“Great food and great view”
Review of Imbat Restaurant - CLOSED

Imbat Restaurant
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 20 May 2014

When we arrived, we realized that we had booked for the wrong date, and the restaurant was fully booked. Fortunately they managed to find us a table for two, and with great views of the Galata Bridge, Bosphorus and Istanbul. Meze starters were okay, nothing special. Main courses were better - the Lamb Tombalak was excellent, even if it was not what expected. Also the Mistanya Baked Lamb was a treat, very tender meat.
They even surprised the birthday girl with a mixed dessert plate with firecrackers and birthday song at no extra charge. Extra kudos to the attentive (but never intrusive) waiters.

(Sorry we cheated you out of your tips, guys - when you pay with credit card you can not choose to add tip to the amount - and we had no cash.)

There are newer reviews for Imbat Restaurant

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This restaurant is part of the Neorion/Orient Express hotel group and was suggested to us by the staff at the Neorion Hotel. (See separate review). The hotel is on the top floor of the Orient Express Hotel and has an area for outside eating.

The choice of food includes both Turkish style as well as modern, and presentation and flavours were excellent. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly. The restaurant is very popular with two sittings 7pm and 9-15pm. We chose the earlier sitting and were comfortably finished by 9-15pm without feeling rushed whatsoever. If you want outstanding food in a very pleasant environment then this is the place to go to.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We just walked in off the street, without a booking and luckily for us, they had plenty of space. The food looked really pretty and tasted even better! The views when the lights started to come on was fabulous, we didn't realize that the Bosphorus bridge had a such great light display.
It was one of the best dinners we ate during our stay - and not too expensive either. Would certainly recommend eating here.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had dinner here in mid April '14.

Due to an oversight (not by the restaurant), the reservation I'd made through a 3rd party, didn't go through. So I turned up to the 9:15pm sitting for the reservation I thought I had, but there wasn't one on record. This is where the excellent service by the staff became apparent...

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff there. They did everything possible to accommodate me and were able to find me a table to have my meal. They were very apologetic for the situation (even though it was through no fault of their own).

The food was lovely and was what you'd expect from a high-end restaurant. I found it reasonably priced.

From what I could see, the view was great.

Even though I didn't get the dining experience I was hoping for (the view etc...), I was very impressed by the service and food. If anything, it gives me an excuse to return here again one day (except this time I'll be making the reservation in person !)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We traveled to Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and Santorini in April/May of 2014. I booked a reservation at Imbat a few days prior to arriving in Istanbul because I wanted to be sure to make our first night in Istanbul special. Imbat lived up the positive reviews. I can't remember everything we ordered, but I do remember we all really enjoyed our meals(we traveled with another couple). The food was outstanding. One of dishes ordered was a fish dish that was so good and quite fresh. I also recall the meze being excellent. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was also. The outdoor seating was not being used as it was still chilly but we had a nice view next to the window. Even with plenty of food, and wine our bill was probably less that the equivalent of $45 per person. For the quality of the meal this was a great value! By the way, this was the best meal we had on the trip - it was that good!