“The Best Game Ever”
Review of Istrapped - CLOSED

Istrapped
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Anger Room is open now!!! Think about a room designed specially for you to relieve your stress? Get in the room, break everthing, scream as much as you want... It's all for you to help feel more relaxed.
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited Istrapped today. We entered on time and immediately started the game. No instructions were given, you have to guess it by yourself. There are a lot of puzzles that need your attention and allow you to be a detective for one hour. If you needed help, a voice will interact and give you a hint - hints are given in English for foreigners -. A very helpful note is about the exact address, if you want to go there by metro, step out at Şişhane and go stright forward till you reach Palazzo Donizetti Hotel, Istrapped is on the building right next to the Palazzo keeping it on your right. I truly advise every tourist in Istanbul to visit this place. It's very fun for kids and a very unusual and unique game.

1  Thank Leen A
There are newer reviews for Istrapped

Reviewed 7 August 2014

A highlight of an amazing trip to Istanbul. Highly recommended. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. This was a unique experience, and if you have the time after you have seen the sights of Istanbul, definitely book into this.
The only downside is that the apartment was quite difficult for us to find- we were walking in circles searching for it- it is absolutely imperative that you know exactly where you are going before you set out, as the locals (helpful though they are) mostly have not heard of Istrapped.
Myself and my two friends absolutely loved this activity and had so much fun trying to 'crack the clues'.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The challenge starts with finding the location of Istrapped! But, it is well worth it upon arrival. (I am copying directions that helped us find it...Go into Asmali Mescit Caddesi keeping the Palazzo Donizetti Hotel to your right. The first building you see on the right after the hotel is the one you're looking for. Open the gate, and just climb up the steps and you'll see the IsTrapped logo on the list of tenants by the door buzzer.) After a day of sightseeing, my family (three teenage boys) was ready for an interactive game/challenge. You are locked in a room and have 60 minutes to figure out a series of clues/puzzles. If you get really stuck, the "game master" reluctantly provides a clue (English is limited). The game is very creative and interactive and everyone has a chance to contribute. We all agreed it was well planned out, difficult but solvable. (However, we made it to the last clue but ran out of time.!)

Side Note: Make sure you have a watch to keep track of your time. Also, this is a single room operation. If you arrive early, you will need to wait outside until the room is ready. If you arrive late you will cut into your game time.

1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed 4 August 2014

As a couple, when I first heard about Istrapped (on Tripadvisor) I thought, 'That sounds like the most amazing thing ever! Or...... a plot for a horror/gore film waiting to happen'. Fortunately it was the latter. Although I was slightly cautious walking up some lonely stairs to a random apartment, it was definitely worth facing my apprehension and taking part.
It was brilliant. So much fun and HARD. I really didn't think it would be so difficult but that's a good thing. I think it would have been easier as a 3 or 4 rather than a 2 as we didn't manage to 'escape' (but we were very close!) but that didn't lessen our experience at all.
If it's the sort of thing you think you'd like then DO IT! I'm just sad we couldn't do it all over again!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been to this house to the courtesy of one of our business friends from New York who had booked for his family.We also joined to the team.
Very exciting experience as you find yrself locked up at a house and try to find how to open the locks with different puzzles.We could not manage to escape on time limit.Good experience,must try another time.