All reviews antique shops washer dryer orhan pamuk apartment style galata tower tophane tram station beyoglu area offered tea home away from home boutique hotel coffee machine istiklal street narrow streets cafes and restaurants quiet street turkish breakfast small bathroom
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Spent four lovely days at Hammamhane. Aside from the superb location, this place has it all: great rooms in a beautiful building, an excellent selection for breakfast served in a lovely extended kitchen (or outdoors on the verandah) and, above all, friendly and helpful staff who made us feel instantly at home. Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elsbeth W
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The hotel is very delightful. Me and my family loves the place, great location and great service. The staff is very helpful and kind. Room furnuture is so modern and the daily breakfast is exceptional!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Had 3 days at this great "aparthotel" in the Çukurcuma district of Cihangir, Beyoğlu, Istanbul. It's surrounded by antique. furniture and junk shops. The room was excellent: huge, great bed, cooker, fridge and washer/drier. Bathroom a bit pokey but adequate. Lovely Turkish breakfast down stairs. Loads of info about getting about. Be warned however the area is VERY hilly. Downhill towards the tram stop id fine up towards the restaraunts and shops at Cihangir Square or İstiklal Caddesi is steepl If you have a bad knee as I do it can be difficult. That being said it is an excellent hotel at an excellent price, and I would choose it over The Four Seasons (where we had a 2 night splurge) when we next visit Istanbul.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrSAH
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I stayed at Hammamhane for 4 nights during my recent trip to Istanbul. This place was wonderful! The hotel service was excellent, and every one was extremely friendly and helpful, ensuring that we were totally taken care of and at complete ease. The location is central and within walking distance to great cafes, restaurants and shops. Every morning we had a lovely breakfast within the outside cafe area of the hotel with the sun shining. It was a perfect choice for us and I would highly recommend. We would definitely return here.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

This gem of a hotel is situated in a lovely little area away from the touristy parts of Istanbul but close to many shops and restaurants and close enough to the tramway and Galeta tower and seaside that it is easy to get to the areas you need. Honestly, I could not love the location any more. The area felt safe to walk back at night and I enjoyed the more authentic feel of the neighborhood.
The hotel itself is sparkling clean with a perfect mix of modern and Turkish decor with beautiful outdoor spaces for coffee and watching the world pass by. The rooms are super comfortable and the BEDS - best I slept in Turkey! The breakfast is soo delicious and plentiful and the service - the SERVICE! From the minute we checked in all they wanted to do was help us out and provide us an inside view to their city. I even left my necklace there and they found it and helped my get it back before my flight left for the states! I would recommend this hotel again and again - bravo for getting it right and thank YOU for letting me stay here!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends