“Cute neighbourhood location, noisy nightclub in the hotel”
Review of W Istanbul

W Istanbul
Ranked #123 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I know by now that many W Hotels have nightclubs/bars which go all night long. I mostly like the atmosphere this brings to the hotel but in Istanbul it was just a bit noisy. The no smoking rule also seems to be forgotten after dark. We were in the most basic of rooms which was lovely albeit the sleeping area was tiny but with a huge bathroom. Istanbul is a place you really want a swimming pool and sadly the W does not have one. The location, in an upscale neghbourhood, made us feel like locals and meant we explored more than just the central touristy areas.

Room Tip: The entry price room is very small
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear W Guest,

I appreciate indeed for choosing to stay with us again at W Istanbul, and for taking the time to write your review.

It is absolutely amazing to hear that you loved the location offering plenty of both upscale and casual cafes and restaurants around.Being one of the boutique posh district of the town, Akaretler row houses district dates back to 1875, extension of the Dolmabahçe Palace.

Naturally, I am disappointed to ensure a swimming pool at W.Due to our historical background and restrictions with the size of the property, we are unable to have a swimming pool.Yet, we are working on it to have one.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future for your next visit.

W ınsider

There are newer reviews for W Istanbul

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were here for our 2 night stay in Istanbul and we were not disappointed. The rooms are big, clean and comfortable. The service is great and the staff is very helpful. The hotel is located far away from the main Eminonu and Sultanahmet area and taxis can be difficult to get and expensive from the main areas back to the hotel. We took the tram back and forth and that worked out better. Would definitely stay here the next time I am in Istanbul.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear W Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us again at W Istanbul, and for taking the time to write your review.

I would like to thank you very much for your praise of W and the facilities that we have to offer. I am delighted to hear that you felt comfortable in your W room.

It was fantastic to read about your next possible stay at us.I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future for a second visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I didn't give it 5 stars but it is a wonderful hotel with a great, great staff. We loved our room with the outdoor sitting area.
The only con's were that it isn't the most convenient location and lacked some facilities that other W's have.
To it's credit, it is located next to several eating spots.. just not the historical spots.. And don't let anyone tell you that it's easy to get to them! Though there are cheap boat rides right around the corner.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear W Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us so thoroughly. I am very glad to hear that we surpassed your expectations, and I hope that you and your wife enjoyed a comfortable stay.

Thank you also for your wonderful feedback on location which has easy access to most part of the city with a local and historical atmosphere. I am sorry to note that you found location a little lacked.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you both on your new arrival. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to W Istanbul again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I Stayed with my work last month for 3 days and came back this weekend with my boyfriend. I think was so much better the second time around.
The first time was good, but this time, the staff were really great, they remembered me from my first visit and they really made us feel special, i had told the man at the desk i would come back with my partner, and we received nice attention and special touches.
the rooms are all amazing and location of the hotel is super
we ate at the hotel as it was a special occassion and the food was great, breakfast is delicious and staff are sweet. as it was raining quite a bit on the weekend, we did spend some time lounging around the hotel and they made us feel very happy it was so great!!
we will definantely come back and i wish now they open more W in spain, in madrid where we live!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Susanne,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of your visit to W Istanbul and giving us high points on the review.I appreciate your delighted comments.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our service and especially W comfort made a wonderful impression on you. You are most kind in your compliments regarding out talents and W experience overall.That will always encourage us to go further with higher service standards. I hope to welcome you back to W Istanbul very soon – perhaps on your next visit you will have the opportunity to indulge at our upcoming renovated restaurant.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the W Istanbul. It is a very nice property in a great location in Istanbul. The area is upscale, quiet, and very safe. There were several great restaurants just around the corner.

Although there were a couple of drawbacks (a bit dark for me - could have had more lights; tiny elevators - okay for 2 people but not many more; and a bit noisy on weekend nights from the club nearby), it was a great stay nonetheless. We are Platinum/5 Star Starwood members who stay at many Starwood properties all over the world and I must say that the W Istanbul staff was absolutely INCREDIBLE! We were met at the desk by Sezer Yilder who was really great, however, the concierge, Isa Ahmetoglu, was one of the best we have ever met anywhere! There was nothing that he could not take off for us - tours, transportation, restaurants, you name it, Isa was on top of everything.

If we return to Istanbul, which I highly recommend as a great place to visit, we will definitely stay at the W Istanbul again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gerald,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your W stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our talents.It was very pleasing to hear your service experience was exceptional. We are very proud of the level of service provided by our Associates, they are very intuitive and work hard to ensure your every need is not only met, but exceeded. The entire team at W Istanbul takes pride in making our guest feel at home.

It is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations and we do hope to welcome you again for a very special occasion in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the London W, it was great experience to end. Experience in the Istanbul hotel was very different. Room 230 had a shower that leaked to the main room floor. The restaurant was average , nice menu but poor implementation.

Stayed: June 2014
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Rob,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

I am of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments regarding the the service at breakfast as well as the leakage in your room. We are taking immediate steps to address the deficiencies you have noted and want to assure you that these types of occurrences are rare and do not reflect the level of service we aspire to.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent an amazing weekend here. The rooms were splendid, the location central, the service outstanding. I cannot fault anything about this hotel, and would LOVE to return any time I am in Istanbul. Really a great choice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear W Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at W Istanbul, here in Trip Advisor. I hope that we were able to "seed" in you the curiosity to come back to fabolous Istanbul and explore the rest of our fascinating city. Remember that this is your home in Istanbul.

W Istanbul