W Istanbul
Diva's Hotel(Istanbul)
US$49
US$40
Hotels.com
Elite World Business(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$75
Agoda.com
Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$94
Agoda.com
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$823
TripAdvisor
1,512 results
All reviewsspg platinumw insiderhip hotelfabulous roomlocal callsbesiktas areadolmabahce palacehotels around the worldroom upgradehotel is locatedpublic areasrain showerturkeylocation is greatold cityasian sidetaksim square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have only arrived today and have not even slept yet but I must admit that I am not overwhelmed so far. Very nice building when you arrive and decoration is pretty good too. Staff is quite helpful and overall efficient. However, I think that there already been too many downsides:
- nice room (upgrade to Mega room, which is good but then I am missing the outdoor space I wanted) but quite dark; not great when I need to work even though there is a "work" mood for the lighting. the view is inexistent. facing a wall - small street.
- price for dry cleaning is simply outrageous. I have to get many things cleaned and hope that for the price of the best dry cleaning in Paris or London the job will be done amazingly.
- no coffee or tea in the room - this is not up to the standard. I do not even check that anymore on a website for a hotel and is missing greatly.
- internet is not free of charge. again, we are in 2013 in a hotel that is supposed to be modern and trendy...
- in room dining was ok but menu is very small.
- went for a drink to the lounge. it was empty. i asked for a whiskey and they did not have 2 of the whiskeys that were on the menu. then i changed my mind and asked for a tea (which was also on the menu) and I was told that they did not have hot water!!!!! quite unbelievable to be honest.
All in one. Far away from being impressed so far.

1  Thank JulienBLondon
Baris B, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay in our hotel

All the points you've mentioned will be examined attentively.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

the hotel is situated in a nice neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and cafe's to choose from. the double room is spacious with 2 queen size beds made from mattresses from heaven and amazing pillow cases. the service was good.
the concierge wasn't very helpful in giving information about places to go in istanbul or tour companies. their over friendliness also seems a bit intrusive at times and suspicious, e.g. we wanted to take a cab to a restaurant and we were chased by the concierge asking where we were going, so we told him and he continued to chase us and insist on calling the restaurant to make a resevertaion. this annoyed us quite a bit and when we arrived at the restaurant, it didnt need a reservation.
This hotel is more suitable for couples, and maybe a single person. the rooms have dim lighting and dark interiors. having said that, the hotel has a very modern glitzy approach to most of its interiors. the bar was lovely to have a quiet drink in.
you cant open bedroom windows.
if you're a light sleeper like me, you'll hear the lobby music beat all night long. i didnt sleep well at al!

Room Tip: if you're a light sleeper try to get a room further down the hall to be as far away from the loud lobby music which plays 24*7.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Baris B, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear W Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay in our hotel.

We are sorry that our concierge was over-friendly about the dinner reservation. But this behaviour was more professional than friendly because in the chaotic daily life of Istanbul imagine yourself coming back all the way to the hotel because it was full. He is so sensitive about your convenience that he never takes the chance of letting you go without double checking with the restaurant.

Look forward to welcoming you back into our property and city!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had reservations, having stayed in "designer" hotels during business trips and suffering because of the lack of practicality.

However, W Istanbul seems to have the balance just about right. You get the full feel of being in a cool place with fancy lighting and furnishings, but you also get desk space, good connectivity and an excellent sleep on one of the most comfortable beds I've had the pleasure of. The whole place is a bit on the dark side, but it's just about acceptable. One small point - adjusting the thermostat in the room didn't seem to make any difference, and it was a touch on the stuffy side.

The reception staff, of whom there seem to be dozens, were exceptionally welcoming and polite with a very good level of English. Some other staff I came into contact with could have had better English (such as in the bar next to the street, where I asked if I could order food, and they led me to the reception !?) They were polite enough, but surely if I'm in a bar, which has a stack of menus, and I ask for food, they should understand that, no? OK, I should learn some Turkish to use when I'm in Turkey, that's a fair point too.

