“Authentic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ciya Sofrasi
Ranked #78 of 13,374 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Çiya is located on the Asian side in Kadiköy, and is accessible by ferry. They have three restaurants on the same street so you can't miss them. I stopped in with a group of friends and we were seated upstairs. Çiya offers a variety of different mezzes (hot/cold) so you can pick and choose what you'd like to eat based on what's available that day. Prices will vary because they are determined by the weight of your plate.

Because we were a large group (10), we asked the manager to select our dishes for us, with the goal of sharing each dish. We were brought 5 vegetarian and 5 non-vegetarian dishes at intervals - this allowed us to savor our dishes without being rushed . I have to be honest - I don't remember everything that we ate, but I can tell you that the food was delicious and fresh - definitely worth the trek over from the European side. The meal was very affordable at 24TL a piece. Çiya is in the fish market, so once you've passed all the fish and produce, you'll find the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“the place in istanbul….”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

this is an amazing place to enjoy typical turkish cuisine!and the best of all it is really good value….just get a taxi boat to Kadikoy…Only ten minutes walk from the pier……

Visited June 2014
1 Thank greenwindow65
Bay Area, CA
“Great food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stumbled onto this unpretentious but excellent restaurant while walking around Katakoy. Lovely lamb dish with cherries--memorable. Nice outdoor dining. Later we found out from friends that this is one of the hot spots for foodies.. We just found it to be really nice!

Visited June 2014
Doha, Qatar
“Good restaurant in the asian side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Food is very nice...enjoyed it alot..but portions were small...service was little bit slow because it was crowded..atmosphere is the best...where you sit outside and enjoy the weather and enjoy eating with everyone else in restaurants beside you.
iskandar kabab is the best :)
If you visit the asian side in Istanbul,Gotta pass by Ciya Sofrai

• Visited May 2014
Nablus, Palestinian Territories
“Unjustified prices.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

In a day I was in Kadikoy, and because I've heard a lot about Ciya, I decided to visit it.
It has two restaurants, one for grilled Kebab and other things and the other one for Iskender Kebab, appetizers and Turkish cuisines.
I saw a lot of people inside the restaurant most of them look Europeans , yes they have a lot of dishes and a good salad and appetizers chooses but actually you need a guide to tell you what you should do to order what you want.
I saw the menu, they have Turkish and English menu, I didn't recognize the names of the cuisines, but there was a description under each name, according to the menu I ordered something and I assumed it's going to be a delicious thing, then I was choked with a small soup dish costs about 35 Turkish Lira.
I didn't rate terrible based on the quality of the food, it was a good thing I think, I can't specify the taste of it, but the reason why I rated terrible because it really was very expensive without a reasonable justification.
I really can't understand why this restaurant is so famous among tourists, I don't think it is an unforgettable experience in Istanbul, there are away much better restaurants in Istanbul where you can really have an unforgettable local food experience.

• Visited February 2014