“Go for the view”

Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Go for the view”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The views here are wonderful. As good as the Galata Tower and there is plenty of space inside and outside. It has a lift to the top and there is a small staircase for an inside glass view or outside roof terrace. They have lovely plants and decor is good. We only had coffees and shared a cafe. Both were average and price was high but it was worth it for the views of the city.
We went fairly early 11.30am and it was quite busy with people coming for early lunch.

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Cairo
“Wouldn't recommend it!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The place is EXPENSIVE for what it has to offer! The food is below average! I've had better Kebob from food trucks on campus in the US!!

• Visited November 2013
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
“Best quality food on Istiklal”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

All said - wonderful setting (ask for a balcony seat), great food, decadent decor. Enjoy your experience!

Visited July 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“bad service and bad food-keep away”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I was unfortunately attracted by the luxurious decor and the moment I entered I was received by a waiter who tried to offer very excessive quantity of food, that was reduced to half by me and yet when served found very large portions. I tried to request the waiter and the manager to return one portion but they refused with terrible attitude. They should have told us about the right quantity of food like normally happens in decent restaurants. They turned off my mood and my family's we hardly ate half of the food because of quantity and bad taste. When I told them that I will write bad review about the restaurant and staff attitude they arrogantly didn't care and said write whatever you want. I advise not to try this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Bucharest, Romania
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Today, while walking on Istiklal Caddesi, we decided to eat some dessert. We choose Konak Restaurant - placed at the starting terminal of the red tram.
It was not the first time for us to enter this place, we have eaten last year in the same place.
We ordered some desserts, including Asure (specific Turkish dessert that includes lot of fruits). It tasted a little funny and than I've discovered that it was partially covered with mold.
I presented this to the waiter and he said "Yes, yes" and left. We tried to talk to him, but he just brought us another Asure dessert, without at least trying to apologize. Than he left. Again.
So we went to him and explained that we don't want to pay for a stale and rotten product. At the end they accepted for us not to pay the dessert with mold, but their attitude was very rude and they did not even tried to apologize.
So my advice is to stay away from that place. By the way, this kind of attitude is uncharacteristic for Turkish services, especially in the food area.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Konak Restaurant? Share your experiences!