“Beautiful view and delicious food”
Review of Imbat Restaurant - CLOSED

Imbat Restaurant
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here in May. Delicious food and the service is great. The view was beautiful overlooking the city and Water as the night lights came on. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Nelson V
There are newer reviews for Imbat Restaurant

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had gotten this restaurant from Trip Advisor. It was truly excellent. It is located on the 8th floor of the the Hotel building so the view was wonderful. They have 2 sittings, one at 7:00 pm and the other at 9:15 pm. We had the late sitting. The restaurant was totally full. You need to make reservations.
I started with the shrimp which was extremely large shrimp and then I had the lamb which was excellent. The portion was large enought to share for 2 people. My husband had the lamb shoulder which he said was the best he every had.

It was my birthday and they surprised me with a complimentary birthday cake and coffee. The cake was also excellent.

The only thing was that the service between the appetizer and the mani course was a little fast. We thought it might have been because they brought out the surprise desert. If we had been in Istanbul another night we would have gone back.

Extra bonus was that they were located only 1 block from our Hotel which we did not know when we made the reservation. Price for 2 people was $70 including glasses of wine.

2  Thank milomorganville
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a great time despite the rain - food was excellent and not too expensive. Hotel made booking which I think is important as seating capacity is small

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A friend told us to go here & we loved it so much that we booked to come back again on our last night. Great views over the city. The service & the food (gluten free available) were incredible!! The prices are really reasonable too. Best to book in advance as it's only a small restaurant! Enjoy!!

1  Thank Tahlea G
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We booked this after looking at the good reviews received on trip advisor and we were not let down. On arrival at the Orient hotel we were quite put off and almost left, thank goodness we didn't as the meal in the restaurant turned out to be the best we had in Istanbul, and the service was professional but friendly. The lamb just melted in your mouth and indeed every course could not be faulted. Having a nice view also adds to the ambience and I would recommend to anyone. They have two sittings and we took the later one which was a little late which was the only downside as the early sitting was just too early, we would rather eat around 8.30on and it was 10pm before we started eating, but it was well worth it.