“Trendy!”

Ranked #122 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
ATHENS
“Trendy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Trendy hotel in a nice Istanbul area, close to Bosporus and walking distance to Nisantasi shopping area. The decoration was modern with local oriental touch and the lighting was sentimental, although a bit dark for my taste. Sometimes I thought I was in a night club, rather than a hotel. Room was beautiful, not as big as in other W hotels, but offered very poor view to local area. Generally, the hotel was very charming and centrally located but lacked view and large common areas. There was not a pool, neither a spa.
Conceirge service was excellent!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MCEAAthens
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear W Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at W Istanbul and also for your feedback as all our guests comments are very important to us in allowing us to improve our services.

However, I am sincerely saddened to see that we were not able to meet all of your expectations during your stay.

As for all W Hotels, one of our motto’s is design and as such not one W is the same as another.
Although in the short distant, we are perhaps not able to change the overall design of the Hotel but I would like to inform you that we have much brighter rooms with large windows flooding the room with natural day light with a beautiful city view.

W Insider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Lived to the W standard. I regret staying elsewhere in Istanbul. Easy access to places around: restaurants, shops, high end shops, and sightseeings. The only down thing was breakfast, it was not the best. Great variety of rooms giving you nice choices

Stayed May 2014
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, here on TripAdvisor.It is fantastic to hear your lovely comments regarding W and the location around.

It means so much for us to hear what you say about our service and W as a whole. I appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast I shared your comment with our F&B Manager.I am sorry if we could not meet your expectations in this aspect. I am also happy to tell you that a remodelling of the restaurant is planed for this coming November, and your comments will be used for sure in the planning of the new décor and mood of the place .

Once again thank you very much for all your feedback, looking to see you very soon,

Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

W Istanbul is easily one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Like boutique hotels W has its own charm. Some love it and some find the decor a little strange. I love it. My room had a nice little balcony and they had kept some turkish sweets as a welcome gift. What sets this hotel apart from all others is the incredible staff they have. They probably have the best concierge in the world who will go out of their way to assist you in any way you need. I was there only for a day and managed to see the top tourist attractions in Istanbul thanks to the concierge. When leaving, the bell boy ran (RAN!) and got me a cab that would not cheat me into paying a much higher fare for my airport ride. I paid only 60TL for the ride to the Aturuk airport. I would definitely stay here during my next visit to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Talk to the concierge and they will ensure you have a great stay in Istanbul.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rjncmu
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Hello,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.Reviews are one of the most important steps for us to improve your W experience.

Thank you very much indeed for your kind praise of our talents. I am delighted to know that you found our concierge and welcome ambassadors to be helpful and knowledgeable. We are truly fortunate to have a wonderful team at W Istanbul, and I will be certain to forward your kind comments to them. I am sure that our ambassadors will be especially glad to know that he made such a lasting impression.

It would be a fantastic to welcome you back to W Istanbul again in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at the W hotel for just one night as a stopover to Dalaman. It is indeed ideally located if you are planning to discover Istanbul's tourist attractions and don't want to spend your day in a taxi (traffic is still pretty horrendous to get to the hotel - took us more than hour hour from Ataturk airport).
I was there with a colleague for a business trip and even though we checked in together, they put us on 2 different floors (we did make the booking together). When I got to my room (3rd floor) it smelled of cold cigarettes (supposedly a non smoking room) and the windows cannot be fully opened - only the top part opened (inclined) so it would have taken me the evening to get the smell out. When I asked Reception to at least put me on the second floor to be closer to my colleague, they mentioned to me that the hotel was sold out and that she got a better room as hers was upgraded. No explanation why they could not upgrade both. After some back and forth, they did manage to put me on the same floor as my colleague (2nd fl). Not sure if that was an 'upgrade' too as my room terrace was right next to the outdoor industrial airco generator (given it is the summer, the noise was rather non-stop)
The outdoor terrace was actually the best thing about this hotel, with a wooden deck, amid greenery, and a nice half moon shaped sofa (even though the shade cover was missing) - but then again, with the noise of this generator next to my terrace I cannot say it was a peaceful terrace.
In the evening we ordered room service (club sandwich with fries) and apart form napkins missing and a long waiting time, the food was cold and tasteless.
The next day, we ordered a beer and my colleague had something floating around in it.
Breakfast buffet was okay, but nothing spectacular.
The worst was simply the room. Dark, very dark, all furniture is dark, dark carpets, dark carpet and the TV is behind some smoked glass wall frame, half of the lights in the room were no working so you cannot even properly see your suitcase - on top of that, and the bath'room' is located in a wall cabinet at the entry door of the room so you are washing yourself in the entry hall. There is no separate bathroom. The corridors of the hotel are dark, with some pink lights decoration which made me more think of a 'room by the hour' hotel, and the elevator was totally dark, again with only some tasteless pink light in the ceiling (I wouldn't want to get stuck in there). A truly depressive hotel.
However, thank God, the staff was very helpful and friendly.
I think if you like dark corners, night birds and a 'design' atmosphere, this is your place. But do not go there if you want to have a cozy and/or warm feeling. I was happy to get out of there.

