“Great food and value”

Ciya Sofrasi
Ranked #78 of 13,397 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bay Area, CA
“Great food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stumbled onto this unpretentious but excellent restaurant while walking around Katakoy. Lovely lamb dish with cherries--memorable. Nice outdoor dining. Later we found out from friends that this is one of the hot spots for foodies.. We just found it to be really nice!

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
“Good restaurant in the asian side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Food is very nice...enjoyed it alot..but portions were small...service was little bit slow because it was crowded..atmosphere is the best...where you sit outside and enjoy the weather and enjoy eating with everyone else in restaurants beside you.
iskandar kabab is the best :)
If you visit the asian side in Istanbul,Gotta pass by Ciya Sofrai

• Visited May 2014
Nablus, Palestinian Territories
“Unjustified prices.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

In a day I was in Kadikoy, and because I've heard a lot about Ciya, I decided to visit it.
It has two restaurants, one for grilled Kebab and other things and the other one for Iskender Kebab, appetizers and Turkish cuisines.
I saw a lot of people inside the restaurant most of them look Europeans , yes they have a lot of dishes and a good salad and appetizers chooses but actually you need a guide to tell you what you should do to order what you want.
I saw the menu, they have Turkish and English menu, I didn't recognize the names of the cuisines, but there was a description under each name, according to the menu I ordered something and I assumed it's going to be a delicious thing, then I was choked with a small soup dish costs about 35 Turkish Lira.
I didn't rate terrible based on the quality of the food, it was a good thing I think, I can't specify the taste of it, but the reason why I rated terrible because it really was very expensive without a reasonable justification.
I really can't understand why this restaurant is so famous among tourists, I don't think it is an unforgettable experience in Istanbul, there are away much better restaurants in Istanbul where you can really have an unforgettable local food experience.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank khamsah
Toronto, Canada
“First time at Ciya Sofrasi for authentic Ottoman dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

On the recommendations of our son (Bassem), and also invited by our youngest son Hani, we had the chance to taste and appreciate authentic Ottoman Ciya Sofrasi dishes offered. Since both our sons had already tasted few of the dishes, we selected three dishes. One of the we ordered was Gazientep dish, in yogurt, Kibbi like having hummus beans plus more, the dish was very tasty. However, I liked even more what our son had ordered: small Kofta with cherry tomatoes and cherries, amazingly tasty dish. In addition, we also had plate of stuffed eggplant and very tasty plate of mixed salad to share, with known and first time tasting in-known ingredients.
Ciya is famous for offering authentic dishes, from various regions of Turkey, according to the original recipes (with full credit to its developer). All Ciya dishes are prepared from fresh ingredients. All three Ciya Restaurants are accross each other in the midst of very busy area, with other restaurants. Make a pick of your choice.
Service was very efficient in an air conditioned second floor seating area. Ground level seating favored by the smokers. Strongly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
Alexandria, Egypt
“Very good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We'll from couple of days I have gone to this restaurant with a Turkish friend , the location is very near kadikoy and the waiters are so amazing and smiling , the food was nice very good not excellent , i can not say that this is the most good restaurant i have gone in Istanbul but it is one of the best , I don't know about the price due that my friend has paid but I guess it was moderate

• Visited June 2014