“Best meal we had in Istanbul!”

Pasazade Restaurant Ottoman Cuisine
Ranked #49 of 13,534 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Best meal we had in Istanbul!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had dinner here following Trip Advisor reviews, and dinner here ended up being our best meal of the trip. The restaurant is very nicely decorated, with great outdoor and indoor seating (we sat outside).

The meal was great (I highly recommend the stuffed pasta as a starter) and the service was first class!

• Visited July 2014

Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fantastic experience..”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Pasazade Restaurant was listed in our guidebook as being one of the best in the Sultanahmet district (in truth it's actually just outside the area on the way to Topkapi Palace) so we decided to give it a try. We are so glad we did. It really was the nicest place to eat that we visited during our whole stay in Istanbul. The waiters were courteous and polite, not at all pushy like most in the area- anyone who has been to Istanbul will know what I'm talking about. We sat outside, which was nice and cool, you can sit and watch the world go by as you wait for your food to be served. Speaking of food, it was amazing. Everything was fresh and tasted delicious. We especially recommend the Mathmudiye, the variation served at this restaurant was fantastic in terms of aesthetic and taste. The waiters asked us if the food was OK and were always on hand to top up our drinks. If you do decide to visit this restaurant you will not be disappointed. Check out the bar on the sixth floor of the building- it offers stunning views of Istanbul and the Hagia Sophia. We will return to The Pasazade the next time we travel to this great city. Thanks and keep up the fantastic service!

1 Thank Andrew M
Montreal
“Service, atmosphere and tasty food.... Can't ask for more!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Went there to celebrate our anniversary, good choice. Make reservations to ensure a spot. From the moment we walked in we were pampered by the manager and his team. Superb service and a nice pace to the dinner. Great atmosphere in the restaurant and everyone seemed to be having a good time. It was recommended by my mother in law who happened to travel to Istanbul a couple weeks ahead of us... we in turn recommended to other relatives who went in June. Throughout the meal the manager checked in on us and we had pleasant conversations, even took us up to the outside terrace to view the nightime sights. Food was very good and delivered on expectations and value. If you are looking for quality food, convenient location, excellent service, good atmosphere and an affordable dinner.... voila. Thanks again to the Pasazade team and it's manager for a great evening!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vailboy1
Jaipur, India
“Good food excelent service”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a very classy restaurant with well trained personnel.
The maître D. went out of his way to serve us.
We had the chicken rolls and the lamb stew. Both quite good.

1 Thank syan0vich
Surrey England
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We'd seen the reviews for this restaurant so asked our hotel to book.We did not regret it.
As soon as we approached the premises I sensed I would like it.There was no one outside hassling you to go in and the tables were set with nice crisp white napkins and the diners were not a rowdy bunch as you get in some places.
My husband had a beer and I had campari/soda.We were brought a little dip and offered a choice of bread which came round frequently.We had a table just on the outside of the covered part of the restaurant so could observe comings and go-ings in the street.
We shared the meze platter which was very good then my husband had the chicken stuffed with pistachio and spinach which he said was very nice and I had very tender slow cooked lamb with honey,raisins and cardoman.I asked for pilaf instead of the greens they were offering.
For dessert we shared the Sultan's plate--little portions of two types of baklava,semolina halva,a rice pudding,fruit and icecream.Of all of these we both preferred the baklava.
It was a lovely evening and in fact we returned two nights later for another really pleasant evening when my husband had a green leaf and cheese salad followed by beef slices with apricots and nuts and I had the Esme salad-a mix of finely chopped tomatoes ,cucumber and couscous.It was too much for me to finish as I wanted to do justice to the chicken dish R. had eaten the other evening.
For dessert he had a sponge pudding in syrup and I had baklava.We shared a bottle of Turkish sauvignon blanc.
Both bills were very reasonable.

1 Thank Mummygaot