All reviewspillow menuclose to the train stationold townboutique hotelwalked everywhereturkeyperfect place to stayhotel ownerwe loved our staycomfortable bedsfresh orange juiceexcellent hotelside streeta great stayspecial thanksgalata bridgewould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Great place with pleasant stay .... a very good and cooperative group especially the owner of the hotel ( manger) she help us as a family indeed.

Besides every thing is nearby We like the park of golhana and it is so near to the hotel for a great walk early morning .

My next trip stay in Istanbul for sure gonna be in the same hotel:)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Raoof B
BarberaHotel, Manager at Barbera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy you were able to enjoy Gülhane Park and will love to host you and your family in the future.

Best,
Jenna

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The decoration of the Hotel is excellent.breakfast really delicious.Staff very friendly.cozy hotel.
Location is very good.
You can walk everywhere.palace.museum.etc.
I recommend to everyone .
Definitelly l will come again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Pirhasan Ö
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

It was a wonderful days to live in this hotel . I really enjoy every single moment there - the team was so gentle. Especially Jena - she worked so hard to make us feel as in home . Certainly we will visit barbera hotel again.

Regards
Awatef Kuwait

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Awatef E
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I stayed at the Barbera hotel when overnighting in Istanbul, on the basis of its location and reviews I had read. I arrived from my flight quite early, so the room was not ready, however Jenna and the lovely waiting staff made me feel very welcome, offered refreshments and then gave me a good rundown on nearby attractions (being in Sultanahmet there is plenty to choose from) to keep me occupied for a couple of hours. In my opinion you couldn't ask for a better location in the old city. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal, the train station and tram line, or a 10 minute walk into the historical centre. Being on a small side street, the Barbera is very quiet at night, and I did not notice any street noise. I was given a 4th-floor room, with a balcony (it has some view of the water). Being on the top floor, my room was not square, with odd angles in the roof and walls, and yet it had been very pleasantly finished. I am not too tall, and think that very tall people may feel a bit cramped in that room, and a lower floor may be better in that way - similarly, the luggage space in that room is limited due to the sloping roof, and people with a large amount of luggage may find it difficult to manage. The furnishings are of a high standard, with a sumptuous bed, nice quilt and a selection of high-end pillows that has to be seen to be believed. The air conditioning worked well, and I slept wonderfully. A minibar and nice tea/coffee facilities are provided. The tea room/cafe adjoining reception is tasteful and a very pleasant place to sit and enjoy a chai or coffee. The impression it left me with was of a quiet oasis into which you can step from the bustle of the old city. Jenna arranged an airport shuttle transfer for me the following morning at a reasonable price, and as I was leaving before the dining room opened, the staff bagged up a light breakfast for me to eat on the way. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are smaller due to the roof line, but compensate with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank BradWPerth
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I stayed here for two nights - first trip to Istanbul and I am grateful for the warm hospitality and helpfulness shown by the team. They went out of their way to highlight key places to visit from a local perpsective, helped with directions and even helped secured me a seat to witness the Whirling Dervishes. The location of the hotel is very good as it is a short walk to the best tourist sites but it is away from the hustle and bustle so there was no congestion or noise pollution.The breaskfast was good too - I would definitely return to this hotel and will be recommending this to my family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends