“Quaint friendly hotel!”

Ranked #378 of 1,140 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago, Illinois
“Quaint friendly hotel!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was my first trip out of the country traveling alone. I was a little apprehensive but it turned out to be my favorite destination. The Romantic Hotel arranged my ride from the airport to the hotel. At the hotel everything was perfect - clean, good food and friendly atmosphere. The staff and especially the manager Atilla were friendly and were very helpful by pointing out destinations and explaining the culture. The hotel was within walking distance of most Sultanahmet sights and was surrounded by restaurants and quaint shops. I will definitely stay there on my next trip to Istanbul. As an extra bonus they were very pet friendly!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
RomanticHotel, Yönetici at Romantic Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 23 January 2014

Greetings from Romantic Hotel Istanbul.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Romantic Hotel. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Romantic Hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us in Romantic Hotel.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel as I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Atilla OZER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Benghazi, Libya
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Best place i have stayed , the rooms is lovely for honeymoon in the terrace you can have breakfast with really nice view . Everything was quite comfortable , Orhan the who will recieve you , he is so kind and friendly man i have ever met in istanbul. The hotel is no 1 in turkey.

• Stayed August 2013

Iasi, Romania
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Placed on a highly touristic area, this small and appealing hotel, mesmerized my wife, and myself. Only 10 minutes walk from Blue Mosque, the hotel is surrounded with restaurants, cafeterias, and other boutique hotels. The receptionists (Serdar and Orhan) are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we missed the breakfasts due to the fact that we overslept. The reason were the long and delightful walks, together with the quiet and comfy rooms. I highly recommend this hotel for couples.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CezarG_13
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 6 November 2013

nothing was too much trouble during my stay here..location is outstanding..walking distance of EVERYTHING worth seeing....owner even took me to meet my tour group as we couldn't find a taxi....highly highly recommended..Lesley waddilove, south africa

Room Tip: as high as possible to get sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lesdarley
RomanticHotel, Yönetici at Romantic Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear My guest Lesley,

I would like to thank you for your kind review about Romantic Hotel.

And tell my regards to johanna too.

Hope to host you again if you come back to Istanbul.

With My Warm Regards.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Literally steps away from heart of Sultanhamet, Romantic Hotel is an oasis of calm. From moment you walk in, you can see the visual references to an charming and romantic concept. The check in area is staffed with friendly and smiling faces. Go up to your room and you will find spaces designed with attention to every single detail, all combined with the comfort and total cleaning. Unique the top-floor terrace for breakfast with a view without equal on Sultanahmet. We discovered Romantic Hotel a few months ago. It our choice place to stay when we come to Istanbul. Over the years we have stayed on many other hotels in Istanbul. We keep returning to Romantic Hotel because it is really in the center of all, it is quaint, quiet and charming, and it does feel like home when we are in Istanbul. Our best choose in Istanbul...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Antimo81

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The best small hotel i have ever stayed that i wanted to write review for this lovely place. Me and my sister stayed 5 nights in romantic hotel whic was an unforgatable stay, hotel is on the center of old city we walked every museums and atractions our room was perfect with romantic decoration. Staf was very helpful, thaks for all mr atilla ozer and the others.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Salvadore C

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel in hear of Istanbul last week. It is ideal for your city break and close to all major attractions that this great city has to offer. We went for the sea view suite and had amazing views of the Bosphorus.

PROS:
Great Location
Lovely quaint feel to the place
Ideal for couples

CONS:
Poor bed sheets that resembled a large towels
Customer Service was ok
They had a beautiful parrot in reception looking rather bored. I asked if she is allowed to fly and the receptionist replied that they had its wings clipped so it is unable to fly. This left me with a sour taste in my mouth and would rather see it in the wild!

Room Tip: See view is well worth it
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple