“Perfect holiday”
Review of Apex Hotel

Apex Hotel
Ranked #486 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We enjoyed ourselves very much this week. The hotel has a perfect location, so if you want to go to the bazaar or the mosque you only have to walk a few steps. There are also many museums and monuments. The rooms are very tidy and clean and you got everything you need for your vacation. The breakfast on the roof is very nice and the staff gives you all the service you need. So if we ever go back to the same region we will definately stay in Apex hotel again.

14  Thank strixje

Reviewed 17 June 2009

I stayed at Apex hotel in the end of May, 2009. Very nice small hotel, only 12 numbers. An ideal location - 5 minutes walking distance to historical places of Istanbul. Bedrooms and bathrooms are not so big, but comfortable, very clean with fresh towels every day. Free wireless Internet is also a nice touch. Breakfast is included up on a roof terrace with an incredible view to Bosporus and the Blue mosque. Very friendly and helpful staff. In a hall of hotel always suggested to drink a cup of tea or coffee. I think, that it is very good hotel under quite reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
14  Thank tek71
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Istanbul became one of my favorite cities because of its special atmosphere, numerous world - famous historical sights, delicious cuisine, great music and of course, very friendly people. All in all, city itself is wonderful to explore. :)

As for this hotel, I must say that it was a good choice. It is a nice little hotel with family atmosphere. The best thing about Apex Hotel is its location - in Sultanahmet, so everything that is worth seeing in Istanbul is within a short walking distance. For example it takes just approximatelly 3 (!!) minutes to walk to Blue Mosque, isn't it amazing? :)This hotel is situated quite close to Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and Hagia Sophia as well.

Rooms are decorated in a classical Turkish style, they are clean and beds are veeery comfortable ;p ..bathroom is ok too..so no problem at all.

Breakfast is served on roof terrace which has a view of the area (Blue Mosque on one side and Sea of Marmara on another side) ..simply amazing! Well, the breakfast is simple yet sufficient however I didn‘t like it very much.

And as for the staff, they are amazing! They try to do their best and to make guests feel like at home :) I really appreciate it, because actually it's the first hotel I stayed in where I saw such a friendly and helpful staff who care. In my opinion, they should add one more star * to hotel for the staff :)

Yes, it's not 5* hotel, but it's deffinitely a great place to stay. I'm sure I will stay in this hotel again next time when I come to Istanbul and I hope it will be soon!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
14  Thank adinkaaa
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Firstly let me say that the management and staff are warm, pleasant and do their best for you. Many thanks to the lovely young man, Tosun I believe, who serves breakfast.

For us, the accommodation was really not up to par, nor was it good value for money.

Our room was dark and cramped. It was one of 2 on the ground floor. The lighting was really very deficient within the room. The floor was extremely uneven to walk on. The toilet seat, in the bathroom was broken. The sink leaked over the floor, from its base, perpetually. The bathroom, like the room was extremely small.

Realising that this situation may have been confined to our particular room, when ascending the stairs to the breakfast room, where there were open doors, we did peer inside to see if there was imprved accommodation on upper floors. To us, there was not really much improvement witnessed, regarding spaciousness.

The manager was apologetic and let us know that he was aware of the standard of the room, but stated he had no other to offer. I had booked our accommodation last year. Mainly due to reading reviews on this web site. Booking that far ahead, and being in direct contact with the hotel, several times, prior to arrival, I wrongly assumed that we would be given a better room than we supplied with.

The turkish people are very kind and generous and this etablishment is no exception. Our hosts were generous, but if I had been aware before arriving in Istanbul of the standard of accommodation I woukd have booked elsewhere. Nice people do not ensure a comfortable nights sleep or bathroom experience.

Reviewed 8 June 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Apex Hotel for 3 nights from June 1-4. When we arrived, we were shown a couple different rooms and were given our choice. We were shown a decent size room with 3 single beds or a smaller room with 1 double bed. We choose the one double bed.

The room we had was pretty small. There was barely enough room to walk around the bed and no space to really put down our suitcases. I think it all depends on which double room you happen to get though. My wife said she saw another double room which was being cleaned and she said it was quite a bit bigger than ours. Also, the shower itself was pretty small and cramped.

The cleanliness of the hotel and the rooms were alright. The hotel may have recently opened as advertised on their website, but the building and furnishings were definitely outdated. There were stains on the carpet and in the shower. However, the beds were comfortable and the sheets were clean. The housekeeper did a good job of making up the room, but wasn't on top of refreshing the towels and the soap in the bathroom.

The room did have a minibar in it stocked with juice and water. The AC in the room worked well. There was a small TV in the room as well.

The guys at the front desk were all very friendly and helpful.

There is breakfast in the morning up on the terrace. It was very basic. Breads and pastries with various flavors of jams. I enjoyed the rolls with the Lokella Hazelnut spread. There was also a plate with cheese and coldcuts. However, nothing was kept cold or on ice. Also, everything was open and once in a while a bird would fly onto the table and start nibbling at the crumbs.

The strongpoint of the Apex hotel is definitely the location. It is a very short walk to the Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. The tram stop is also pretty close.

If you are looking for a no frills, yet relatively clean hotel to sleep in at night with a perfect location then I suggest a stay at the Apex Hotel. However, if you are looking for something new and modern, this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandstorm
Reviewed 3 June 2009

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a great 6 day stay. The hotel is in a perfect location in a relatively quiet road just around the corner from a street of cafes, restaurants and rug shops and less than five minutes from the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. The inclusive breakfast is adequate. The rooms are adequate, as you will be out and about the sites or local cafes.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank cgtree
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We just returned from 4 nights in Istanbul; the last three spent at the Apex Hotel. This hotel is in a great location , so close to everything important to visit in Istanbul. My husband and I were really overwhelmed by the helpful and friendly staff. They even filled our request for a bucket of ice late at night so we could try some Raki! Where does THAT happen in Europe? a BUCKET of ICE ! This place is a good value too; the rooms are comfortable with T.V. ( if you really must watch the news) and the rate includes an adequate breakfast on their rooftop terrace. We would absolutely recommend APEX to anyone traveling to Istanbul.

14  Thank kchurch49