“A soggy mess”

Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
San Francisco, California
“A soggy mess”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I came here on the recommendation of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" and was disappointed. It's located at the beginning of Istiklal Street near Taksim Square. The wet burgers were a soggy mess and I'm not sure why anyone would crave this unless they were really that drunk. I would pass. Blech!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jing0423

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good, but I'd rather have a döner kebab”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have to admit that I visited the Kizilkayalar stand in Taksim because of Anthony Bourdain. I went earlier in the day when there was not a line down the street so that I could enjoy my wetburgers in peace. The meat was very tasty, uniquely spiced, and juicy, but I have to imagine that the burgers are called wetburgers because of all of the grease on the bun. I can imagine that I would have enjoyed these burgers so much more if I were drunk, but alas, I was not. Döner kebab are so much more satisfying, drunk or sober, that I'm glad I tried the wetburgers, but I will stick to my first street food love hereafter.

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC
“Delicious wet burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We saw this place in Anthony Bourdain's show and came across it while walking in Taksim Square. It was small delicious spicy burgers! Must try if you are visiting Taksim.

• Visited February 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Soggy burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

New found taste in all the burgers that I have had so far. Limited space inside not suitable for big groups. Also to die for is the lemon juice, have not tasted such tasty lemon juice before and this one really stand out and we had another one each before we leave the place. Really recommending this joint to enjoy both burger and lemon juice- out of this world!

• Visited January 2013
“cheap turkish burger!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

fast service, and they help alot to explain thing to stranger, and foreigner like us, milky and taste like kebap ;) and cheap too, you can have 1 small portion of turkish buger only for 2,5 TL