“Nice stay and great area of Istanbul”
Review of W Istanbul

W Istanbul
Ranked #113 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed a few nights in Instanbul as a family of three in June during the start of Ramadam. We had book a room using my SPG points and were upgraded to a fairly large junior suite, with a private patio. The room was at the far end of the 2nd floor and was extremely quiet, but a little dark (no view). I quite like the comfort of the W bed.

We had continental breakfast as part of the Platinum breakfast. They never charged for my daughter. And when we advised them that we wanted to upgrade to a full breakfast one morning, they did not charge us.

Service was efficient and friendly.

I very much liked the location. It is a bit of walk to the nearest tram station (which is a bit inconvenient), so a few times we did take taxis back to the hotel or from the hotel. There were a lot of nearby restaurants that served excellent Turkish cuisine. There was a supermarket nearby and there was an excellent express laundy a 5 minute walk from the hotel that would do your laundy in a few hours.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Christian H, General Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear W Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the W Istanbul and we are so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us. We are simply thrilled that you received great service and liked the design, location and style of the W brand.

Please let us know when you are ready to come back to Istanbul or if you have any friends or family wishing to come visit as well.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I had an opportunity to stay at W hotel Istanbul from July 8 thru July 12 2014. You would expect W hotel to be a 5 star standard! Some people think it is and may be they are correct from their point of view. For us it was unacceptable that for morning coffee one needs to change his pajama suites and go down for a coffee which was done who knows when. When asked at front desk a person told me we are not 5 star but we are designer hotel. Hum I heard this description for the first time. IN any case rooms are too compact for a couple to keep two suitcases. Of course window was wide enough to place a second one. Cleaning service excellent, food yes some side street restaurant had better test food. Overall I would rate a 3 star average, I am glad I did not pay a full rate as booked thru hotels.com Who needs 5 different types of pillow and 6 people to greet you every time you enter or exit the hotel. There were 20 different types of alcoholic drinks.They sure can cut two people and provide room amenities or take $ 5 more.

Room Tip: I do not think unless you pay full price there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Christian H, General Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear W Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate your comments, sorry about that you were inconvenienced for the complimentary morning coffee service. At present though we have 24 hrs room service we do not have coffee and tea making facilities in rooms. We certainly will evaluate your kind suggestion of providing it rather than serving complimentary coffee in the lobby. Our wonderful rooms start at 30 square meters, we of course have many other larger rooms available in the hotel.

For your next visit could you please inform me direct so that I can assist you personally with the best options that suit you most.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The one thing I didn't like about the rooms was it was tiny. The room had two beds and there was hardly any room for suitcases and bags. Two people would literally bang against each other. The breakfast was served in a different part of the hotel and that was pretty average too,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear W Guest

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all our guests feedback, as we are in the process of restyling our restaurant, for a short while we served breakfast at our studios, glad to inform you that it is now moved back at the hotel and served on the top floor suite with a terrace and view of the Bosphorus.
We are sorry that you thought our twin rooms were small for your needs, they are 30square meters, however we have mega rooms and several suites available.

Please do let me know direct when you are next in town so I can personally ensure we find you the perfect room and perfect stay.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel is a bit out of the way, but in a beautiful and safe-feeling neighborhood near the water. We liked that it felt like an escape from the hustle and bustle of other areas. As an SPG Platinum member, we chose this hotel because we generally like and trust these brands for an excellent experience the world over. This property did not meet those expectations. We arrived after a long trip in Central Asia with high hopes. We were upgraded to a nicer room which was a real plus. What were we disappointed about? Here is our list: 1. The hotel is under renovation. We did not know that in time to change our plans. 2. Our room did not really have a separate bathroom. That wasn't a problem, but not entirely comfortable. 3. The shower door (which opens directly into the sitting area) leaks profusely. Clearly it has for awhile based on the water stains on the floor. 4. The lock on the door to the patio doesn't work correctly. 5. The A/C was not working correctly for the first 24 hours of our visit. 6. The vanity is very low making shaving and other tasks a bit messy and uncomfortable. What did we like? 1. The breakfast was TERRIFIC. 2. The cool and edgy feel that is common for W Hotel was fun here...making it a good place for a romantic stay. 3. The service staff are very helpful and accommodating. 4. The bed was comfortable and fun.

