“six of the best!”

Ranked #382 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
ormskirk
“six of the best!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I returned from Istanbul just 2 days ago & I stayed at the Turvan for the 6th time.It was just as enjoyable as the previous 5! Ferhat ,Emre, Serdal (smiler) & the rest of the staff made me so welcome as always.I cannot think of a nicer place to spend my 50th birthday.
Breakfast choice was even bigger than before!
The only part I didn't enjoy was leaving!!
Here's to returning in May! Davut UK.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Yekaterinburg, Russia
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Hotel has good location in Sultanahmet and not far from Galata bridge, tram station near 200 metres from hotel. Staff is very friendly and remember all customers by the name. They offer good breakfest with coffee from coffee machine in restaurant. But if you travel solo try to book double room, not single, because price is same, but single room is very small - near 8-10m2, so there is no corridor in single room and bed stay near the room door. And when people speak in hotel corridor, they do it near your head, so it's very hard to sleep in single room, because very noisy. But when I change it on double room with small corridor in the room, that problem was solve.

Room Tip: if you travel solo order double room, not single (price is same, but size of the rooms is different)
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 864Olga_k
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Visited Turvan Hotel week and were pleased. Good location, close to the main attractions of Istanbul: Sultan Ahmed, Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofya. The hotel room is small but cozy. Dorozhelatelny hotel staff answered all our questions, where and how to get there. When we left, we denounced heavy bags, absolutely Platform is no tipping. Around the hotel are many cafes, shops selling souvenirs and handicrafts. They all work and after midnight. I liked everything, especially the sincere and sympathetic people.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Stayed with a friend for 2 nights. We liked the location as it was close to attractions in Istanbul and well commuted. There was also a choice of restaurants. Breakfast was a good meal and pleasant atmosphere.
On the downside: it could have been cleaner and the the elevator boy did not have to be so upfront about a tip.

1 Thank SammySaiK
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 5 January 2013

was there with my friends for almost a week in December and Jan. Its location in Sultanahmet area is the only thing i like about the hotel. the fact of the matter is, i cannot think about anything else that could be considered a pro.

i never thought a property with 3.5 stars would be this bad, or does it really have 3 stars..?? i dont know. The day we arrived, there was no hot water in the bathroom. we complained 4 times and 2 people came to check and they left saying something in Turkish. somehow hot water was available the next day. Apart from the guy at the reception, nobody else speaks a word of English.
The room was shabby and there was not even a carpet in the bathroom which had midieval fittings. They did make up the room everyday though. We could here almost everything from other rooms and outside the building even though the windows were shut.
Their "high speed internet" was the slowest i have ever used. Had to buy a 3G pack on my mobile for my personal use.

It gives you an impression of a seedy lodge, to be utterly honest. Not making such a mistake again.!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The hotels security guard harassed us asking us to join him for dinner and the likes. We weren't scared more annoyed than anything but it would be intimidating for a female traveling alone. Worse though is that the receptionist seemed to condone the behavior. The bathroom was filthy, you arrive feeling cleaner than when you leave. Redeeming quality our shuttlebus to the airport was on time and allowed us to get out of the place ASAP.

1 Thank SSSBBQ
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Due to a logistical flaw/anomaly on my part, all I needed was a cheap, clean, safe hotel room for my first night in Istanbul, near where a friend was staying. Turvan was cheap (60 TL for a single room, I think), clean enough, and safe on a quiet street.

When I went to check out in the morning, the desk attendant said I broke a rule the previous night, and they had it on camera. Obviously I knew I didn't break a rule, none were posted anywhere, and the night attendant (who sold me my room in the evening and was there when I returned at night) didn't inform me of any rules either. Naturally, I argued / refused to pay an extra fee. They didn't take kindly to that.

I'm only giving this hotel a Poor rating (rather than Terrible) because the room was sufficient. But if the room were worse, they'd get a worse rating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo