“What a fantastic evening!”
Review of Mikla Restaurant

Good for: View, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our evening at Mikla could have not been better! We had a reservation on a weekend trip for Saturday. We wanted a fine dining experience in a beautiful location with a view over Istanbul and definitely were not disappointed. We arrived early and decided to have a drink at the bar. Coming from England I have had a fair amount of gin and tonic in my time, but this one was definitely the best one I have ever had! We took it on the terrace and felt very special to be able to be there, and enjoy the spectacular view, It was definitely the perfect start to our night! When the table was ready, we opted for the 3 course menu, as we didn't feel like a 7 course meal (and 7 glasses of wine!). This is personal, everything sounded delicious and it definitely lived up to the expectations from what we saw and heard from the neighbouring table (and American/Turkish couple). We chose a Turkish white wine with the help of the incredibly friendly and attentive waitress. We then were treated to probably one of the best dining experiences we have ever had! The food was outstanding, the presentation beautifully done and the service attentive but not overwhelming. Portion size was just right. I chose a Turkish fish starter and for my main vegetable Manti. The flavours were perfectly balanced with freshness, spice and texture beautifully complementing each other. We simply had a great time and just had a perfect evening! Thank you for this fabulous experience!

There are newer reviews for Mikla Restaurant

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I actually live in Istanbul and have been looking forward to having dinner at Mikla for a while now. My husband and I both had the tasting menu and matching beverages for dinner. The quality of the food, service and general atmosphere of the restaurant was superb. I really appreciated the way local products were served unconventionally - a big round of applause for Mikla's creative kitchen and, of course, Mehmet Gürs! Definitely a great choice for dinner; but make sure you know that even if you choose a la carte, it's still a bit like a tasting menu.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

What a way to end a wonderful adventure in Istanbul. We had the most fantastic meal while watching the sun set and then the lights come on in the city. A great view in all directions. The service was spot on. The food was just wonderful. I had the grouper and it was the best dinner we had on our vacation, just over the top. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine that was suggested. I would not hesitate to pick the Mikla Restaurant for a special evening.

1  Thank godschild333
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by some friends. It is really a special occasion, last night of the holidays kind of place. Yes the view is wonderful and has been well written about, the menu is confusing as you only have two choices. Either the A La Carte or Taster Menu. The A La Carte is 150 TL for 3 courses, these are small portions of very tasty food.....but if you are very hungry, that could be a problem. One table close to us asked for more bread! Another table of 3 studied the menu and left. The wine was good but pricey.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The rooftop bar for pre-dinner drinks and to watch the sun set is absolutely amazing! Food in the restaurant was lovely and the service was really good. Loved the bar so much we went back after dinner and had a few more while taking in the view. Would recommend to everyone who wants a really nice night out in Istanbul.