why pay to try it elsewhere? We had a great stay and unless you only feel good in a big chain hotel , I do recommend this hotel.
Pierre, from Belgium

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the SKH for about a week and throughly enjoyed our stay. True to its reputation, the staff was really great and always helpful. The two young women who were the Guest Relations Team (Dilhan and Ezgi) were exceptional.
The location of the hotel near Gulhane Park was ideal, close enough to the sites to walk, but far enough to avoid the noise. There is a tram stop nearby.
Some of the standard rooms on the lower floors are a bit narrow and long - the ones with only a small window can be dark. Like many hotels in Sultanahmet, this one is in an older building; I don't think any of the rooms are identical. The best rooms are on the top floor where you get almost a full view of the park. They were kind enough to upgrade us to one of these rooms after the weekend when space opened up.
The hotel also has two restuarants and a great breakfast buffet (large selection of hot and cold foods). The seafood restaurant was excellent, as good a some of the pricier ones nearby - we ate there several times. We had dinner at the rooftop terrace on our last night in Istanbul - mostly for the view, but the Turkish fare was excellent as well.
We highly recommend this hotel and would return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is very conveniently located in Sultanahmet, directly next to the Topkapi palace walls and within strolling distance of the Hagia Sofia, Grand Bazar, etc. Breakfast, but also the food served at the Ottoman rooftop restaurant (with great view over the Bosphorus) was excellent. Most importantly, we were impressed by the very personal and hospitable service offered by the hotel staff. They really made us feel at home away from home.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Review: The Sirkeci Konak gets great reviews and does not disappoint. An excellent facility, location and an extraordinarily friendly and helpful staff made this the perfect stay for us in Istanbul.
There were many special things about our stay there, including a surprise celebration of my birthday with the owner, staff and guests joining in with the presentation of a cake and gift!
That may not be an everyday experience, but the comfortable rooms and attention to service are a foundation of a great stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Really good location close to all the major attractions and the rooms are nice. Has a small swimming pool, sauna, gym and the turkish hamman is the best! But the real stars of the hotel are the staff, they could not be more friendly or helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple