All reviews antique shops washer dryer orhan pamuk apartment style galata tower tophane tram station beyoglu area offered tea home away from home boutique hotel coffee machine istiklal street narrow streets cafes and restaurants quiet street turkish breakfast small bathroom
Reviewed 28 December 2017

My six-day stay in Istanbul was wonderful, thanks in no small part to the comforts of my room and the help of the staff at Hammamhane. The building is modern, nicely laid-out, the elevator is a great convenience, and the common areas are welcoming. In addition to nice furnishings and bathroom fixturing, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my room's kitchenette had a washer/dryer, which saved me the time and trouble of looking for a laundromat in an unfamiliar city. Breakfasts were good, although the standard offering (a tray of nine small dishes) is a lot of food for just one person! The location is great, not at all touristy, but a nice, safe, quiet neighborhood in Beyoglu with galleries and antique shops, convenient to the Tophane tram station (a 15-min walk) and to Istiklal Street (a 10-min walk). The only difficulty I experienced was with internet access -
wireless router connection to the internet was intermittent at times, but if I had trouble getting online in my room, I could usually sit in the lounge and log in from there. (In any case, it was much better than internet connectivity that I experienced in Jordan or Egypt!) Only on my last morning did I discover the "alternate entrance" through a little patio area around a windowed dome over what will someday be the hammam, I'm told. I'd love to return to Istanbul and to Hammamhane sometime, especially when the hammam becomes available! Bülent was very helpful with advice in advance of and during my stay, as was his assistant Bilal - thanks to both of them for making my stay at Hammamhane so comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ehk04107
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

From the moment we stepped inside the hotel until we left, we felt at home. In fact, with the rainy weather during our stay in Istanbul, we didnt want to leave our room!

To say that the hotel was designed beautifully is an understatement. I loved the "old feel" in the communal areas and the modern look of our room. It was very spacious!

One caveat though, is that the bathroom/toilet could be bigger.

Amenities and facilities inside the room are complete. It's like having your own kitchen!

The kitchen in the breakfast lounge is definitely one I envy. Plus their breakfast is like a feast!

From the hotel, you can walk to Cihangir where there are lots of hip and trendy restaurants and cafe. Although there are also cafes along the street near Hammamhane.

Buke and Bulent were very accommodating and helpful as well as the other staff.

Next time, I'd definitely want to stay longer!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank pswanderlust
Bulent T, Genel Müdür at Hammamhane, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear Pswanderlust
Thank you for the nice review and wonderful comments! The staff and I are so glad you stayed with us.
What we do is in amateur way to host our guests trying to make them happy and feel it at home.
Holiday seasons around the corner ; We wish you have a great Happy New Year with your loved ones.
Hope to see you soon ..
Hammamhane staff

Reviewed 17 December 2017

This is a great hotel with a homely feeling. Much attention to the details to make your stay comfortable. I liked spacious room, bathroom amenities with mandarin smell and underfloor heating though out. All staff working there are extremely friendly and accommodating. Cost of taxi to/from the hotel is around 80 TL. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and will stay there next time. Thank you, guys, for making our short stay memorable.

Room Tip: There are only 14 rooms in this hotel and I suppose that all of them are great
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Bulent T, Genel Müdür at Hammamhane, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Katep
Thank you for choosing Hammamhane and taking the time to write such a positive feedback and for the compliments regarding our hotel, our service and the team, that is a great motivation. We are delighted the hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that we can host you again in another time for your next trip to Istanbul. Thanks ....

Reviewed 14 December 2017

our stay was very confortable,
the staff was welcoming very helpful always ready. The position of the structure is perfect. quiet and quiet but close to supermarket and tram stores. The decor is nice and the breakfast varies

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Nino
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words about our hotel. We are thrilled to read that you have been extremely happy with our service and location as well. Our guests’ feedback is very important for us to evaluate and improve our quality. Therefore, we do appreciate your comments.
We are looking forward to your return to Hammamhane in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We really appreciate the stay in Hammamhane in Istanbul. The hotel is situated in a nice quarter of Istanbul full of antique stores. The design of the hotel is intereresting and very comfortable. The tram connection to the old centre is not far. We will be glad to come back.

Stayed: November 2017
Bulent T, Genel Müdür at Hammamhane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Katerina
Thank you so much for sparing time to leave a review for us. It is great to read that you have been pleased with your experience at our hotel as we do our best to maintain a good quality. We really do appreciate your comments because they are very important for us to evaluate our service, and our future guests can get to know about the Hammamhane only thanks to these reviews.

Please note that we will be very happy to host you at our hotel again in your next visits to Istanbul.
Hammamhane Staff