Overall, we still like W Hotels and would stay here again...this particular property just needs to improve its game and fix some basic problems. It would be nice if we got something in exchange for having to be at a hotel under renovation and lacking all of the typical services.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear W Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed and constructive feedback, we really appreciate all our wonderful guests’ suggestions and comments as it helps us to improve our services and facilities.
Thank you also for your kind words regarding the team. In order to keep the hotel beautiful and always immaculate, time to time we do need to make improvements, although we have informed everyone and advised all our guests via online channels too it seems this message of restyling of our outlets did not reach you on time, please accept our apologies for that.

Please do write to me direct for your next visit so that I can personally handle your reservation and ensure that you experience a refreshed W next time

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Me and my brother had a very comfortable stay at the W Istanbul. When we arrived at the hotel at 9 am, the reception desk already had a room available for us! The concierge was very helpful, and Ezgi (whenever whatever agent)made our stay by giving very good recommendations and adding personal but professional service. The hotel is located in a neighbourhood which is nice for dinner and not so touristy as the Fatih area. Only downside was the fact that the restaurant was under construction during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful experience of your visit to W Istanbul.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our service and especially our talents made a wonderful impression on you. You are most kind in your compliments regarding WW agent Ezgi and Concierge.

Apologizes for the restaurant renovation.However, great news is already here with fabolous grand renovation going on at W. Soon, we will be back with Istanbul's one of the best restaurant at our property.So be well prepared for the next time.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Koray Kendir
W Insider

Reviewed 29 July 2014

As usual the W is a perfect hotel for me. It has amazing design and rooms.

the only one thing is that is probably a 20 minute taxi (with trafffic) ride to the centre.

There are nice places to eat and shopping near by.

I spent 3 nights and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello,
Hi Kane,

Thank you for the excellent feedback! We love welcoming you! Our location is one of the best parts of our hotel. You have immediate access to so many amazing restaurants, shops and entertainment venues. If you ever need a recommendation, get with me as the Insider. I will be glad to share some of my favorites with you.

I'm glad you could enjoy W on your own and experienced our signature service. We do get a little busy over the weekend but during the week.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Koray Kendir
W Insider

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Someone told me W hotel is the best in istanbul well they were right!
Check in was so laid back and cool i felt like they could take care of anything
A good 30 minute drive from airport 20 euro but as soon as i arrived i felt very safe and relaxed
Walking distance to all the shopping, perfect location
The rooms oh my god are probably the best rooms i have seen, talk about state of the art
I felt like i entered a "future" hotel room from the plasma TV, Ipod docking station to the amenties avaialble, fridge was stacked with goodies not the usual mars bar and coca cola
I know W theme is to be different well you were definatly different
Slept great, had a garden terrace, i just didnt want to leave the room
My phone battery was low and they didnt have a charger but i left my phone with them as they charged it with a staff's charger! thats how much trust i had for them
Staff were very friendly and helpful they looked like they were just chilled and loved there jobs!
If there was any stress behind the scenes you would never know
strong free WIFI in the lobby area but not in the room
There is no spa but they have a gym and no pool, but even so im only going to istanbul to stay at the W hotel
I would recomend for a romatic getaway

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent but i personally loved the garden terrace room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Christian H, General Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello from your friends at W Istanbul!

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable experience with us. The creative combination of the old with the contemporary is inspiring to all of us. We feel that this spirit also reflects the allure and heritage of Istanbul very well. REMIXED.
Please be assured that all guest reviews are enthusiastically shared with everyone at our W Istanbul team and are very much valued by all of us.

We would be very happy to welcome you back and hope to see you again soon!
Warmest wishes,