Room Tip: If you want to get some fresh air and a nice outdoor seating, ask for 2nd floor, but no further than...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Stephanie,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your W stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome constructive comments.

Thank you for acknowledging the attentiveness and warmness of our associates however I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments regarding the room upgrade as well as the portions of in room dining and cold club sandwich with no napkins aside. We are taking immediate steps to address the deficiencies you have noted and want to assure you that these types of occurrences are rare and do not reflect the level of service we aspire to.

Although in the short distant, we are perhaps not able to change the overall design of the Hotel but I would like to inform you that we have much brighter rooms with large windows flooding the room with natural day light. If you would be so kind to give us another chance should you plan to visit the City in the future I would gladly upgrade you to one of those for your next visit.

It is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations and we do hope to welcome you again for a very special occasion in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Situated in a great location, its walking distance to some small bazaars and shops. The Staff were quite friendly and advise on nearby places to go based on what you want to see and time that you have. The rooms are very chic and include some amazing ambient lighting.

If you want to head towards the grand bazaar or the great mosques then you'll have to catch a taxi which would be a 20-30 minutes ride, If its your first time, then its not bad as you'll see alot of places on during the ride where you can stop.

The hotel is a short walk to Taksim square, about 15 minutes, so I personally enjoyed the exploring on the way as well as the street food.

Over all, the hotel is worth a short stay and fun if you're travelling solo!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the excellent feedback! We love welcoming you! Our location is one of the best parts of our hotel. You have immediate access to so many amazing restaurants, shops and entertainment venues. If you ever need a recommendation, get with me as the Insider. I will be glad to share some of my favorites with you.

I'm glad you could enjoy W on your own and experienced our signature service. We do get a little busy over the weekend but during the week.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for two days and loved every minute of it. The staff was super friendly, the hotel room was lovely, spacious and full of sunlight. Everyone was very helpful and kind, from the front desk to the 'Wherever, Whenever' concierge, to the room service. And despite the very 'chic' atmosphere of the hotel, they were very kid friendly. My only recommendation would be better room service options! Most of the W's I've stayed in have a much better selection when it comes to in room dining. Luckily the hotel is right around the corner from several nice cafe's and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear W Guest,

I would like to express my thanks for choosing to stay with us at W Istanbul on your last visit and also for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

It is truly heartwarming to hear that you felt helped and enjoyed during your stay. I am delighted that our team were courteous and helpful. I shall be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone who made your stay wonderful.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to W Istanbul again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I know by now that many W Hotels have nightclubs/bars which go all night long. I mostly like the atmosphere this brings to the hotel but in Istanbul it was just a bit noisy. The no smoking rule also seems to be forgotten after dark. We were in the most basic of rooms which was lovely albeit the sleeping area was tiny but with a huge bathroom. Istanbul is a place you really want a swimming pool and sadly the W does not have one. The location, in an upscale neghbourhood, made us feel like locals and meant we explored more than just the central touristy areas.

Room Tip: The entry price room is very small
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear W Guest,

I appreciate indeed for choosing to stay with us again at W Istanbul, and for taking the time to write your review.

It is absolutely amazing to hear that you loved the location offering plenty of both upscale and casual cafes and restaurants around.Being one of the boutique posh district of the town, Akaretler row houses district dates back to 1875, extension of the Dolmabahçe Palace.

Naturally, I am disappointed to ensure a swimming pool at W.Due to our historical background and restrictions with the size of the property, we are unable to have a swimming pool.Yet, we are working on it to have one.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future for your next visit.

W ınsider