“Best quality food on Istiklal”
Review of Konak Restaurant

Konak Restaurant
Ranked #4,376 of 13,988 Restaurants in Istanbul
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed 13 July 2013

All said - wonderful setting (ask for a balcony seat), great food, decadent decor. Enjoy your experience!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I was unfortunately attracted by the luxurious decor and the moment I entered I was received by a waiter who tried to offer very excessive quantity of food, that was reduced to half by me and yet when served found very large portions. I tried to request the waiter and the manager to return one portion but they refused with terrible attitude. They should have told us about the right quantity of food like normally happens in decent restaurants. They turned off my mood and my family's we hardly ate half of the food because of quantity and bad taste. When I told them that I will write bad review about the restaurant and staff attitude they arrogantly didn't care and said write whatever you want. I advise not to try this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Today, while walking on Istiklal Caddesi, we decided to eat some dessert. We choose Konak Restaurant - placed at the starting terminal of the red tram.
It was not the first time for us to enter this place, we have eaten last year in the same place.
We ordered some desserts, including Asure (specific Turkish dessert that includes lot of fruits). It tasted a little funny and than I've discovered that it was partially covered with mold.
I presented this to the waiter and he said "Yes, yes" and left. We tried to talk to him, but he just brought us another Asure dessert, without at least trying to apologize. Than he left. Again.
So we went to him and explained that we don't want to pay for a stale and rotten product. At the end they accepted for us not to pay the dessert with mold, but their attitude was very rude and they did not even tried to apologize.
So my advice is to stay away from that place. By the way, this kind of attitude is uncharacteristic for Turkish services, especially in the food area.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is a good restaurant in a nice location and good food. However, they always try to bring you too much food and too many sides even though it is clear it is too much food. And of course, they make you pay for it. That is not very honest of them and clearly they want to explore tourists. We saw that happening with other people int he restaurant and we even got one customer advising us to be careful of that.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Interesting reading few reviews on here. We went here three times on a recent visit and it was fantastic. The service is excellent though a little regimented. It seems there is a hierarchy of waiters. The ones in jackets take orders and the ones without cart the food around. What amazed me was how great the service was and pleasant the staff considering our bill was never more than about £10 a head!!

It is ahuge place over 4 floors. When you enter you get the smell of baking bread. They have a kiln at the back and you can watch them making flat bread as you pass. So the last comment about old bread is hillarious. Our bread was always fresh and staright from the oven.

This is basic kebabs, meatballs, meze and lentil soup but done so well and huge portions. The meatballs are an explosion of flavour.

No alcohol but you must try the turnip juice. Ask for the spicy version. its purple!! Lovely place for a good value lunch in the shopping area of Beyoglu.

Been to Konak Restaurant? Share your experiences!