The surrounding area is pleasant with some nice looking restaurants and cobbled streets. I actually nipped in to get an excellent kebab with several plates of different salads, for less than 20 lira, and that was good enough for me.

Breakfast is a nice spread. Watch out for the honeycomb - a really nice touch.

1  Thank rybblevalley

Dear W Guest,
Please let me say first of all, this was by far the most cooperative, constructive and peaceful way of commenting I've seen so far and I truly am grateful for your feedback.

We are so glad to hear that the hotels concept, surrounding facilities and team made you feel at home and cared.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We have stayed in Istanbul quite a few times over the years and we keep going back as its such an amazing vibrant City, we stayed once before at the W ,they remembered us from our previous time (or at least they made us feel like they did!) . Its cool, fun and the staff are fabulous, they are all really charming and they make you feel good.

Rooms are great. We only had breakfast and that was great. The location is the best, you can walk everywhere and the building itself is amazing. Love the fact that it is very easygoing, you can have tea or coffee or drinks in the lounge use wifi and relax and you dont feel like youre in a bog standard or formal branded hotel, but more like youre in a very cool home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear W Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay in our hotel.

We are really glad and honored to hear that the property, team and surrounding facilities were meeting your expectations and making you feel at home and cared.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights and I have mixed views on this hotel. I very much like a cool, trendy modern hotel but I feel that they have gone a little too far and are missing the point that they are still a hotel. When I arrived, on entering the hotel you feel like you are being examined by staff that think they are door men at a night club, which this isn't. Checkin was quick and easy but staff are a little "too" much. Being greeted by 5 people all huddled round a small reception desk and everyone watching the main person checking you in, isn't ideal. The hotel as any W Hotel has a cool trendy look and feel to it, and this is no different, however walking to your room down a long corridor with that had a sense of feeling like a hotel corridor of a seedy environment was strange if not different. The room was clean, tidy and fairly spacious with all the usual trimmings of a W Hotel, but........ your room is one large room with no separate bathroom. AC was good, plenty of towels and toiletries. The rooms are poorly lit, with a multitude of light switches for your mood, my room didn't have a great view, in fact it was a car park but the room only had two small windows so no natural day light. The sink is hidden by what can only describe as folding doors but as I say, not in a separate room, there was a stand-in shower, but this to was also in the main room and was not separate, it opened up facing the bed. The toilet is the only thing in a small room by itself. This is fine when you are on your own but if you are with someone, there is no privacy. There was a B&O radio, TV with some limited channels, no tea or coffee facility and two free water. Wireless is not included but when you did subscribe for 24 hours, you had to keep renewing it every morning and night??? Breakfast was quite nice but I imagine if the hotel was busy, it would be troublesome as the lay out was quite small. Service was ok, nothing special but nothing bad. You can order eggs etc if you so wish. Later in the day I wanted a coffee, you go to one lounge, they point you somewhere else, you go to the restaurant they sent you to, and then send you somewhere else so I gave up. The gym is fairly well equipped, better than other hotels that I have stayed at, limited free weights, some weight machines and cardio machines, although its a long thin room so you can feel like you are on top of others. We never ate at the restaurant for dinner but did return to the hotel bar around 11 for a final drink of the night. On entering the bar felt closed, it was dead, no one there except 2 maybe 3 people. There is one bar manager who seemed more like a general manager who wasn't quite sure where the different drinks were kept. The hotel staff need some good training, I get the young and trendy scene but they need to remember they are hotel staff and not doormen who are too busy socializing between themselves rather than helping hotel guests. Check out once again was the same as check-in, fairly quick, no frills. Would I stay again, maybe as it had everything you need but was nothing special, I am likely to try another hotel as this W doesn't make you feel like you are really the guest.

Room Tip: higher room, ask for a decent view and not of the car park!
2  Thank keegan d

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay in our hotel

All the points you've mentioned will be examined attentively.